• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TBATE Discussion Thread

I looked up and it was said everywhere
(patreon , tapas , all of the most popular pirate sites)
except for the kindle book because I don't have access to it , so I have to ask where are you reading from?
I have the ebook version or so
From volume 1-9
I'm going to cross-check with the manhua anyways

Can someone dumb down the last 3 chapters for me?

Did Sylvie just interfere with Arthur's reincarnation before she was born?

Agnora was supposed to summon Arthur to Alacrya
But an "issue" messed up the process and sent him to dicathen

It turns out that the "issue" was Sylvie (who shouldn't have been born then" engaging in a tug of war with agnora for Arthur's soul

What the hell?

Can someone dumb down the last 3 chapters for me?

Did Sylvie just interfere with Arthur's reincarnation before she was born?

Agnora was supposed to summon Arthur to Alacrya
But an "issue" messed up the process and sent him to dicathen

It turns out that the "issue" was Sylvie (who shouldn't have been born then" engaging in a tug of war with agnora for Arthur's soul

What the hell?
Basically she created a paradox - she was always there but she couldn't be there because she wasn't born yet , some people suspect that it's just a mechanism of fate
( which if you remember is a higher edict than space , time , life and is suspected to be sentient ) as it tries to balance everything out.

I really don't know know to explain properly 🤔

Last edited:
I am currently re-reading Tbate and i think I found another speed feat
Chapter 7:

"The fierce sound of the show came only after the arrow had done its job. Helen's shot had carried a force powerful enough to pierce through the armored chest of the machete-wielding bandit and lift him up and back a half-dozen meters, nailing him into the ground."

"Helen's eyes narrowed as she nocked and drew another arrow. Focusing, I could faintly see the mana gathering into her right eye as she shut her left. Soon, another reinforced arrow streaked through, followed by a sharp hiss, ignoring all opposing air resistance as it closed in on another enemy fighter.

This man vaguely resembled a smaller Durden, except more muscular and more angular of a face. His brows furrowing in concentration, his giant sword, which was his height, had somehow reached the arrow in time, generating a sound of a bullet hitting metal. The enemy fighter slid back, but wasn't harmed as he anchored his greatsword into ground, using it to balance himself. However, before even had the chance to smirk in content, a second arrow pierced through his forehead. It was a grim sight, seeing the light drain from his eyes."

I am currently re-reading Tbate and i think I found another speed feat
Chapter 7:

"The fierce sound of the show came only after the arrow had done its job. Helen's shot had carried a force powerful enough to pierce through the armored chest of the machete-wielding bandit and lift him up and back a half-dozen meters, nailing him into the ground."

"Helen's eyes narrowed as she nocked and drew another arrow. Focusing, I could faintly see the mana gathering into her right eye as she shut her left. Soon, another reinforced arrow streaked through, followed by a sharp hiss, ignoring all opposing air resistance as it closed in on another enemy fighter.

This man vaguely resembled a smaller Durden, except more muscular and more angular of a face. His brows furrowing in concentration, his giant sword, which was his height, had somehow reached the arrow in time, generating a sound of a bullet hitting metal. The enemy fighter slid back, but wasn't harmed as he anchored his greatsword into ground, using it to balance himself. However, before even had the chance to smirk in content, a second arrow pierced through his forehead. It was a grim sight, seeing the light drain from his eyes."
Is this going to be mach 1?

Fairly consistent considering that rusty Reynolds is around the same level

Is this going to be mach 1?

Fairly consistent considering that rusty Reynolds is around the same level
Yeah slightly faster than sound and I've seem to have found some consistency in speed for low tiers:
When Arthur returned home from Elenoir Reynolds said that he broke through to the light red stage , so we can assume he was solid red and Helen is also likely solid red as she took his place as the leader of the Twin horns , so they are both around the speed of sound , while Arthur (who is likely dark red) who is at the time weaker than them was able to react to a normal arrow (which was shot at him from behind) by the sound of it moving so he is consistently around subsonic ( around 60m/s).

P.S: here is Arthur reacting to arrow in chapter 7:
"We hurried down the slope when I heard a faint wizz sound to our left. Acting on instinct, I jumped up, bringing my wooden sword up and reinforcing my whole body and the sword to withstand the blow of the incoming arrow.

