• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terrarian Keys Revision

SauceGod1.1

He/Him
The Terrarian's keys are a mess and should be remade, I'm unsure who made the keys but the way they're divided annoys me and some are just wrong, Instead of the way it's currently made I propose that The keys should be divided into when the terrarian can no longer progress until he defeats a boss, at every stage in the game there's a limit as to how much you have available and each key should focus on that, the Begining of the game key should be up to Tier 5 armor as it's available the moment you begin the game and needs little exploration, but some may say that's early game so inturn the Terrarian's first key should be Beginning of the game where they have access to.

First Key, Beginning of the game

Armor:

Gold/Platinum

Weapons:

Gold/Platinum Sword, Enchanted Boomerang, Gold bow with Frostburn or Jester Arrows, Poison Knife, and Grenades

Accessories:

Band of Regen and Starpower, Herme's Boots and Cloud in a bottle

Potions:

Healing, Archery, Iron Skin, Regenerationn and Well Fed

The Early Game Key should be removed and replaced with a Pre-boss where it includes everything that's available to you before fighting any boss.

Second Key, Pre-boss

Armor:

Molten/Meteorite/Jungle

Weapons:

Minishark, Arkhalis, Molten Fury, Enchanted Sword, Star Fury, Boomstick, Space Gun, Aquabolt, Imp/Slime Staff

Accessories:

Feral Claws, Frostspark Boots, Manaflower and Celestial Cuffs

You get the point, there are multiple things you can gain early on in the game without cheating

The Midgame key should just be renamed Pre-hard mode, But now comes the debunking of abilities, The midgame key is before the Post WOF key so I'm assuming it's still pre-hardmode since you have to defeat the WOF to progress into hardmode, now, why do these exist in this key?

Hellfire Manipulation (Can use cursed flames, which are unable to be put out by water and deal more damage than regular fire)

From the Official Terraria Wiki "Cursed Flame is a Hardmode crafting material, whose Crimso counterpart is Ichor. It is dropped by World Feeders, Vile Ghouls and Clingers, all of which can be found in The Corruption."

IDK how you can inflict cursed flames with pre-hardmode equipment, and if so enlighten me. The only way to inflict it prehard mode is with the Spectral Arrows which aren't in the "Cannon" of terraria as they only appear in the old gen and 3DS version of terraria which I wouldn't count because of neither of those versions have Post golem content

Transformation (Transforms into a werewolf at night, with increased statistics), Invulnerability (Becomes invulnerable for a second or so when hurt), Statistics Reduction (Can reduce defense with Ichor)

Ichor is a hardmode crafting material and the moonstone or whatever it's called that's used to craft the celestial shell and is dropped by werewolves is also a hardmode accessory so I still don't get how midgame is pre WOF and you have these accessories.

limited Time Manipulation (Can fast forward an entire day every 7 days, though most living beings are unaffected)

This is nonimportant to the Terraian scaling but I'll still debunk it, this is also a hardmode item so unless the "Midgame" key is Post WOF it ain't happening

Can summon falling stars either manually or automatically when hurt

This is the necklace or veil which are both hardmode

The resistance to Poison Manipulation, Blindness, Bleeding, Armor Breaking, Slowing Effects, and Knockback, Curses, Power Nullification, Mind Manipulation are mostly or all part of the Ank Shield which even the majority of its ingredients are hardmode

Instead of the post WOF key, it should be pre mech bosses which is the beginning of hardmode and a lot of things should be moved there, instead of post mech bosses it should be pre plantera and instead of post plantera it should be pre golem, then before endgame key, it should be pre moon lord which should include everything except things crafted from luminite.

That's it for now hope the issue is resolved

The abilities do need to be reworked but that was because the Terrarian's ap keys changed during the downgraded to 8-C and upgrades to 8-B. However equipment like Hellstone shouldn't be in the Terrarian's 8-B key as the Terrarian is practically unkillable to the 8-B bosses with that equipment and you get it in roundabout, unbalanced ways. The npcs all have dialogue that tells the player the proper progression through pre Hardmode.

The guide tells you which equipment and the amount you should have before each boss, the Demolitionist tells you after the EoC is dead that his explosives can blow up the corruption and the Dryad also gives you powder to purify the corruption so you can fight the EoW. The Clothier tells you that with a certain amount of hearts and proper equipment his master (Skeletron) will easily destroy you.

