• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tekken General Discussion Thread

Yeah it seems like Akuma was there...for some reason and given it seems Kazuya murdered Akuma at the end of Tekken 7 thus having Kazuya kinda get stronger than Jin and everyone else making him a final boss in the Mishima family saga.
Akuma as a guest had a big role, dunno why they added him precisely in story given all his screen time while big, had a goal which no matter what wasnt gonna pass, he wont kill two of the main characters of the series that started all this
Plus Kazuya would mention he killed a demon who was sent by his mother as a reference and never use his name, given only Heihachi and Kazuya know Akuma and Kazuya would dismiss Akuma. Seeing that he killed a demon and raised his power even stronger.
Im not sure if you can hint that though, especially about a character you dont own at all either, being left ambiguous and seeing Kazuya clearly still around imo is enough to tell you Akuma failed and Jin will be the end to all this feud
Plus Jun is around and has a closer connection within the plot with Jin and Kazuya along with Reina being around.
Btw now that you mentioned, Jun so far in the story segments we got seem to be just in Jin mindscape or something, hopefully they dont just have her there and makes physical appearance as well

Heihachi v Kazuya will always be an infinitely more interesting fight than Jin v Kazuya.

There’s more hatred and history behind the Heihachi beef than there ever was behind the Jin beef. The only real thematic aspect to Jin and Kazuya’s showdown is Kazuya being a reflection of Jin’s devil side, which isn’t even fully true because Kazuya has taken control over his own devil while it’s still a separate entity to Jin. For Kazuya it’s purely transactional. Jin doesn’t represent anything significant to Kazuya except a “pacifist” version of himself and the only thing standing in his way of total domination.

For Heihachi and Kazuya there’s more of a connection. To Heihachi, Kazuya is the manifestation of the devil gene which Heihachi views as more demonic than anything else in existence (even if he did try to use it for himself at one point) because of what it did to make his own wife turn on him and destroyed any idea of peace he had. As for Kazuya, Heihachi is not only what he blames for ruining his life by killing his mother and literally scarring him forever, but also a walking mockery of Kazuya’s weakness from beating when he was a child, to his tekken 2 defeat, to his tekken 4 defeat. That’s what makes the Heihachi Kazuya dispute greater.

tekken-tekken7.gif

Tekken online be like most the time

Well i will be damned, i was wondering how the last 4 characters are gonna be revealed with 2 weeks left

Alisa looks insane gameplay wise, i seen the special intro before though, still funny regardless

Jin lost to Hwo in his base mode and then he used Devil Gene to match on Base Hwo's level since later he win during tournament. Reina managed to force Jin go Devil Gene by punch his face and she say I surrender, after she using Heihachi's Raging on Jin in tournament

Last edited:

I wasnt even awake when this dropped, they speed up the trailers, anyway, they made her more fun, Azazel seems to be hinted as returning from all things considered so far, then again a file from beta shown Azazel to be in T8

Jin lost to Hwo in his base mode and then he used Devil Gene to match on Base Hwo's level since later he win during tournament. Reina managed to force Jin go Devil Gene by punch his face and she say I surrender, after she using Heihachi's Raging on Jin in tournament
Where you seen this stuff though?

ok i took a better look

Jin didnt lose to Hwo, their intro like the in game ones, show them even in the clash and the fight cutscene, Jin avoids his kicks and then starts using the devil gene after these, the rage art seems to be meant happening and has a quick time which the player failed

Even so Jin says "not bad", so they are even in base form, Jin uses devil power to have more of an edge from their match levels or as Reina shown with her battle, the devil gene seems to react to danger of sorts, like survival instinct

Oh and Reina clearly did better from what i seen against Jin then Hwo, which isnt a surprinse given her lineage

Azazel is 1000% going to show up. The datamine, the murals shown in the story trailer, the whole thing about two dark starts meeting or whatever it was. The only real question is what part of the story will he be dealt with. Lore wise Azazel has a good case for being final boss worthy, but I feel like it be a disservice not to make it Kazuya or Jin considering all the advertising they've been doing plus being the supposed finale of the Mishimas.

Azazel is 1000% going to show up. The datamine, the murals shown in the story trailer, the whole thing about two dark starts meeting or whatever it was. The only real question is what part of the story will he be dealt with. Lore wise Azazel has a good case for being final boss worthy, but I feel like it be a disservice not to make it Kazuya or Jin considering all the advertising they've been doing plus being the supposed finale of the Mishimas.
Some brought up the theory Kazuya absorbs Azazel power or some shit, but Devil Jin ending proves that wrong, cuz it takes it away from them

Honestly i dont even know what role Azazel has if he is in actually, let alone how long is the story to get him in there

Also a live talk occurs right now, its gonna wrap up their world tour, also new announcements prolly near end, either me or someone else gonna post them here after anyway

Some brought up the theory Kazuya absorbs Azazel power or some shit, but Devil Jin ending proves that wrong, cuz it takes it away from them

Honestly i dont even know what role Azazel has if he is in actually, let alone how long is the story to get him in there
His new devil form could very well have to do with Azazel because Azazel was shown alongside to devils on the ruins during the prologue.
It seems they will nerf Kazuya to a level where they can deal with him at this rate because he's too OP.

