• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tenchi Muyo CRT part 1: No need for Unknown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
Tenchi Muyo profiles are bad, since a long time. I'm here to make them good (or at least a bit better).

I'll first do everything but LHWs and tier 1 stuff so Z, Tsunami, Ryoko future self Chousins, "Kami" Tenchi, etc... aren't concerned.

Note that I'll link the dub more than one time, since it's easier to link and actually a very accurate one.

Continuity blog​

Before going through anything, it's better to know what qualify for this revision.

Our current profile follows the "canon" of Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki, so we'll use this one.

Here's a blog which I think should be on the verse page so that the different canons can be differenciated on the wiki.

Since we use Ryo-Ohki continuity, every mention of others ones should be removed from characters description.

The tiering/AP​

Why current one is wrong​

Now first thing first: The current ratings are either unknown or scaling to Fuku.

Not only the 5-B rating has no reasonning, but the 3-B one is vague af. Not sure which part of the series it comes from, but "small universe" can mean anything, especially when subspaces exist in the verse.

Also Ryo-Ohki, another cabbit (in her "normal" form) was litteraly overpowered by a baby.

As such, new ratings should be made; and hopefully we have everything we need to do so.

New one​

The lowest of the low for the rating would be Tenchi by himself. In episode 1 he punched a classmate so hard it damaged the locker behind him too. I guess it would count for Athlete or Street level. Tbh not much people scales to him anyway so that's not a problem.

Others feats are in this blog:

Second one is Ryoko when she only has her replica gem (which is basically her base without the gems), who tanked the explosion of Tenchi's classroom. The Small Building level rating is coherent with how she casually punch holes into the ceilling, destroy wooden stairs, tank being thrown into walls, etc...

It should also have a "possibly Large Building level" based on the 35th info of the 101 Tenchi Secrets guidebook. "Her fight with Tenchi in ep.1 was a mere child's play for her. She could have eliminated Tenchi along with the entire school if she wanted."

The fake gem is weaker than the true ones, which is why it gives her a different rating.

With true gems; Ryoko did the second feat which is the explosion in her fight with Yosho. She only had one during this, which is the number she has for most of the series, meaning most characters scale to her.

The only one with a scaling which isn't 100% obvious would be Tenchi with the Jurai attire and the Tenchi-ken, since he would at least scale to fake gems Ryoko but got stomped by Kagato (although he scratched him a little and his grandfather was able to use the Tenchi-ken to fight with Kagato just fine; but with waaaay higher mastery and the fact that he's above Tenchi in every way at this point of the series).

Speed​

Both Ryoko and Sasami have FTE feats.

Ryoko in Episode 1 when she cut the metal bar Tenchi was holding.

And Sasami in OVA 3 in her fight with Mashisu.

Since everyone (everyone we have a profile for at least) scales to them, everyone should be Subsonic in speed.

The only one with another speed rating would be Ryo Ohki in her ship form, who should be MFTL+ by scaling to others ships (which can travel galactic distances in a short time).

Hax and coe​

God, here's the big thing.

Ryoko​

Remove Invulnerability

Intangibility should specify to be Phasing

Her keys are currently "On her own without Washu's gems | Together with Ryo-Ohki | At full potential with 10 Light Hawk Wings"

I think Ryo Ohki should not be a key, being her own separated character and not necessary being stuck to Ryoko. The others should also have a better rename.

I think we should have 4 keys: Base | With one gem | Zero Ryoko| Untapped/Full potential.

First one would be when she only has her fake gem and can't do a lot of things which is ep 1 Ryoko

Second one would be when she has at least one gem, with precisions of how many gems she need for some abilities

Third one is her fusing with Zero in OVA 2, giving her its abilities.

Last one is the same as before.

"Base" Ryoko​

Regeneration (High-Low): Regenerated her cut hand without any problem.

Tolerance to Pain: Besides not suffering from losing a hand (as shown in the previous link); she found Jurai's guards attacks funny and was called a ********* by Ayeka (feeling no pain from being electrocuted)

Self-Sustenance (Type 1): She can breath underwater just fine.

Fusionism/Earth Manipulation: She fused with a rock pillar to attack Kagato.

Duplication: In ep 7 she split herself in two and played a little scene , which is confirmed to be just one of the powers she naturally has by the 101 Tenchi Secrets book.