The Terrarian's ap keys are perfectly fine, however we do need to redo the powers. Though due to the forum transfer I believe we'll have to wait on thos revision. In the mean time I'll look though the accessories and weapons to see what equipment the Terrarian can get at certain points of the game.

The abilities do need to be reworked but that was because the Terrarian's ap keys changed during the downgraded to 8-C and upgrades to 8-B. However equipment like Hellstone shouldn't be in the Terrarian's 8-B key as the Terrarian is practically unkillable to the 8-B bosses with that equipment and you get it in roundabout, unbalanced ways. The npcs all have dialogue that tells the player the proper progression through pre Hardmode.

You don't get it in a roundabrout way as it's availabe at the beggining of the game and fishining for loot is actually a way to play the game, since it's a sandbox nothing is roundabout, unless you're saying that it's wrong to get the ankshield at the beggining of hardmode or leaf wings at the beggining of hardmode since both require you to do "roundabout" plays like killing queen bee, OPTIONAL BOSS which holds no importance to the progression other than making the game EASIER by using beenades on WOF and gatting the witch doctor for leaf wings, all of those are round about ways to progess as they hold no importance to the "Progression of the game". And how is fishining unbalalanced? lmao the reaver shark was introduced in 1.2.4 when fishsining was introduced, all the way back in 2014, almost 6 years ago and they haven't though once to fix it. Have you forgoten what a roundabout is? means to say or in you argument do something that isn't to the main progression, but Terrraria is a sandbox, and everything that you do like get an ankshield or specific equipment and accesories that makes you stronger is roundabout, farmining for a specific itsem is roundabout, but since it's a sandbox nothing is roundabout because there is no direct way to play. In my point of view each key should be centered around what you have available at each stage of the game because it's a sand box and getting the best equipment available before fightining any boss isn't cheating nor unbalanced as enemies in hell can oneshot you at that stage in the game so it's a high risk for a high reward, are you going to say that playing in expertmode to get better equipment, a mode that is all about amping the bosses to give better rewards at the cost of a higher risk is wrong? it isn't because whatever is availabe to the terrarian there's no reason he shouldn't take it as every play style is round about, if it's unbalanced why are you able to get it without cheating?

The guide tells you which equipment and the amount you should have before each boss, the Demolitionist tells you after the EoC is dead that his explosives can blow up the corruption and the Dryad also gives you powder to purify the corruption so you can fight the EoW. The Clothier tells you that with a certain amount of hearts and proper equipment his master (Skeletron) will easily destroy you.

Before i continue let me ask, Are you seriously making the argument that the NPC, who are giving you tips, not directions are the way to progress? if so no NPC tells the terrarian to get multiple "optional" equipment like the ankshield or items form optional bosses yet the player still chooses to so with that argument everything that the NPC don't suggest shouldn't be in the terrarian's page, but then Again, send me these statemets let me debunk and explain them. and also do you know what a suggestion is? a sugestion is an idea or plan put forward for consideration, they tell you to consider these things before continuing not that you should do them a suggestion and command is different, nothing the npc says you have to do i other to continue, only the bosses you have to defeat are WOF the mech bosses, plantera, golem the lunaic cultist, the celestial pillar and the moonlord everyother boss is optional for better equipment

It's not just the guide though. The Dryad, clothier, the guy who sells you explosives, and the merchant all have dialogue about what bosses you are suppo To fight at which times. Bosses themselves also have requirements that cause them to spawn naturally and the bosses that don't spawn naturally have stats that place them within certain areas of progression, like Duke has stats much better than the mechanical bosses.

Looting Diamonds from villages in Minecraft is completely valid but it also breaks the games progression horribly.

Killing the Dancer in Dark Souls 3 as soon as you can also breaks the game. You can get a item in a game that completely breaks the progression, doesn't mean we should base the progression off it. You can get the master sword in Breath of the Wild before saving any of the old heroes, that game is a sandbox for the most part, and it completely breaks the game.

It being a sandbox doesn't mean it doesn't have progression, it clearly does. There is a single item that breaks the progression sideways vs multiple npc dialogue, boss spawn conditions, and the general stats of the bosses themselves.

Getting Hellstone before the King Slime is completely unbalanced, you heal faster than the King Slime can kill you and kill it within seconds; it is clearly not how you are supposed to play the game.

Back