Heihachi v Kazuya will always be an infinitely more interesting fight than Jin v Kazuya.
Kazuya vs Heihachi is the peak of the story yeah and the ultimate payoff since tekken 1. Kazuya always looked like the underdog because Heihachi was around and Kazuya couldn't finish his one goal since T1 so Heihachi's demise at the hand of Kazuya in T7 was long coming.

Jin and Kazuya don't have much history. Jin barely knows Kazuya, they fought once. Jin's main motive in this whole conflict is guilt because he started WW3 and Kazuya refuses to let it end. Jin is the final obstacle in front of Kazuuya for world domination as you said and nothing more.

Mad Tekken 5 vibes from this OP clearly they were trying to recapture the magic of that one.
They are using a lot of stuff from previous games into this, tekken 3 style intros before a fight round, tekken 6 style bound for heat burst, rage mechanics of tekken 7, tekken 5 style opening, then tekken 4 ish type of stages havibg crazy gimmicks to them
His new devil form could very well have to do with Azazel because Azazel was shown alongside to devils on the ruins during the prologue.
Doubt its gonna be taking his power, Azazel orb cures devil gene infected people compared to the non devil gene people, the new devil form is just the one from Tekken 7 story mode final fight in a new design
It seems they will nerf Kazuya to a level where they can deal with him at this rate because he's too OP.
As far as the story trailer goes, Zafina says in there Jin devil power was lost and that of Kazuya grows much stronger

So Jin by the end of their fight will regain his power he had to beat Kazuya, Claudio pointed already in T7 Jin devil was above of Kazuya
Jin and Kazuya don't have much history. Jin barely knows Kazuya, they fought once. Jin's main motive in this whole conflict is guilt because he started WW3 and Kazuya refuses to let it end. Jin is the final obstacle in front of Kazuuya for world domination as you said and nothing more.
They fought twice, Blood Veangeance exists in canon too

Jin vs Kazuya is the conclusion of the devil gene, which also ends the Mishima saga for good as a whole, since all of this went due to the trio

Doubt its gonna be taking his power, Azazel orb cures devil gene infected people compared to the non devil gene peopl
Watch him do it with will power alone.
the new devil form is just the one from Tekken 7 story mode final fight in a new design
We have no proof of that. His true devil form in T7 still resmabled his normal devil from to an extent while this one looks a whole different hing.
Claudio pointed already in T7 Jin devil was above of Kazuya
I am not sure how much water this statment hold anymore. They fought and Jin got his ass handed to him hard.
He didn't lose control until Kazuya started killing civilians and he still got owned and that was just normal Devil Kazuya.

They fought twice, Blood Veangeance exists in canon too
Sorry I don't recognize it as such. Way too many inconsistent in the timeline and characters acting out of character.

Watch him do it with will power alone.
That will go against what they established before
We have no proof of that. His true devil form in T7 still resmabled his normal devil from to an extent while this one looks a whole different hing.
Why assume its another thing, his true devil form both in 7 and blood vengeance is literally that one, different designs only
I am not sure how much water this statment hold anymore. They fought and Jin got his ass handed to him hard.
He didn't lose control until Kazuya started killing civilians and he still got owned and that was just normal Devil Kazuya.
As i said the story trailer implied his got stronger, while Jin lost his, so something happened that changed the scale in power between both
Sorry I don't recognize it as such. Way too many inconsistent in the timeline and characters acting out of character.
Its not inconsistent nor ooc, plus wog along the one who wrote the script in an interview say it exists in it, T7 also shown brief scene from it in main story as flashbacks from previous events

Hopefully he still has the "Excellent!" line, thats his character for over 20 years now

EDIT: He says Excellent during a kick that needs precise input near the start

Last edited:
That will go against what they established before
Won't be first time.
Why assume its another thing, his true devil form both in 7 and blood vengeance is literally that one, different designs only
Because it looks pretty different from his TDF from Yakuza 7? It could be just a redesign who knows I am just making taking guesses here.

As i said the story trailer implied his got stronger, while Jin lost his, so something happened that changed the scale in power between both
Are we really gonna ignore context here? Jin lost the abillty to use to use devil power after he lost to Kazuya and rejected the devil inside him so he's nerfed now.
He still had the power when he fought Kazuya and he still got owned. I agree that Kazuya is much stronger now but Jin himself wasn't nerfed during the first battle in the prologue.

Its not inconsistent nor ooc, plus wog along the one who wrote the script in an interview say it exists in it, T7 also shown brief scene from it in main story as flashbacks from previous events
They just used random clips from all across the franchise. I am not interested in having a canon discussion and I realize people her would want it recognized as canon so they can use feats from it but I don't care about that part.

