• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TenSura LN Major Revision - Slime-Verse Salvation - Tier 1 Upgrade

You are forgetting that this is not how things work in TenSura, so let's go deeper into the idea of "different non-orthogonal directions" of time by simplifying the matter into a geometrical model:

Consider a tetra-dimensional space where:

• X-axis represents the spatial dimensions.
  • The Y-axis represents the ordinary time dimension, with the future upwards.

Now imagine:

• A straight line L1 extending along the Y-axis, representing the flow of ordinary time.
  • A second straight line L2 moving parallel to L1, but on a different plane inclined at an angle of 0 with respect to Y.

L2 will never intersect L1, but moves "next to" it in an alternate time direction, as mentioned in the verso. Each point on L2 represents a different "now" than L1, although both move in the "same general direction into the future".

From a physical point of view, this representation in geometric space suggests:

• Multiple "arrows of time" advancing in slightly different directions in space-time.
  • Each arrow represents a slightly different notion of causality and time evolution.
  • Observers in L1 and L2 would experience the "sense" of time in subtly but perceptibly different ways.

If we consider this idea of timelines moving in non-parallel temporal directions, then the idea of introducing an additional coordinate in order to adequately represent these different notions of time becomes necessary. Then we have to simplify (again) the model I already established in my first post, along with the new one we have:

• The X-axis represents the spatial dimensions.
  • The Y-axis represents the ordinary time dimension.
  • A line L2 moves in a direction not parallel, neither "superimposed" nor orthogonal to L1 (Y-axis) on a plane inclined at an angle of 0.

Now we must add:

- A fourth axis U perpendicular to the XY and XL2 planes.

Each point in space now has coordinates (x, y, z, u), where:

• (x, y, z) represents the spatial position.
  • y represents the ordinary time.
  • u represents the "alternative time direction" along L2.

And everything else I already established above.
I dont understand why you put spatial and temporal in 1 diagram. If you want to prove 2nd time axis just put time, because i think we not talking about space in here

I think you batter explain it use feats and situation in tensura, i know what you say here but what the connection about this and slime?

If we use tensura feats, it obviously L1 and L2 are facing same direction of future even if they have different events that occur

• L1 say rimuru get killed by eastern empire
  • L2 say rimuru never meet hinata
Are this two timelines not facing to the future? Why and how this two timelines are non-parallel or whatever you say about that?

Branch worlds will have different event, but will not give different notion and sense of time. I mean just events that change here not the entirety of timeline

I dont understand why you put spatial and temporal in 1 diagram. If you want to prove 2nd time axis just put time, because i think we not talking about space in here

I think you batter explain it use feats and situation in tensura, i know what you say here but what the connection about this and slime?

If we use tensura feats, it obviously L1 and L2 are facing same direction of future even if they have different events that occur

Are this two timelines not facing to the future? Why and how this two timelines are non-parallel or whatever you say about that?

Branch worlds will have different event, but will not give different notion and sense of time. I mean just events that change here not the entirety of timeline
I don't want to talk much about this. I'll just say this: Time direction doesn't matter.
You seem to forget it but it's just optional. If each timeline has its own time axis then time direction doesn't matter. If it's shown then it's always good.

However: it was explicitly stated that the direction of Time this time was different then previously[2]

Representing the time axes in geometric spaces to be able to visualize them is fine, it is a mathematical resource, it is not that I am treating them as "spatial" axes. It is simply a conceptual simplification, it is to make it possible to understand.

Even simplifying space-time to a plane is something very common, you can see it in the explanations of relativistic gravity in high school, where you can see how an object with mass, like a ball, deforms a cloth where it was placed, simulating the effect of gravity in space-time.

Now let's explain it in TenSura.

There is a timeline (X) let's say it is the original one we know: Rimuru becomes true dragon, doesn't die and etc etc.

There is another (Y) rimuru dies and is resurrected later, etc etc.

Both are time axes that follow different "directions" but in the sense of their set of events, also not the "where they are going" as such, as both are still heading into the future. But they both "extend" into different senses of the future, but into the future after all, this is what "different directions" means in this context.

If we put them both in a Euclidean space (X), which is the set of (x, y, z, t) i.e. a tetradimensional space (spacetime), and (Y), which is the same, although they look in the "same direction" (the future), Y is "tilted" at an "angle" with respect to (X). (Note that this "spatial" sounding way of explaining things is just a way of simplifying this matter, because explaining this is very difficult).

Then since both look in "different directions" not orthogonal to the future, but not parallel as such, and "flow" in that direction, the idea of an extra dimension (u) reflecting that change becomes necessary, because if not, it is impossible for them to "flow" in that non-orthogonal "different direction".

If you want, you can imagine it with an infinite winding road, it seems to "zigzag" and "move in another direction" but it goes "straight" i.e. "the direction is the same" as such, the future, but such a road must "extend" into "something else" to exist, and cannot "exist" as a straight line. (Please remember this is just one way to imagine it, and again did not imply that time works the same as space).

The rest I already explained, seriously I can't do this forever, tell me you understood it. Put all my explanations together, write them down if you want in a notebook, so you can see what I mean.

I have not seen the original text equivalent to the conclusion, and I can not understand this way of understanding, so I don't agree.

Back