• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tekken General Discussion Thread

Damn Devil Jin and Feng Wei endings are really going to massively upgrade the verse.

Devil Jin feat is over 300 petatons, Multi Continental, Feng Wei is Large Mountain to Large Island for dispersing the hurricane

Regardless, i said it before and will again, these feats are very much welcomed, but Tekken had such levels of power without Tekken 8 being existent yet

The Jack's power progression and Tekken Force statements, gets up to low tier 6 levels from Jack 4 till Jack 6 in the mid tier 6 levels

Along feats from Jinpachi T5 DR being casual low to mid tier 6 feat and Jack 6 lore implications and tag 2 feat (which unlike the massive site lowball) is another mid tier 6 feat

Then Jinpachi High 6-A statements and Azazel 5-B statements, all that existed even before Tekken 7, what Tekken 8 did was put an end to the denial of these levels of power

What guest characters do you guys wish for?

I personally want Baki characters
Well originally I wanted Ragna from BlazBlue but realised he fits better in SoulCalibur.

So now its either:
Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden
Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear
2B from Nier: Automata
Itachi Uchiha from Naruto (As a reference on how Lars appeared in a Naruto game)

Well originally I wanted Ragna from BlazBlue but realised he fits better in SoulCalibur.

So now its either:
Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden
Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear
2B from Nier: Automata
Itachi Uchiha from Naruto (As a reference on how Lars appeared in a Naruto game)
I also wouldn't mind Ryu and Terry Bogard. And Kasumk from DOA

My guest choices

1) Kengan Ashura character (prefferably Tokita Ohma) same anime studio of this and Tekken anime, former 2nd part of S2 isnt out yet, good promo chance

2) Kenshiro, requested for T7 before, Fotns had a collab with Tekken for moba game once

Other choices i would be ok with are Yujiro/Baki, Tifa and Solid Snake i guess

Devil Jin feat is over 300 petatons, Multi Continental, Feng Wei is Large Mountain to Large Island for dispersing the hurricane

Regardless, i said it before and will again, these feats are very much welcomed, but Tekken had such levels of power without Tekken 8 being existent yet

The Jack's power progression and Tekken Force statements, gets up to low tier 6 levels from Jack 4 till Jack 6 in the mid tier 6 levels

Along feats from Jinpachi T5 DR being casual low to mid tier 6 feat and Jack 6 lore implications and tag 2 feat (which unlike the massive site lowball) is another mid tier 6 feat

Then Jinpachi High 6-A statements and Azazel 5-B statements, all that existed even before Tekken 7, what Tekken 8 did was put an end to the denial of these levels of power
Man Tekken 8 is the most anime Tekken has ever been. Surely enough u also get the big feats now

Where does the 100x come from?
There is no x100 multiplier existing for Tekken, i assume its just theoretical thing

However...there is a x200 multiplier existing, but its applicable only for Jack 5 to clarify superiority between Jack 4 and 5, unless you want to give it to Devil Jin cuz he solos a massive unit of Jack's, but thats entering Dragon Ball multipliers chain, so yeah

Where does the 100x come from?
Devil is a 10x multiplier. If we manage to stack it twice in the scaling chain, we will get a 100x multiplier on the feat. Problem is the difference between the characters is unquantifiable in certain cases.

Its too much of a stretch to assume the Devil form in T8 is x10 the T7 Devil form, especially when the fights against Jin forms dont even suggest such a large gap in power between his either

Hmm yah seems like it. I think the easiest way is to scale through Azazel's 5-B statements. I will read the contra points in the previous CRT.

Edit: Can't find the 6-A downgrade thread. What was the issue with the Azazel statements?

Hmm yah seems like it. I think the easiest way is to scale through Azazel's 5-B statements. I will read the contra points in the previous CRT.

Edit: Can't find the 6-A downgrade thread. What was the issue with the Azazel statements?
Check Continuum "massive downgrades" CRT last 2-3 pages

Issues were literally pre 2019 debater mindset, "its done overtime, not one shot", "nothing implies its literal", "no feats of such caliber", same kind of arguments people used to say Goku isnt 3-A back then

Well I mean pre 2019 mindset would actually make the statements more believable since these days more people are more skeptical about destroying the world statements then back then.

Not that it matters anymore since funny Devil Jin ending goes brrr. So what would the scaling look like, base Kazuya and Jin (Any anyone near their level) would downscale to a tenth of Devil Jins feat, then True Devil Kazuya and True Evil (Angel?) Jin are just way above it albeit to an unquantifiable level?