Limited Life Manipulation: 81 answer of the 101 Tenchi Secrets book "Tenchi found Chibi on the first day of his summer holiday (ie, before ep.1 starts), lying near the steps and nearly dead. He took care of it, which recovered by the time ep.1 started. But it was Ryoko in her astral body who really saved Chibi. She felt so sorry for Tenchi that she used her energy to keep it alive."

Energy Absorption: Answer 36 of the book

"36. How could the dried Ryoko revive? >Answer: By absorbing the energy from outside. More details ... You may think that it is not surprising she had become as dry as a mummy after 700 years of confinement. But it is not that simple. In her true form, she could survive the confinement for 700 or even 2000 years without drying up. But she did not have a single jewel. Within the seal, she was deprived of the contact with outside and had to use her own energy to create a replica of the jewel. If she hadn't done this, she could have remained as a cute girl (^_^). Tenchi broke the seal, allowing her to get energy from outside to recover. "I was trying to make the replica at the cost of my body. And once it's done, I could have broken the seal and gone to see Tenchi to surprise him..." Tenchi's act of breaking the seal rendered all her effort and hope worthless. "

With One gems​

Limited Resistance to Power Nullification: Washu's gems can't be copied. It's a pretty repeated fact so idk what to exactly put here.

Zero Ryoko​

All abilities comes from Zero's own

Power Mimicry: Zero copied Ryoko to the point of including her feelings

Information Analysis: Stated to be able to make logical computation out of anyone as long as it is in the databank

Tenchi​

His age should be "15 in Ryo-Ohki, 18 in GXP"

Remove Invulnerability and Regeneration, he never has shown any of them.

Expert Swordmanship should be under Weapon Mastery.

I think he should have new keys like Ryoko: Base (Tenchi with nothing) | OVA 1 / with Tenchi-ken and Jurai attire | Awakened Power/Light Hawk Wings

(He should also have a key for his new timeline self with 6 LHWs and one for his Ascended Self, but those are for the next CRT).

What he scales to is already explained beyond.

By himself​

He should just have Martial Arts and Weapon Mastery, which already is kind of neat.

Jurai attire and Tenchi ken/Master Key​

Forcefield Creation: The Master Key protected Tenchi when Ryoko attacked him. Yosho also was shown to be able to summon forcefield at will when using it.

He should have the Jurai ring in his standard equipment, which allows him to wear the attire/armor as shown in episode 7.

Washu​

She could be renamed "Washu Hakubi" just like Ryoko.

Remove the Shin Tenchi Muyo feat; since it's another continuity.

If nobody knows where the audio drama one comes from, then it should also be removed.

Telekinesis + some form of Power Nullification (?): Destroyed snakes with her TK and cancelled Ryoko's petrification. Note that she did this while in another dimension.

Non-Physical Interaction: Could brought Ryoko's astral body and interract with it.

Portail Creation: She does some here.

Breaking the Fourth Wall: She warned Tenchi's father about not narrating things himself.

Mind Manipulation: War on Geminar ep 4. She's revealed to have hypnotized Kenshi so that he would never reveal the extended Masaki family's origins to any normal Earthlings.

Flight: It's one of the very first thing in her True Tenchi Novel. She can fly like Ryoko but rarely do it.

Intelligence: Her intelligence section is so barebone it's not even funny.

Here's a possible description based on her inventions, statements and the 79 answer of 101 Tenchi Secrets

"Constantly stated to be the greatest mind in the entire universe, which is too high to be measured by IQ. Created beings who would be able to handle 10 Light Hawk Wings, something even the Jurai Empire can't do. Also created various species including shapeshifting ships (in the form of the cabbit race) and studied most of the existing ones. Far above the likes of Dr. Clay or regular scientist, who can prevent a soul to fuse with a body, create robots able to analyze anything based on the universal databank, FTL ships or various kind of subspaces.

Ryo-Ohki​

She should have better keys too; here's my proposal:

Cabbit form | Humanoid Form | Ship form | Whateverthelastoneisnamed

Invulnerability and Regeneration should again be removed. Same for Telepathy, Elemental manipulation, Cosmic Senses and Technopathy.

Cabbit form​

She should have the same type of Intangibility Ryoko has, being able to phase through walls too.

Resurrection: Ryo-Ohki can resurrect by making an egg of itself

Limited Duplication and Fusionism: If Ryo Ohki dies by being cut, it'll give a number of Ryo Ohki equal to the number of parts it was cut into. Just shaking them will make them fuse again.

Telekinesis: Can lift objects and others with telekinesis.

Absorption: Assimilated the masses monsters , which is also how she got her humanoid form.

