• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Technological Insect vs Dragon

Genesect vs Mega Rayquaza

Speed Unequalized

Localization: Mt. Silver

Since none of these two have ever met in any media in the Pokémon franchise, I always had doubts about who would win, and I will probably do more fighting between 5-B Pokémon's who have never met or fought each other

Pokémon artificially created with some of the best designs: 2 (GyroNutz, BruceTheBatma)

Dragon from Third generation that everyone likes: 7 (Dragopentling, The real cal howard, Bobsica, AnonymousBlank, ABoogieYesSir, Arceus0x, Drite77)

Inconclusive:

Poke genesect
Bcc40c8ce38a02fdecdb27b43c278a6c

Normal Genesect depends on the Drive. Chill Drive spans Techno Blast until victory while shrugging off any dragon type attacks.

As Shiny Genesect has Blaze Kick (a move exclusive to an event), I´m going to assume that Rayquaza has V-Create, which case, Rayquaza two-shots Genesect by using that, however, as Rayquaza can´t just use them in a rapid succesion, Genesect gets the change to use the Ice Techno Blast, which then damages Rayquaza, and from that point it goes up to who hits first.

As Rayquaza would have his defenses and speed lowered after using V-Create, I vote for Genesect.

Genesect FRA, plus download gives it a possible amp to its offenses and Zap Cannon will paralyse Rayquaza

Bobsican said:
As Shiny Genesect has Blaze Kick (a move exclusive to an event), I´m going to assume that Rayquaza has V-Create, which case, Rayquaza two-shots Genesect by using that, however, as Rayquaza can´t just use them in a rapid succesion, Genesect gets the change to use the Ice Techno Blast, which then damages Rayquaza, and from that point it goes up to who hits first.
As Rayquaza would have his defenses and speed lowered after using V-Create, I vote for Genesect.
Delta Stream, which is Mega Rayquaza's Ability, weakens super-effective moves to Flying-types, including the likes of Ice-type moves. Also, V-Create dealing 4x damage would 100% OHKO Genesect in all normal cases unless held items are a thing

Unless we want to add Natures or EV spreads into the match, I don't see an Ice Techno Blast OHKOing Mega Ray in most cases. If we were to kinda play this out, either Genesect severely hurts or OHKOs Mega Ray after a missed V Create (if we are to apply the stat-lowering effect even if it misses) or Dragon Ascent (cause idk why)....OR Mega Ray incinerates Genesect in one shot with V Create due to the latter's 4x weakness to Fire. One more thing: I don't think Speed stats from games may matter as much, but Mega Ray is faster than Genesect in terms of base Speed stat.

I'll hold my vote as Inconclusive for now, though depending on how many more people slip into this thread, it may change, though more likely for Mega Ray if so....not because of biasedness, but due to the explanation I gave. If this was Normal Rayquaza, it would get bodied, ofc, though.

Back