Issues were literally pre 2019 debater mindset, "its done overtime, not one shot", "nothing implies its literal", "no feats of such caliber", same kind of arguments people used to say Goku isnt 3-A back then
So here are multiple issues. This has to be reverted.

1) If someone claims something is done over time, it's fine. But this means the feat is continental as a low ball.
For example in Dragonball manga Goku was upgraded to 3-B instead of 3-A because he was only destroying the universe over time. So Azazel feat should have been 6-A/ 6-B as a low ball
But the feat was removed altogether and replaced with the Jack feat multiplied by 10.

2) He didn't have the votes to pull this off either. The poll was about the Jack meteor feat and the diameter that was used.

Last edited:
Base Kazuya, Base Jin, Base Heihachi, Base Akuma, Lars, Reina, Base Azazel, Angel (Tekken 2 and Tag 1) = 5-B

Devil Jin, Devil Kazuya, Golden Azazel, "Awakened" Reina = At least 5-B

True Devil Kazuya, True Devil Jin, Ascended Heihachi, Shin Akuma, Angel (Tag 2) = At least 5-B (x10 multiplier starts here)

"Awakened" Devil Jin, True Devil Kazuya (Tekken 8), Angel Jin = At least 5-B (above to a degree from x10 characters)

What are you refering to with Awakened Reina? True Devil Reina or when she fought Kazuya?

I am overall fine but I would add a key to Claudio when using that huge arrow technique. Something like 6-C regularly, 5-B with that huge arrow.

What are you refering to with Awakened Reina? True Devil Reina or when she fought Kazuya?
I didnt wanna spoil for some people who follow this thread, cuz some still avoid spoilers of some scenes whom i talled off site, since we are here anyway talking with no hiding though, Devil Reina was "Awakened" Reina in this case, it was an alternate naming i came up with
I am overall fine but I would add a key to Claudio when using that huge arrow technique. Something like 6-C regularly, 5-B with that huge arrow.
Claudio would be a high tier in Tekken based on his accomplishments in 7 and 8, along pachinko cutscenes, Victor calls his huge arrow a name in story so its gonna be "[High tier rating], 5-B with [insert story mode naming of it]"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top tiers and god tiers its set in stone their rating as above, on the matter of high tiers imma explain from my research

High tiers of Tekken are characters as strong as a casual Mishima at best or close to them, to list some characters belonging here beforehand:

-Claudio, Young Heihachi, Feng, Paul both keys (prime obviously scales above modern by a margin), Bryan, Raven and his master, Victor, Steve, Hwoarang, King (only 2nd, 1st died to Ogre), Armor King, Marduk, the bears, Ganryu, Ogre both forms, Yoshimitsu, Kunimitsu (both, daughter above the mother, simply cuz latter beat M. Raven and Yoshimitsu), Jack 7 and 8, Julia and Michelle, Leo, Miguel, Asuka and Lili (Tekken 8 just buffed them big time, at this point it is what it is), Azucena, Lee, Leroy, Fahkumram, Lidia, Gigas, Katarina, Tekken 8 Xiaoyu (Leroy and Jin both state she is stronger or better then before, plus her own fights in story back her up)

I probably am missing more but the gist is, any character who can hold their own to a Mishima or stand up to their base form to a degree is a high tier, some characters who didnt fight a Mishima simply are even to those who did, like Steve or Bryan whom are even to the likes of Hwoarang and Paul respectively

Anyway high tiers would be High 6-A, Final Jinpachi has statements he destroys the world, which Tekken 5 in context suggest life/humanity/mankind wiper

The tekken lore recap has Jin claim how Jinpachi (demon and in turn human too, cuz no big gap between them suggested) is no match for him, Heihachi in his Tekken 5 arcade run says the same "devil blood or not, you are no match for me", Kazuya also one shots Jinpachi in his Tekken 5 ending

Furthermore Jinpachi in his tag 2 ending takes on Young Heihachi, which for the most part smiles in his face and is unfazed by his attempt, till the very end at least, as its Jinpachi ending

Also in Scenario Campaign, Lars points out base Azazel was pretty tough for him, Jinpachi whether human or demon is a mid tier in the verse based on the comments top tiers have about him and proven in regards to power if they just go for the kill, similar to how Alisa claims herself she is no match for Lars and dies against him

Plus Paul and Law perform the pachinko cutscenes a meteor which ranges based on pixel scaling the shot around high end High 6-A to Low 5-B, if that were to be counted as such

TL;DR high tiers downscale from a top tiers, basically the Mishimas mostly, also scale to Jinpachi High 6-A statements

