• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
This revision thread will primary go over ap and speed for a few characters, another thread will be created later on when all the translations are out which will deal with Rimuru Tempest being Low 2-C or higher depending on the translations but for now this will do.

Gravity Collapse
First of all, when discussing the change in tiers, it is important to understand what Gravity Collapse is:

"The cause: a devastating nuclear magic known as 'Gravity Collapse'.

Releasing an insane amount of force, the cruel magic crushed them all. With gravity like that of a star, a localized gravity field had been generated. Anyone who may have been inside that super compressed area, had been crushed without exception. If that kind of force had continued any longer, all the energy would get focused on a single point, eventually creating a small black hole. The enemy did not intend to go that far, thankfully. Eliminating the majority of the troops, the magic had ceased. But, with almost 100,000 dead, it'd be a miracle if any had survived……"

So Gravity Collapse creates a localized gravity field which if continued would create a small blackhole.

Dragon Nova
It is revealed that Milim Nava ability called Dragon Nova is actually the ultimate, perfected form of Gravity Collapse, Dragon Nova causes a supernova.

"ÒÇîOho……? For you to be unscathed after being hit by Drago Nova……ÒÇì ÒÇîAh, it was the ultimate magic that caused a supernova explosion with a super-high compressio. It's the ultimate perfected form of nuclear strike magic "Gravity Collapse", but it's impossible to be use unless the user can manipulate Stardust freely. It's indeed an ultimate magic fitting for you. But, you see――ÒÇì

Velda began to explain heedlessly to Milim who unintentionally expressed her disbelief. He created a thin light membrane on his hand as to show Milim and continued his explanation.

ÒÇîI can also manipulate stardust. It's easy to avert the impact since I directed the destruction so it only affected a limited area.ÒÇì"

So essentially Dragon Nova is a highly compressed supernova explosion.

Quartet Skill
Added to this Diablo, Dino, Benimaru, and Zegio combined their strongest abilities which created the greatest destructive power since the beginning of the universe:

"Several super special moves were unleashed. With exquisite timing, it all reached the center of the tetrahedron as to cover Dino's technique. It caused a catastrophic, destructive power which was the greatest ever seen since the beginning of the universe. The catastrophic destruction filled『Absolute Barrier』, which was created to not let such power escape.

――Quartet Skill´╝ÜBreakdown Nostalgia――

The power of the four people combined as one and brought forth the ultimate destruction. It could be said that it was fortunate that this place was a subspace. For example, even if it was sealed by『Absolute Barrier』, just the leaked aftershock of the destructive power would be enough to wreck the surface ground. Since it was a Quartet Skill by four of the most powerful beings in the world, the synergy produced an unimaginable result."

This combined power pretty much creates a blackhole:

"In any case, the destructive power produced by the Quartet Skill would be blocked by『Absolute Barrier』 and would converge in the center. It would create a powerful gravitational force towards the center, and consigned everything into oblivion beyond the "Event Horizon". In order to escape from there you would need to exceed the speed of light, which was practically impossible. The space was too distorted and unstable, so activating『Transfer』was out of the question.

This same attack was survived by a True Dragon, albeit it was on the verge of death:

"Everyone who witnessed the spectacle was completely silenced. Except for one person.

ÒÇîKufufu, kuha, kuhahahahaha! Amazing, what a truly amazing power!! However, what is more amazing than all else is the existence called "True Dragon". Even after being bathed by such destructive power, it hasn't been annihilated――ÒÇì

While Diablo laughed loudly, he analyzed it calmly. Exactly as he stated, only the intact "Dragon Core" remained in the center of the tetrahedron. Although colorless, it was a mysterious orb emitting a dim shine. Everyone was captivated as if their minds were stolen by the orb. However, that would lead to carelessness. The "Berserk Dragon" Zero, without thinking about his own destruction, tried to take, at the very least, one of them along with him as his last breath's struggle. He predicted that if one corner of the tetrahedron was destroyed, the power trapped inside『Absolute Barrier』would swallow everyone in this place. Zero's instinct couldn't understand it, but if he succeeded, it would deal a massive amount of damage to the main body of Ramiris' labyrinth. As his malevolent instinct demanded, Zero mustered the last bit of his power to stretch out his tentacle. That tentacle went towards Dino's group."

