• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Yeehaw, I'll copy and paste my comment back from The other High 8-C Bracket...

Beginning of the battle Starman DX has a psychic shield ready to go, which should be able to protect Starman from elemental hax. It then leads with PK Starstorm (" A barrage of falling stars rains down on the enemy for great damage.") and Brainshock ("Causes the enemy to become disoriented."). occasionally, he'll be able to call other Starmans to the fight; who are also High 8-C and have similar hax to the Starman Deluxe (notably the Super Starman). They all can drain energy and amp themselves via PSI Magnet and can also use elemental hax in the offense side. Those should be able to cause problems to the opposing side."

"Starman DX are superior to Super Starmans and regular Starmans, and they are both High 8-C of which Starman DX can call into battle."

"Also want to point out that, in case a Starman Super gets called into battle, their Healing power is enough to bring back a robot that exploded into bits."

Define energy absorption

As in, any energy? Specific types of energy?

If it includes stuff like, say, heat, or light, or electricity, that's a few of cat guy's abilities instantly not really working.

@DaBigP

The issue is that wards can block stuff like Frenzy/Calm among a bunch of other mind-based spells, although IDK if PSI equalizes as magic in this scenario (Although it should still be blocked if the PSI attacks are transfered with a projectile).

J'zargo also has paralysis, which while breif gives him openings for free attacks. His ice and fire spells will also deal extra damage to the Starman due to its weaknesses, although as a follower he opts to use electrical attacks more often.

DaBigP said:
Can you actually make it Starman Super? They aren't that tough to deal with and don't have PK Starstorm.
I'm mostly concerned about the AP gap, I'll use Starman Super if it's facing higher end High 8-Cs, don't worry.

PSI ain't magic, unless you use SBA. Few psychic abilities aren't projectiles; PK Flash for example is a projectile. Descriptions: PSI Fire is "An array of fire that burns a row of enemies. Is able to harm psychic barriers." , PSI Freeze is "A very cold wind that swirls around an enemy that does ice damage and can freeze them. Is able to harm psychic barriers."

Paralysis doesn't prevent PSI though, they can also heal themselves and call in a few Starmans into the fight; who have similar abilities and are in the same tiering.

I'm mostly concerned about the AP gap, I'll use Starman Super if it's facing higher end High 8-Cs, don't worry.

Alright, that's fine with me.

DaBigP said:
Paralysis doesn't prevent PSI though, they can also heal themselves and call in a few Starmans into the fight; who have similar abilities and are in the same tiering.
Fair point, actually. Forgot that PSI doesn't require physical movement. Not like the starman moves much anyways.

Summoning other Starmen is exclusive to its thrid key tho.

That sort of jukes J'zargo's best bet at winning here. Starman should take it via PSI attacks, better AP, etc.

Okay so energy absorption ain't great

So Starman has Forcefields and a solid AP advantage vs Versatility and Intelligence, as well as minor hax such as paralysis inducement.

Do all of his abilities rely on projectiles (speaking of Jzargo here)?

Fair point, actually. Forgot that PSI doesn't require physical movement. Not like the starman moves much anyways.

Summoning other Starmen is exclusive to its thrid key tho.

That sort of jukes J'zargo's best bet at winning here. Starman should take it via PSI attacks, better AP, etc.

My bad about the summoning, and yeah.

Starman can teleport if that means anything

Oh yeah, forgot about Brainshock which "Causes the enemy to become disoriented". Which means Cat dude will be hitting himself.

Imma have to go with Starman. He has the AP advantage, and paralysis doesn't really mess with him in any meaningful way. If this just comes to a spray of ranged attacks at eachother, then Starman takes it due to the barriers and superior AP. Since it probably will come to that, I'm gonna vote for Starman.

Mr. Bambu said:
as well as minor hax such as paralysis inducement.
Paralysis Inducement actually doesn't do anything to PSI moves as they don't require physical movement.

Oh so paralysis won't work.

RIP yeah I'm handing this to Starman FRA. AP + Skoom Lover's best hax not working = that's a yikes from me b0ss.

RIP Skoom, you will be missed.

Starman - 6 (Crimson, Edward, Phoenix, DaBigP, Bambu, Iapitus)

>Notices that Starman's calc is based on creating a crater in dirt which has a fork ton lower J/CC

ughhhhh

Yeah the result would be like

From 100 to 40 times lower then what we see on it

Of course I'd have to get to recalculating it and all

Either way oof

well that means Starboi and Meteorboi are dq'd from High 8-C Doubles too

gratz Homura and Aang

h

Then again I wonder if any earthbound guys want to look into KE or whatnot

No, he'd go lower, but I'm not sure a recalc needs done.

Frankly that looks like honest to god rock. It's the same color as the cliffside.

If it goes from 40 J/CC to 1 the result goes from 6.166 tons to 0.15415

Of course if it happens to be real rock then 214.35 J/CC should be used which amps it to 8-B

Which seems pretty inflated considering how tiny the crater is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back