Oh yeah I'm aware of those, but we tend to treat statements like that as surface wiping instead of planet busting without more details
Only Jinpachi applies as High 6-A cuz his statements of world destruction are pointed out humanity/mankind is in danger and only if the player loses and the continue countdown reaches 0, Jinpachi goes his final form as the game over ending plays

Azazel on the other besides the fact Lars points out he was pretty tough to fight and in base form he has that power, his world destruction statements say planet/Earth is in danger, both in Tekken 6 and Tekken 7 and iirc pachinko cutscenes again mention Earth/planet for world destruction and the two final bosses get a clear cut gap in power stated between them by top tiers themselves

Strongest forms of all characters, no duplicates

1.) True Devil Kazuya Azazel Absorbed (Way above the entire roster, fought Angel Jin to a draw)
2.) Angel Jin (self explanatory)
3.) Claudio with Prep Time (Could temporarily restrain TD Kazuya and break through his crystal formations. Weakened him with a glanced shot from the spear of kephalos and maybe could’ve killed him?)
4.) Full Power Heihachi (Fought and narrowly managed to knock Kaz out of his T7 True Devil form)
5.) Devil Reina (largely unknown but was somewhat able hold her own against TD Kaz before her awakening and should presumably be much stronger now)
6.) Shin Akuma (Held his own vs a weakened T7 TDK for an extended period before presumably dying by unknown means. Base Akuma fought even with Devil Kazuya and beat base Hei)
7.) Lars (Held his own against TD Kaz to the point where he got Heihachi flashbacks but was gonna die if he wasn’t saved)
8.) Azazel (Battle with Devil Jin left him weak enough to fall into a coma but gets bodied by Devil Kaz)
9.) Jinpachi (Put up a fight to Devil Jin but took the L)
10.) Hwoarang (Pushed Jin to the point of awakening some of his Devil gene power again and beat a weakened Devil Jin in T7)

Strongest forms of all characters, no duplicates

1.) True Devil Kazuya Azazel Absorbed (Way above the entire roster, fought Angel Jin to a draw)
2.) Angel Jin (self explanatory)
3.) Claudio with Prep Time (Could temporarily restrain TD Kazuya and break through his crystal formations. Weakened him with a glanced shot from the spear of kephalos and maybe could’ve killed him?)
4.) Full Power Heihachi (Fought and narrowly managed to knock Kaz out of his T7 True Devil form)
5.) Devil Reina (largely unknown but was somewhat able hold her own against TD Kaz before her awakening and should presumably be much stronger now)
6.) Shin Akuma (Held his own vs a weakened T7 TDK for an extended period before presumably dying by unknown means. Base Akuma fought even with Devil Kazuya and beat base Hei)
7.) Lars (Held his own against TD Kaz to the point where he got Heihachi flashbacks but was gonna die if he wasn’t saved)
8.) Azazel (Battle with Devil Jin left him weak enough to fall into a coma but gets bodied by Devil Kaz)
9.) Jinpachi (Put up a fight to Devil Jin but took the L)
10.) Hwoarang (Pushed Jin to the point of awakening some of his Devil gene power again and beat a weakened Devil Jin in T7)
Wouldn't regular Reina be above Hwoarang at least for fighting with TDK, while Hwoarang was tossed away effortlessly? And one can make an argument of her being even higher.

Also, Tekken 8 is awesome.

Devil Reina is featless trying to rank her is a waste of time. The top 10 would be something like this:
1-Kazuya with Azazel power
2- Jin with Angel power
3-Azazel
(big gap)
4-Heihachi at his peak
5-Akuma
6-Lars
7-Reina
8-Howarng
9-Leroy
10-Jack 8 maybe?

This is the top 10 after Tekken 8 story

1)True Devil Kazuya (8)/Angel Jin
2)Awakened Devil Jin
3)True Devil Kazuya/True Devil Jin/Shin Akuma/Ascended Heihachi
4)Devil Kazuya/Devil Jin (Devil Kazuya stomped Azazel in all phases with ease, former was unfazed all time)
5)Golden Azazel (it required Jin with devil amp to one shot him)
6)Kazuya/Jin/Lars/Reina/Heihachi/Azazel/Akuma (Lars and Reina fights with TDK (8) is impressive, but lets be real we cant scale either close to the top 3, especially given that they get in general matched by lesser characters then the previously mentioned one, Lars states Azazel was tough to him as is)
7)Claudio (only via that spear and only that)
8)Insert any high tier here, Hwoarang would be among the strongest
9)Jack 8 (Alisa was overwhelmed by him, it needed Lili and Asuka together to put him down)
10)Insert any mid tier here, Alisa would be among the strongest

