• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Teen Titans: Herald Slade additions and upgrades

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
So after rewatching a few clips of Slade post-Heraldization, I have some things to add to his profile.

Class T Lifting Strength: Raven attempting to restrain him with her powers failed miserably. (Note: Raven should also have Class T lifting strength with her powers due to the shared feat she has with Terra here, where they used their powers to lift Titans Tower [skip to 19:08], which was found to weigh 23,278,384,179.462kg in the calc blog of their feat.)

Power Nullification; He can briefly shut off a person's powers with a touch, as seen numerous times when he did so with Raven.

Illusion Creation (or, alternatively, Alternate Future Display): Surrounded himself and Raven with a vision of a future where the world had been reduced to a fiery wasteland and the other Titans had been turned to stone.

Electricity Manipulation: See here.

If these are approved, I can add them myself.

EDIT: It has also been brought up below that Slade as Trigon's Herald was also much stronger than the Titans, to the point that an AP upgrade may be warranted.

Six people agreeing within a span of three minutes.

Why can't all of my CRTs go this smoothly?

Really quick

Considering how far above the 3.6 Kiloton feat he is, is 7C really that bad of an idea?

I mean...

It's repeatedly shown that he's stronger than all of the Titans combined, including Raven, who's also shown to be stronger than everyone else even prior to her "White Raven" form becoming a thing. (See here especially.) And he's capable of one-hit-quitting just about any of them besides her, to the point that he knocked out Cyborg for several moments with a ******* fingerflick.

So, maybe? I dunno how far above other Low 7-Cs you'd have to be in order to jump tiers like that, but he might just be that far, looking at the evidence.

He is 3.6 Kilotons, baseline 7C is 5.6 Kilotons

A charged attack from Cyborg, which was also amped by tech from Titans Tower, didn't even scratch him. Said attack also drained almost all of his power, visibly shown by the energy indicator on his forearm.

He overpowered Raven constantly once he had his Herald powers, and regularly shut off her abilities just by grabbing her.

Robin had to be carried off after one of Herald!Slade's casual pyrokinetic blasts hit him once.

He beat the entire team in a 5v1, and in said fight: He knocked Cyborg unconscious just by flicking him in the face. He easily caught one of Starfire's stronger projectiles, then infused it with his own pyrokinesis and threw it back at her, taking her out.

He's restrained all of the Titans sans Raven with minimal effort, using pyrokinetic tendrils one-handed.

Raven assaulting him several times-- while supremely pissed off-- was barely enough to faze him, and at that time, he wasn't even bothering to fight back because Trigon had forbid him from hurting her.

Wherever the Titans are at, Slade with his Herald powers is easily much higher.

DMUA said:
Gap's like
1 to 5.8 Kilotons
...Oh, right. I keep forgetting Low 7-C is like the smallest tier we have.

3.6 KT is over halfway there already, so I'd say he could qualify for 7-C. It might be safer to say "At least Low 7-C, likely 7-C", but either way...

3.6 KT is over halfway there already, so I'd say he could qualify for 7-C. It might be safer to say "At least Low 7-C, likely 7-C", but either way...

I can agree to this

Schnee One said:
Raven assaulting him several times-- while supremely pissed off-- was barely enough to faze him, and at that time, he wasn't even bothering to fight back because Trigon had forbid him from hurting her.
Admittedly, I may have overstated this one.

She did manage to hurt him some (as evidenced by his audible grunts of pain every time she hits him), so it's not like he was no-selling her attacks. But he still just kind of...gets up and cracks his neck afterwards, appearing mostly fine.

Although, since Raven is also shown to be far more powerful than every other Titan, that doesn't necessarily disprove anything...

MrKingOfNegativity said:
5th smallest actually, tied with 6-A

Anyway, yeah, the tier is small enough for him to get a possibly 7-C rating alongside low 7-C

...Now I'm torn as to whether or not Raven scales to him, since...

Eh **** it. How about I just link the video.

Going by this, Raven ca hurt Herald Slade. But it takes an obvious amount of effort, and he gets up afterwards without showing any visible fatigue. She's also the only one who's shown to do even this much to him.

So does that mean anything in regards to her, or nah?

Figured as much.

Anywho, going over the changes:

• Power/ability additions I already outlined in the OP.
  • Class T Lifting Strength (Which Raven also needs on her page)
  • At least Small Town Level, likely Town level physical rating due to being far stronger than the Titans and being able to one-shot most of them.
Did I miss anything?

Well, Slade was being enhanced by 5-A character. And we don't generally assume a multiplier, even though it's a straightforward and tiny gap. At least Low 7-C is fine of course, but it's technically Trigon's power that was stomping the Titans; not Slade.

Everything else looks great.

I mean yeah, he was granted his new powers from Trigon, but the latter wasn't directly channeling his own power through Slade or anything. That's just how powerful Slade had become once Trigon made him his Herald.

I'm neutral in regards to the actual rating he gets from that, but still.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Well, Slade was being enhanced by 5-A character. And we don't generally assume a multiplier, even though it's a straightforward and tiny gap. At least Low 7-C is fine of course, but it's technically Trigon's power that was stomping the Titans; not Slade.

Everything else looks great.
No one mentioned anything about a multiplier

@Gargoyle, I don't mean it like that, I just meant we usually just say "At least" instead of Tier jumps, even if it's like 1.5x away.

I know the standards aren't consistent; and if the gap is literally a hair, such as a few joules away, then of course the tier jump is harmless. Or if there's a gap between two characters and many characters rough in between, we can give rough estimates. But just a simple much stronger than these characters usually just has an "At least".

It's not just him being "much stronger" so much as him being able to knock out a 3.6 KT character with a literal fingerflick. And being able to restrain all of them at once with only one hand, while mocking them the way he likes to.

Just to clear things up.

Well, I know. I have nothing against the tier jump; I'm also neutral. I mostly just said that it is generally more traditional to just have the At least. But I prefer to here input from other staff members.

I'd personally be ok with a "likely 7-C". Compare how hard your flick is to you throwing a punch, for example. Probably gonna be more than twice as strong. He wouldn't be able to be above baseline in 7-C though.

He is a few joules away, it's only 1.5 times

And being much stronger then other characters with a wide scaling chain absolutely gives a higher rating if justifiable, as shown by Mami

Lifting makes sense, though the other 2 i'm not totally sure about.

Power Null: Raven's powers are tied to her emotional state. Considering what Slade's purpose here was, who he was empowered by, and that he only did it to raven, it seems to me that he more disabled the usage of her powers by messing with her mind/emotions.

Illusion Creation: Similar to above, seems like something that'd be attributed more to mental stuff.

Back