Rimuru shows up and is fine inside said blackhole:

"That was a close call. If Ciel was just a little bit late in creating a new ability, we would have lost Gaia. If that happened, I can't even imagine how angry Milim would be... I get the shivers just by thinking about it. Not to mention, Dino tried to jump in to help them; there's a better place for such recklessness. Even if there were 2 people of awakened demon lord class, I wasn't sure they can reach the speed of light. It was a black hole. Not even light could escape, so even if they reached 99% the speed of light, it would still be meaningless. They might be able to escape if they haven't reached the core yet, but it will be a very risky gamble. It isn't something you can do it somehow just with willpower. So, how could I do it? Naturally, I wouldn't do something like moving beyond the speed of light. And yet, there was a simple reason why I could say that I ended up fine. If you can stop time, you don't have to think about speed. That's the freedom to move beyond the speed of light. But, I didn't need to do that this time. Because I can neutralize it to a certain degree with『Nihility Barrier[9]』of my『Nihility Collapse』. Things that come into contact with the barrier are assimilated and converted into nihility energy. That's the characteristic of『Nihility Barrier』. Instead of escaping, endure it till the end. This may be the only way."

Rimuru survived thanks to his new ability, but regardless with True Dragons being like Zero being able to tank that power which was the greatest the universes has seen since the beginning of the universe, and Milim creating a suprnova, I think enough evidence exists to upgrade Milim, The True Dragons, Rimuru etc to High 4-C.

Speed
Now above when it said Rimuru and co couldn't escape the blackhole, that was clearly contradictory as there are multiple FTL feats, see this thread to see them. However one thing that has been i forgotten is thought acceleration:

"A bunch of things seemed to have disappeared, but since I am in the middle of receiving the skills that my allies acquired, I should be able to use many more. I had thought that only the name changed for many of these, but I was clearly wrong. Thought Acceleration, for example, has now increased to 1,000,000 times as fast. I can't explain it in words very well… when I used it, time seemed to stop."

This skill basically increases Rimuru's and his subordinates thought processing speed a million times, in short MFTL+ reaction speed for Rimuru and his subordinates who have the same skill.

P sure the same thought acceleration that rimuru used when he shat his pant after seeing hinata melt slash was a 10 mil multiplier. This might be that kinda minmax ability with 1 mil the lowest and 10 mil the highest

1 mill was the one he got just after becoming a demon lord, 10 mill comes later but forget when it was stated regardless would still be mftl+ reaction speed.

I suppose that High 4-C seems to make sense.

I agree with High 4-C, does Thought Acceleration only go for Rim or do others possess this skill?.

Rimuru's subordinates gain their skills from rimuru, so yea a number if not all of them have it.

Now just need to wait for a little more input before applying the upgrades, but doubtful there will be more.

Ok, since there is good support here i will apply the changes.

Will leave this open if anyone decides to disagree, but i think this is pretty straightforward.

Who knows, even if he was, he is going to get upgraded soon to Low 2-C or higher anyway.

But probably will just be another key that he gets.

Might as well do something to rimuru's speed. His speed should be somewhere high up there in c

You got shit like hinata's melt slash which was her best attack and to rimuru who had accelerate his perception by 10 mil it still moves at somewhat significant speed. He can't rly block it, dodge it, and trying to shift his conciousness into other body mean he'd risk getting ****** by it. If the slime took too long to think then he'd still die regardless

ÒÇîYou let your guard down, it's my win! Melt Slash!!ÒÇì
The speed of her swings again accelerated becoming light itself. That sword, wrapped in various types of magic, Ôë¬Announcement. Impossible to block. Impossible to evade!!Ôë½ (Damn! That can actually kill me?!) First time I heard Raphael's worried voice. And, accelerating my thoughts to 10 million times the norm, I could only slowly watch as the sword approached me. At that angle, with such timing. I cannot evade, barriers are useless, but I guess I can try to move my consciousness into a clone.

But, since that attack fires off a light that erases everything. If I use the skill a moment too late, I'll be burned to death.
And we got chloe reacting to and even stabbing hinata who at that point had hatch (or at least cracked) her hero egg and ascend to a status of hero, which mean her melt slash should be even stronger and faster

The Hero's sword skill is higher than her. Magic also doesn't work.
Still, Hinata doesn't give up. She handles it gently. And she waits for a chance. Her budded "Hero's egg" and her own talents, make her spirit strong. Above all else, because she has people whom she should protect and there is a place she must return to. Little by little, Hinata's sword speed rises. Her concentration increases, and a crack appear on the eggshell........ Hinata runs up to the height of the existence called Hero.