Energy Manipulation/Projection: This info from the 61 answer of the 101 Tenchi Secrets book "Ryo-oh-ki has a jewel-like thing on her forehead [...] It is also where Ryo-oh-ki stores the energy received from the jewel. This is why Ryoko had to get a jewel back form Tenchi in ep.2 to summon Ryo-oh-ki. Ryo-oh-ki can also emit a beam from it when she fights in her animal mode."

Some form of Statistics Amplification or Accelerated Development (?): Each time Ryo-Ohki resurrect, it becomes stronger "the first generation Ryo-oh-ki died partly because her life span was about to end. She had a good fight with Yosho and felt the limit of her power. So she decided re-create herself. Ryo-oh-ki can evolve like Ryoko and, therefore, the second generation has more power than the first generation." - 66 answer of 101 Tenchi Secrets book

Humanoid form​

Regeneration (Low-Mid) and limited Matter Manipulation: Masses attacks by launching parts of themselves at high speeds through matter/anti-matter shenanigans, and they can regrow lost parts including limbs. Ryo-Ohki absorbed them so she should be able to do the same.

Ship form​

Gravity Manipulation: The episode it's from is kinda vague about it, so I'll put the 101 Tenchi Secrets statement about it: ". "The mass of Ryo-oh-ki is abnormally increasing!" (ep.2, Kamidake). As this line suggests, Ryo-oh-ki increased its mass to crush Ryu-oh completely. Ryu-oh, however, could have survived this attack, too, if Tenchi's master key had not restricted Ryu-oh's power. Anyway, after the crash, Ryo-oh-ki teleported to the lake together with Ryu-oh to keep the excess energy of 'abnormal mass' from causing more damage. Well, if Ryu-oh had not absorbed the shock, both ship would have been completely destroyed to end the Tenchi series earlier than planned (^_^)."

Profile deletion​

There's two profiles which imo would be better to just delete and rebuild at a later date (or never): Fuku and Zinv. GXP is very long to read (and hard because of the lack of official translations) and Fuku sure isn't the first character which comes to mind regarding the main characters to feature (although her profile may come back when GXP profiles will be a thing; and Zinv is in so many media it would be hard to collect his feats for now.

Conclusion​

To resume, here's all the changes:

-Most profiles gets new keys

-Low tiers is just Tenchi, mid tiers at least scale to Ryoko without Washu's gems or to her feat with Yosho

-Lots of powers for everyone

-Addition of a continuity blog

-Speed is subsonic for everyone but ship form Ryo-Ohki

-Fuku and Zinv get yeeted

All of this seems fine to apply to me.

Thank you very much for all of your help.

This looks largely fine, except for a small issue I have

Remove the Shin Tenchi Muyo feat; since it's another continuity.

However, according to your blog, True Tenchi Muyo is part of the continuity these profiles are based on, so I don't see the need to remove it.

This looks largely fine, except for a small issue I have

However, according to your blog, True Tenchi Muyo is part of the continuity these profiles are based on, so I don't see the need to remove it.
I said this because Shin Tenchi Muyo is also the other name of Tenchi in Tokyo. But it should just be changed to True Tenchi yeah.

Ah, I see. Two completely unrelated series having the same Japanese name will be heavily confusing, so sticking to the English name to avoid any sort of confusion would be best. If the Shin Tenchi Muyo in this case refers to "in Tokyo" instead of True, then yeah, it should be removed.

I have the True Tenchi novel so I can guarantee it's in this one. Also Idk why it says it is a visual novel; should be changed to LN.

I think that we can probably apply this now.

Well, if that's enough agreement then I'll start in the day.

Could anyone take care of renaming Washu into Washu Hakubi and of deleting Zinv + Fuku profiles?

Couldn't Zinv remain? It had 4 LHWs, so it is easily tierable.

Couldn't Zinv remain? It had 4 LHWs, so it is easily tierable.
Didn't we already discussed this? Problem is that it would just be basic LHWs infos without more because collecting his feats is pretty hard; being across several works.

Well, you could just check its profile page in the Tenchi Muyo wiki if you wish, but it is up to you.

I'll see what I can do for Zinv.

Btw, could anyone unlock Tenchi Masaki and Washu Hakubi's profiles?

Everything's done except Fuku's deletion (I already removed her from the verse page, so the profile just needs to be deleted).

Since locking/unlocking the profiles would be a pain, I already posted the next CRT here.

Okay. Thank you. I will delete Fuku and close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back