• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Temporary Match Ban for 682

Seems fine to me

Yeah, that seems right; the entire page is being redone, so even if we continue to make matches, they're simply going to be removed later, so banning it might be a good idea. How long until the new page is done tho?

I guess it might take a while then. Anyway, making matches with a page that is being entirely redone is pointless, sine they'll be removed later anyway, so a temporary ban sounds fine.

If this thing is getting a huge overhaul, I see no problem with delaying any 682 matches for the time being.

WeeklyBattles said:
As SCP-682 is currently undergoing a massive overhaul along with most of the verse's cosmology, i'm putting in a request that it be banned from being used in any and all versus matches for the time being. Once its profile is redone this ban can be lifted.
Wait so his profile getting a redone

A ban on 1440 may also be necessary for the time being. Though not to the extent of 682, 1440 is missing a ton of information and needs a serious overhaul.

WeeklyBattles said:
A ban on 1440 may also be necessary for the time being. Though not to the extent of 682, 1440 is missing a ton of information and needs a serious overhaul.
Again, that's just fine with me.

SCP-2935, everybody.

It basically removes the immortality factor of SCP-682 outright, at least in regards to its own variants of Earth.

2935 is nonsensical implied death manip.

It kills omnipresents across 196,884 dimensions, but only kills them in a single timeline.

It makes more sense for it to just create a new universe where all life ended at a certain time, but one vague single sentence from WoG and another SCP that lists it among other death-related SCPs (including ones that don't actually kill people) has people bending logic to call it "just extremely good death manip and anti precog and power null and anti-knowledge".

And yes I am going to rant like this every single time someone says 2935 killed 682 and the scarlet king.

I'd think that if one interpretation needs a dozen illogical or unfounded assumptions to make it true, and another requires one reasonable assumption, you should probably go for the simpler one.

That'd be the case had 2935 not been shown to spread to the original universe and kill everything inside it later on. And it'd also be even more unfounded than the first one, to begin with.

When was it shown to spread to the original universe? I thought that was inferred.

Wasn't it just that after you entered it you'd find a universe with no life, and you wouldn't be able to return to your original universe, instead returning to one where everything stopped living the moment you left?

Firstly, it's kind of obvious how some field agent without the tools to properly study the multiverse could misinterpret it as the anomaly following him.

But secondly, that doesn't make sense as "following", the universe you return to ceased being alive at the moment you left it, not the moment you returned. If it was actually following, life would have stopped when the agent returned, not before.

Or maybe I'm misremembering and life seemed to have been dead from when he returned. Please correct me, it's been a while.

No.

Keller: "I don't have any answers. I don't think there are any. I don't even have the right words to say. This world is different from the one I saw in the cave. People are moved around, the date is different, things are different… because it's my world! This is the one I left! This is— my family is here, and my friends, but now…"

The date is different, the date is precisely the day he entered the cave, not the day he returned through it.

It seems like the one he left because it's an identical copy.

It couldn't have "followed him back" because the date of the deaths isn't the day he returned, but the day he left.

> The date is different, the date is precisely the day he entered the cave, not the day he returned through it.

Which doesn't mean much other than the fact that time isn't the same for both universes across the cave.

> It seems like the one he left because it's an identical copy.

This is headcanon. The character explicitly states it's his world, and that it followed him back to it.

>Which doesn't mean much other than the fact that time isn't the same for both universes across the cave.

It means something extremely important. And I'll repeat it again.

If 2935 did kill everything, it did not follow him to kill it, because the universe he came from was already dead as soon as he entered.

>The character explicitly states it's his world, and that it followed him back to it.

And this character is a field agent with no means of studying the universes to tell if it's his world or a copy. We disregard statements from characters that have no way of knowing what they're claiming. Isn't that why you, and others, disagreed with the statement from 2722's log about there possibly being infinitely many dimensions which they couldn't confirm?

Except it did follow him, considering he could still communicate with his superiors in the other universe via his equipment. If it hadn't followed him the original universe would still be within his reach. It was not.

Also, there were 4 different timelines and Kellers involved in the story.

Ahh you're right about that, I forgot about the backwards communication.

Back