Im not gonna separate rankings as only one or two being placed to a rank, cuz for the most part, they are roughly evenly matched in these and its redundant

This is the top 10 after Tekken 8 story

1)True Devil Kazuya (8)/Angel Jin
2)Awakened Devil Jin
3)True Devil Kazuya/True Devil Jin/Shin Akuma/Ascended Heihachi
4)Devil Kazuya/Devil Jin (Devil Kazuya stomped Azazel in all phases with ease, former was unfazed all time)
5)Golden Azazel (it required Jin with devil amp to one shot him)
6)Kazuya/Jin/Lars/Reina/Heihachi/Azazel/Akuma (Lars and Reina fights with TDK (8) is impressive, but lets be real we cant scale either close to the top 3, especially given that they get in general matched by lesser characters then the previously mentioned one, Lars states Azazel was tough to him as is)
7)Claudio (only via that spear and only that)
8)Insert any high tier here, Hwoarang would be among the strongest
9)Jack 8 (Alisa was overwhelmed by him, it needed Lili and Asuka together to put him down)
10)Insert any mid tier here, Alisa would be among the strongest

Im not gonna separate rankings as only one or two being placed to a rank, cuz for the most part, they are roughly evenly matched in these and its redundant
Non-conflicted ascended base Jin defeated Full Power Devil jin twice. If we include this in the scaling chain , we can apply another 10x multiplier to the feats.
So he should be above Devil Jin but below True Devil Jin.

Non-conflicted ascended base Jin defeated Full Power Devil jin twice. If we include this in the scaling chain , we can apply another 10x multiplier to the feats.
So he should be above Devil Jin but below True Devil Jin.
So let me get this, you wanna use the Jin vs Devil Jin (red eyes) to stack another x10 multiplier, how exactly would that fight allow another x10? I dont understand the justification

So let me get this, you wanna use the Jin vs Devil Jin (red eyes) to stack another x10 multiplier, how exactly would that fight allow another x10? I dont understand the justification
Basically this : True Devil Jin with the white and black wings (who is 10x Jin's new base form after not being conflicted due to the multiplier) > New Base Jin> Devil Jin (who is 10x Jin's old base from T6/7 since the entire fight was about Jin facing his sins and accepting who he is blablabla ) >>>> Golden Azazel

And before you say that the gap in power was never shown to be this big. The other verses who use multiplier are just like that as well Look DBS, Bleach , One Piece

Last edited:
Basically this : True Devil Jin with the white and black wings (who is 10x Jin's new base form after not being conflicted due to the multiplier) > New Base Jin> Devil Jin (who is 10x Jin's old base from T6/7 since the entire fight was about Jin facing his sins and accepting who he is blablabla ) >>>> Golden Azazel

And before you say that the gap in power was never shown to be this big. The other verses who use multiplier are just like that as well Look DBS, Bleach , One Piece
Ok but why would Devil Jin we fight in story be x10 base Jin from 6/7 be precisely going off of, the gap between base form Jin/Kazuya and Devil Jin/Devil Kazuya since Tekken 5 to Tekken 7 was basically one shot status or roughly there

Like Devil Jin could kill Hwoarang, Jin matches him in base casually, Jin with devil amp one shots Golden Azazel, while Lars had a tough fight with Azazel

Even in Tekken 8, Devil Jin pretty much stomps Kazuya until he goes Devil and evens the playfield, while Devil Kazuya stomps Azazel the whole fight

Like i need the basis of why Devil Jin is having x10 when you fight him the 1st time

Ok but why would Devil Jin we fight in story be x10 base Jin from 6/7 be precisely going off of, the gap between base form Jin/Kazuya and Devil Jin/Devil Kazuya since Tekken 5 to Tekken 7 was basically one shot status or roughly there

Like Devil Jin could kill Hwoarang, Jin matches him in base casually, Jin with devil amp one shots Golden Azazel, while Lars had a tough fight with Azazel

Even in Tekken 8, Devil Jin pretty much stomps Kazuya until he goes Devil and evens the playfield, while Devil Kazuya stomps Azazel the whole fight

Like i need the basis of why Devil Jin is having x10 when you fight him the 1st time
It's tough to prove, that's correct but all we need to prove is that the Devil Jin (we fought as Jin) scales above Azazel for the scaling chain to work.

Does the 5-B refer to Golden Azazel or Azazel in general?

Wait are you arguing that the gap should be bigger or smaller between the regular Devil Jin from T8 and Jin from t6/7?

Back