A splintering crack resonated as the arrow met the wooden sword. Fortunately, the arrow wasn't reinforced with any mana so, even though the force pushed me back, I was able to regain balance mid air by using the force of the shot by rotating my body and redirecting the arrow away. I landed on my feet a bit less impressively than I wanted to, throwing away what was left of my wooden sword."

Yeah slightly faster than sound and I've seem to have found some consistency in speed for low tiers:
When Arthur returned home from Elenoir Reynolds said that he broke through to the light red stage , so we can assume he was solid red and Helen is also likely solid red as she took his place as the leader of the Twin horns , so they are both around the speed of sound , while Arthur (who is likely dark red) who is at the time weaker than them was able to react to a normal arrow (which was shot at him from behind) by the sound of it moving so he is consistently around subsonic ( around 60m/s).

P.S: here is Arthur reacting to arrow in chapter 7:
"We hurried down the slope when I heard a faint wizz sound to our left. Acting on instinct, I jumped up, bringing my wooden sword up and reinforcing my whole body and the sword to withstand the blow of the incoming arrow.

A splintering crack resonated as the arrow met the wooden sword. Fortunately, the arrow wasn't reinforced with any mana so, even though the force pushed me back, I was able to regain balance mid air by using the force of the shot by rotating my body and redirecting the arrow away. I landed on my feet a bit less impressively than I wanted to, throwing away what was left of my wooden sword."
Yeah

I already gave someone to calc this using the comic adaptation of the feat

I finally found how to scale mid-tiers and realmheart:
Chapter 75:
"My brows furrowed as I began calculating how many mages it would take to hold down a single white core mage. Since it took roughly around twenty solid-yellow core mages to hold off a single silver core mage, would it take less silver core mages than that to beat a white core mage… or was the power level increase exponential?

"I'm not really sure, Gramps," I finally said, defeated.

"To make it easier for you, we'll use myself as A figure of measurement. I don't ever recall explicitly telling you this, but I'm a mid-silver core mage. It would take roughly around ten of me to keep one mid-white core mage at bay, and that's being optimistic." Grandpa Virion let out a chortle.

"Ten of you…" I muttered under my breath.

"Now, Cynthia is high-silver. Even after being generous, it would take around six or seven of her to keep one mid-white core at bay." He shrugged as he spoke.

"…"

I couldn't imagine my current self being able to defeat that many Virions or Goodskys. Perhaps if I were to release the second phase of my dragon's will, I might be barely able to contend with three Grampa Virions, however, the drawback would be tremendous."

Basically:

1.white core -> Cynthia ( higher-silver 6 times weaker)
2.white core -> Virion ( mid-silver 10 times weaker)
3.Virion -> Realmheart Arthur ( 3 times stronger)
4.Silver core -> Average Solid-yellow core mage (20 times weaker).

A similar statement also exists for adventurers scaling

This ought to be fun
Yeah in chapter 28:
"It would be a lie to say I wasn't surprised as well. Someone classified as an AA-class adventurer was at a much higher level of strength compared to an A-class. As the class ranks increased, each jump was exponential, meaning that compared to D-class to C-class, the jump from A-class to AA-class was uncomparable. Being an AA-class adventurer signified that you had the strength of ten A-class adventurers, and that was just a rough estimate."

DMUA is currently interested in this and needs some scans
Chapter 367:
"According to The Wonders of Vechor, Volume Two by the historian and ascender Tovorin of Highblood Karsten, the oval combat field was six hundred feet long and five hundred feet across, capable of seating fifty thousand people in the open-air seats and with fifty private viewing boxes.

Still, the book didn't even come close to doing the place justice. There was no way the numbers could express how truly enormous the Victorious coliseum was."

Chapter 372:
"Cadell wasted no time, gave no warning. An aura of black flames ignited the air, both surrounding Cadell and billowing out and down in a wide cone. The arena floor where Arthur stood was obliterated, the earth blackened and burned away, leaving a widening crater the length of the battlefield, Arthur vanishing within it."

"Arthur had not moved, except he was now standing at the bottom of a deep crater."

"The crowds screamed as the shields keeping them from being vaporized by the aftershock trembled and flickered."

-> this would mean that the attack was stronger than whatever calculation there would be.

"As the combusting cloud of mana and aether fizzled out, I caught sight of Cadell on the other side of the arena, hovering thirty feet in the air."