ÒÇîI will not lose! Even if my opponent is the invincible Hero. I will defeat you and I will advance beyond you! Take this, Melt Slash!!ÒÇì(Hinata)

Hinata challenged the Hero to a match with the fastest, strongest technique she has. There are no petty tricks. The exaltation makes the throbbing heartbeats not felt until now. And, while she is exchanging blows with the Hero's sword, she realizes the increase in her sword's force.

That single blow was the strongest blow with all Hinata's strength as she broke her eggshell.
Convinced of victory, hopeless reality assailed Hinata.
The Special Move that Hinata released overlapped with the Hero's. The technique was completely on the same rank as Hinata's, but the speed and power exceeded that of Hinata's. Melt Slash. The Hero countered Hinata's technique by using the same the technique as Hinata. And though the execution was after Hinata's, it caught up with Hinata's sword speed and with power it broke Hinata's sword. The remaining energy of the aftershocks even cut the dimension. The technique activated with the Hero's Unique Skill『Absolute Severance[6]』, surpassed Hinata's strength and skill in all aspects.

And, Hinata's heart was pierced without hesitation with the single strike of the returned katana.
Rimuru after he ate veldora's body and became a psuedo dragon is as strong or even stronger than chloe and on the recent chapter hes the guy who was expected by milim and practically everyone else at heaven to take down the bad guy, which would logically include chloe after getting the seraphim energy leftover from lucia which mean she's stronger and faster than herself that did the above feat against brief-hero-then-offed hinata. Hell, at that point the protag and the antag are p much the only 2 top dogs at the food chain (until gender fluid redhead demon evolve his skill and heavily implied to be fighting rimuru occasionally from time to time)

That would probably just warrant an at least rating, we never really jump speed tiers simply for being faster than someone.

But yea current rimuru is way faster than chloe.

FTL is from 1-10x the speed of light anyway, even with the speed boost he could still fit in it if we considered chloe to be baseline FTL.

There's no way some chick who can move faster than a slash that to someone with relativistic - ftl speed (depends on how you rate shion dodging a lightspeed beam from a close range while heavily gimped and her mobility restricted. Which can be scaled to rimuru) boosting his perception by 10 mil but still moving at somewhat significant enough speed to be just "baseline" ftl. Not to mention the slash in question was even faster and stronger when she did that to chloe who in turn counter it rather casually. If anything, the speed rating being just ftl is a severe lowball in this case. And melt slash only being ftl would also be a lowball considering how rimuru perceive it as well

His perception is just reaction speed, his combat speed is ftl, he can't fight at mftl+ speeds, he just reacts that fast cause he sees things slowly due to his accelerated thought processes.

There are different types of speed, tensei flight speed is pretty crap considering they can only fly at hypersonic speeds, but they can however fight at ftl speeds.

Pre-demon lord shion reacted to a ls attack but only scales to reaction speed, she can't fight that fast, same thing here.

Back before psuedo dragon evolution. Now hes as fast (from walpurgis before the war) or even faster (fight in heaven) than chloe who even before the whole merged with hinata thing and hijacked but get leftover from lucia bit can already effectively move and do combat at that speed

This isn't hard to grasp

I already said he is faster, but i told you we don't just jump speed tiers cause a person is faster, this leads to inflated results, he is faster but how much is a guess, which is why At least FTL is the best rating.

Cool, new contenders for High 4-C

But just a small Question (which seem pretty dumb): are you sure these declaration are not just flowery language or """"Outlier"""""?

If this was only gravity collapse then it'd be the case since there's nothing that suggest that it can produce supernova, and even then its own description was only "mini-supernorva" instead of just supernova. But here the novel went a long way to tell you that this trick milim pulled off was an ultimate and complete form of it that requires some specific source of energy to actually be done. Never mind that milim also busted through some robust ass barrier that several tens chapter before this was explicitly stated to won't be affected by an attack that can bust a star.

Granted, said barrier was altered in some sort of ways but there was nothing that suggest that it got weaker, just that it has lose its "impartiality" and therefore it's absoluteness

If i remember correctly, the Dragon Nova that Milim used on Velda with a "supernova" level energy was her without using the [Wrathful King Satan] ultimate skill, without which, Milim only has around 10% magic reserve of a True dragon.

And after activating [Wrathful King Satan], her energy is said to surpass the True dragons iirc. So shouldn't the massive rise of her energy reading be a big multiplier to her DC ???

Means she is 10x above baseline, she doesn't jump a tier, she isn't 500x stronger.

Anyway closing this, these changes have long been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back