Won't be first time.
Let me hear examples in that case
Because it looks pretty different from his TDF from Yakuza 7? It could be just a redesign who knows I am just making taking guesses here.
Ok and? TDF in 7, 8 and BV all look different in design, even True Ogre design changed from his T3 and tag 1 till tag 2 to a degree
Are we really gonna ignore context here? Jin lost the abillty to use to use devil power after he lost to Kazuya and rejected the devil inside him so he's nerfed now.
He still had the power when he fought Kazuya and he still got owned. I agree that Kazuya is much stronger now but Jin himself wasn't nerfed during the first battle in the prologue.
characters like Heihachi grew stronger over time, which Akuma states as well as to why he waited all this time in universe and same should go with Kazuya, let alone Claudio said Jin devil > Kazuya devil, im not ignoring anything, the scene with devil giving him a hand isnt rejecting anything, its him not allowing himself to end up like Kazuya did back in T4
They just used random clips from all across the franchise.
Random clips.....if they wanted to just add random stuff they might as well have added anything outside tag games and the movie while at it by this premise, which they didnt
I am not interested in having a canon discussion and I realize people her would want it recognized as canon so they can use feats from it but I don't care about that part.
Then dont bring up a topic you dont wanna talk of, like it or not its acknowledged in universe and by wog as part of it, you not accepting it cuz of stuff here and there isnt any a good argument when these things were adressed

Let me hear examples in that case
The devil gene as a whole has been recottned more than once. It went from being some evil spirit who made a contract with Kazuya,T6 leading us to think Azazel was the source of it to then T7 saying it came from Kazuya's mother Kazumi. Trying to act like the tekken lore never change is ridiculous.
Ok and? TDF in 7, 8 and BV all look different in design, even True Ogre design changed from his T3 and tag 1 till tag 2 to a degree
Nonsese. Devil Kazuya's design remained the same through all of the story. We don't know if the devil form we see in T8 is the same one as T7 and BV is not canon as I see it. T7 is the first time we saw True Devil Kazuya in games. True Ogre got a little tweaks here and there they didn't change his whole look.

the scene with devil giving him a hand isnt rejecting anything, its him not allowing himself to end up like Kazuya did back in T4
?
Then dont bring up a topic you dont wanna talk of, like it or not its acknowledged in universe and by wog as part of it, you not accepting it cuz of stuff here and there isnt any a good argument when these things were adressed
So your whole argument boils down to "there was a flashing scene to BV so it's canon? This movie is very messy and Harada calling it "half canon" doesn't help it case either. Also the one who brought it up was you when you were trying to say Jin and Kazuya fought more than once and started arguing about when I dissmised it.

The devil gene as a whole has been recottned more than once. It went from being some evil spirit who made a contract with Kazuya,T6 leading us to think Azazel was the source of it to then T7 saying it came from Kazuya's mother Kazumi. Trying to act like the tekken lore never change is ridiculous.
Only retcon was that the Devil Gene started with a deal with from Devil to Kazuya and Heihachi reasons for throwing him off as different then now

Azazel is still the origin, Kazumi didnt retcon that, she is the reason the Mishimas inherited in the bloodline but wasnt the one who originated all
Nonsese. Devil Kazuya's design remained the same through all of the story. We don't know if the devil form we see in T8 is the same one as T7 and BV is not canon as I see it. T7 is the first time we saw True Devil Kazuya in games. True Ogre got a little tweaks here and there they didn't change his whole look.
Makes more sense to say the devil form in T8 story is the design of his true form then assume its an unproven theory on the internet when nothing hints as such

All 3 forms in those mediums share as basis the scaly monstruosity look which only something of comparable level of power could stand a chance
So your whole argument boils down to "there was a flashing scene to BV so it's canon? This movie is very messy and Harada calling it "half canon" doesn't help it case either.
There is more to this then just this for your info, but regardless, you simply go against wog and canon story showing and saying otherwise, idk why you simply decide to ignore it just cuz you dont like it or thinking those arent working

By this logic the netflix anime shouldnt be either on the basis of "characters act different, its inconsistent with some scenes", like no offense, but denying wog and the canon itself doesnt help your case in here
Also the one who brought it up was you when you were trying to say Jin and Kazuya fought more than once and started arguing about when I dissmised it.
I brought it up cuz it happened and you ignore just cuz it irks you the idea of it being counted, at that point its a matter of opinion on personal view on a topic which is subjective

I dont desire to continue this back and forth talk, as its just gonna go on as such, agree to disagree and call it a day

New trailer released and one more is left, story leaks fly around and talks of gameplay happen etc, i prefer to go back on those

Yeah having a discussion this close to the game release ruins the mood so I will drop it too. I would also rather focus on the hype going on right now.

Bandami has been really going HAM in the 10 days leading to the game release. The marketing team is doing great.

Back