• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Technology in Fiction...

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Couldn't get a better title name so this will do.

So i've had quite a bit of talks on tech stuff from Azzy, Ever, and Red about the kinds of tech one would see in verses like say, Warhammer, or that of even Star Wars or especially that of the Doctor Who verse and so on.

Thinking how interesting it was when talking about really powerful stuff that one could get with tech, depending on the setting one is referring to like the above mentioned ones, i wanted to create this topic thats of many things.

Such as: What are peoples favorite tech from any verse they know that's of a really futuristic type one or otherwise? What's the most powerful that they can think of from there and why? Or maybe one would like to discuss more of how impressive they are (at least in-verse wise)? And so on.

With that out of the way...give out your thoughts here, everyone~

(Speaks into the mic with a store intercomm voice)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT, FLL. THAT'S ALL I REALLY NEED, NO QUESTIONS ASK~

do we accept something like...heavenly technology ?

because in that case, Tokyo Babel has alot of those fun stuffs with Metatron's machine that can reprograms the space of reality. Raziel's book, Seifer Raziel is a massive digital record that recorded every event, phenomenoms, existences since the dawn of creation, the book also contain the blue print of God.

And finally, we have God, a giant super computer which is also a higher dimensional being that exist beyond the concept of casuality.

welp, can only remember that much :p my brain is pretty bad at this time right now (it's midnight in my country)

Evco030b
Setsuna vs God

It can just be anything that's tech, really. So things like what was that for Warhammer, Star Wars, even just human tech or that of Doctor Who among other things are fine.

One of my favorite verses revolves around technology.

The idea of living with robots that can think and act just as independently as you is both terrifying and exciting. Who hasn't dreamed of having a robot buddy at least once in their life. Of course, Mega Man X's world is pretty sucky, especially towards the end, but 200 years before that, things were pretty hunky-dorky outside of the occasional Wily/terrorist attack, and I'd love to meet Rock in person.

And if you think Lightsabers are cool, it's got NOTHING on the Z-Saber.

Even cooler is the Battle Network timeline, which was incredibly accurate in how the internet would overtake modern society as everything became wired.

But NetNavis were by far the coolest. Imagine having a personal operating buddy who wakes you up in the morning, checks your email, cleans out the viruses from your computer in nerve-wracking but satisfying battles, and is your guide to the literal universe that the Internet has become. I can't tell you how many times I wish I had a NetNavi for well, everything. It would certainly make homework less of a chore.

The coolest idea I've read about in sci-fi literature was the "Life Machine" used in Star Trek. Essentially, a race of extremely ancient humanoid aliens spread their biological make up across the universe, indirectly causing humanoid species to consistently pop up across the cosmos. I was fascinated by the idea, the simple genius behind it and the applications it could have for storytelling

I've always been a diehard fan of retro-futurism, which is essentially futuristic technologies as depicted from classic sci-fi movies, series, serials and comics from the black and white era, and to a lesser extent, the 70s. Mars Attacks and to a lesser extent, Invaders from Mars (Original) are some of my favorite films of all time due to the way the technology looks. I love the technological aesthetic of the classic "Sword and Planet"/"Planetary Romance" genre of books, with the swords and death rays.

This likely stems from my fascination with Alien folklore and love of pretty much anything relating to it. Classic Flying Saucers, invasions from Little Gray Men with their deathrays. I eat that stuff up. I guess my favorite piece of tech would be the old school UFO, complete with tractor beams and human-vaporizing lasers.

I gotta agree with Reppuzan on the Z-Saber being in an whole other league than the Lightsaber. Although, I always thought the Shadow Saber was almost as cool.

With this, the truest sword in the galaxy, I will right all wrongs
Other then that, I love tech that incorporates fantastical elements in how they function. Stuff like the "Sword of Tengu" from TMNT, which is scientifically augmented magical sword, capable of shattering standing castles and annihilating villages.

Back