• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Teon's Brackets, Round 5

Anyway, Bond in the Vanquish leads with those rockets and invisibility. It's not enough to one shot but still it's a big advantage from the start

Anyway, to start things off...

Starmans main abilities is his psionic abilities varying to PSI Fire, Freeze, And Beam; and he spams these a lot. Of course, he can be on guard

But considering the AP...

Apparently in Earthbound Beginnings, he is "Strong against heat Strong against cold Strong against thunder It may be small but it's clearly an alien".

Just a minor thing.

Though Idk if it adds anything to the fight.

So Starman could evade these attacks via teleporting or this pod that he uses to escape in EBB

DaBigP said:
Anyway, to start things off...

Starmans main abilities is his psionic abilities varying to PSI Fire and Freeze; and he spams these a lot. Of course, he can be on guard

But considering the AP...
Does David Bowie have a defendable way of stopping the homing missiles from hitting him?

Teleportation or That little pod thingy I mentioned.

Of course, Starman could use PK Beam Y, which according to the wiki "In its weaker forms it damages an enemy, in it's second strongest form it instantly kills a foe and its strongest form deals ridiculous damage to all enemies".

Keeping in mind, these missiles lock in on a target and James can fire multiple every few seconds. However, if Starman was to teleport away and was standing in front of a car or something on the highway, it would hit the car. It's not so insanely good that it immediately backtracks to wherever SM is

Can Mr Bond evade any of those PSI abilities I mentioned above? PK Beam being the most deadliest one. PSI, of course, is activated with a mere thought.

Hmmm. This is really tricky. Bond never likes to be stationary in these sort of situations, and uses invisibility all the time. If a rocket hits SM, he's gonna be in trouble. On the flip side, Freeze is James' biggest concern here.

This is a good match tbh

DaBigP said:
Can Mr Bond evade any of those PSI abilities I mentioned above? PK Beam being the most deadliest one. PSI, of course, is activated with a mere thought.
It kinda depends how PSI works. Considering James will always be moving and is invisible, would the attack work of fail and miss?

"PK Freeze: A very cold wind that swirls around an enemy that does ice damage and can freeze them. Is able to harm psychic barriers."

"PK Fire: An array of fire that burns a row of enemies. Is able to harm psychic barriers."

Beam is pretty self explanatory

Hopefully that helps.

Right, so they're both attacks that kinda need to know where an enemy is to work or they fail. Fire can do a it if damage but since James can tank literal torpedoes from submarines with comparable AP to his own, it's not a huge concern (yes the Vanquish can go underwater it's sick as hell)

Freeze is the bigger problem though. I don't think the Vanquish would be permanently frozen but it will allow Starman easy damage.

However, since it's gonna be hard for Starman to evade rockets forever and Bond'S invinciblity counters the PSI moves to an extent, i guess I'll go with Bond in a really good match tbh. Plus even if he used PSI freeze to freeze the ground or whatever, Bond has literally drove perfectly with the Vanquish on frozen ground before

Plus I'll say that is 88mj comes from his rocket launcher and his Vanquish's rockets are above that to an unknown extent and the submarine torpedoes scale to that above number. So accumulating damage is really gonna be tough for Starman here

I mean, like I said, Starman usually spams these PSI abilities. The rockets here are 88mj of which Starman should be able to access Teleportation and his Pod to evade it (not for long however), I'd say Starman could just freeze Bond then eventually follow up with a PK Beam Y to that rocket and Bonds vehicle? Weird thought..

Anyway, what I'm saying here is that it's obvious Starmans PSI abilities will come into a play here. PK Beam Y could just one shot that vehicle/or freeze+PK Beam.

Plus, Freeze is a very cold wind that swirls up to the enemy.

Freeze would have to land that hit though against an invisible enemy that's always moving. If Freeze hits then yeah Bond loses but by the same logic, if Starman gets hit by superior to 88mj rockets which are also spammed and are homing, he's kinda screwed

SM uses teleportation to avoid rockets, James uses invisibility to counter direct PSI attacks

It might be whoever shoots who first honestly

Yeah which is a sick move btw (Earthbound is awesome)

But Starman needs to know where the target is first which is somewhat countered by invisibility anyway.

Since PK Fire is an array fire that is able to burn a row of enemies, wouldn't it eventually hit Bond (but not doing a lot of damage)?

But yeah, I agree it's a "who shoots situation".

But again, wouldn't PK Beam Y be able to stop the missile?

It depends. I'm pretty sure it's a row but not in every direction. So while it could, a car should have the means to avoid it

Yeah I'm switching to Incon

It probably does, but James fires two at a time every few seconds so it wouldn't stop everyone

So I guess we agree on ANOTHER inconclusive. This time, though, we agree on an ACTUAL inconclusive.

Eeeh, inconclusive FRA.

Incon: 4

Teon's Confusion: 2

I'm confused because I'm supposed to be working but I keep sneaking peaks at the match.

I'll be on the return...when I retur

Alright well I finished the first 2 pics for the 2 next Round 2 matches, gonna wait to deliver them all at once once the rest of the round 1 matches sre done.

Back