"Activating God Step, I appeared just before him, catching the attack with an aetheric sword."
-> chapter 305: "Letting out a sigh that coalesced as a cloud of fog around my head, I nodded.

Three Steps smirked, revealing a sharp canine before she disappeared with a shadow step. I looked down to see her on a thin nose-shaped rock about a dozen yards below from the wide mountain peak we had been training on.

I ignited God Step once again. In that moment of focus, I felt the draining presence of Regis within me. He had remained unresponsive no matter how much I called for him. When I tried to eject him out, I could feel my aether core anchoring him inside, leaving me no choice but to remain patient.

Focusing my senses on the streams of aether that had lit up around me, I appeared next to Three Steps with a crackle of aetheric electricity."
-> from this we know that his single god-step range is a dozen yards and in a fight against Cadell he should be massively stronger.

That's all i could gather.

I think you should add this to your explanation:
Chapter 281 (speed):
However, just as I began to channel lightning through my arm and into my blade, the ascender had flashed past Pallisun and was right in front of me.

Moving with keen precision, he dodged my stab. Then the world suddenly flipped as I found myself in the air.

“Aphene!” Pallisun’s voice rang, snapping me out of my reverie.

A rush of wind oriented me enough to aim the spell that I had been channeling. I unleashed the voltaic spear from the point of my blade while I descended.

Yet, even the fastest element of all couldn’t catch the ascender off-guard as he blurred away from view.

Chapter 378 ( magnetism and power):
"Scanning the ceiling, I found what I needed. There was a large chunk of iron-rich stone above where the others were fighting. I hurled a bolt of lightning-attribute mana into it, but instead of destroying the stone I infused it with the mana, then manipulated it to spin in a looping arc through the iron.
Taci kicked backwards, sending Mica spinning away, then whirled his spear around him in a circle. As he shifted his hold on it, I pulled. The iron became an enormous magnet, ripping the spear out of Taci’s unexpecting hands. It flew straight up into the air and hit the ceiling with a clang.
I immediately struck out with so much lightning that the stone melted, fusing the spear to the ceiling."

Also chapter 19 (effect of lightning on the nerves) :
As I parried each of his fists, I fired small bursts of lightning, slowly whittling down the feelings in his arms. My father didn't notice until it was too late, though; his swings and jabs were becoming dull and sloppy. Seizing the opportunity, I ducked under his swing and prepared for an uppercut and just when my fist was about to make contact, my father's knee was positioned just below my jaw.

Last edited:
Completely forgot about that little skirmish he had in volume 8 where lightning magic is called the fastest element

I was thinking on working out the multiplier for core stages (wich don't have a stated multiplier) because we lack feats for low mid-tier but it's gonna take a lot of time and likely won't be accepted

I was thinking on working out the multiplier for core stages (wich don't have a stated multiplier) because we lack feats for low mid-tier but it's gonna take a lot of time and likely won't be accepted
For example if we use this calc then the multiplier for low core stages will be
black (13m/s) -> dark red ( ~3 times increase 39m/s) -> solid red (~3 times increase 117m/s)-> light red (~3 times increase 343.3 speed of sound)

P.s: the real multipleer is closer to 2.95

Wiki is very strict for stuffs like that

It has to be explicit

Those adventurers and Virion explanation should bump things higher though

I'm not particularly sure if the statements would apply to speed

Arthur's speed scaling looks like this at the moment

At least Superhuman in base (superior to his 3 year old self who did this), up to Transonic with lightning enhancement, higher with thunderclap impulse | At least Transonic (superior to his 8 year old sef, higher with thunderclap impulse, far higher with realmheart | At least Transonic (far superior to his pre Asura training self) higher with Burst Step, far higher with Realmheart | At least MHS+ (Can intercept lightning attacks from Bairon), far higher with Burst Step and Realmheart (Could keep up with Nico)

Key: Adventurer | School Arc | Post Training/Early War | Late War
This is for pre Asura physique

Just a rough overview

Wiki is very strict for stuffs like that

It has to be explicit

Those adventurers and Virion explanation should bump things higher though

I'm not particularly sure if the statements would apply to speed

Arthur's speed scaling looks like this at the moment

At least Superhuman in base (superior to his 3 year old self who did this), up to Transonic with lightning enhancement, higher with thunderclap impulse | At least Transonic (superior to his 8 year old sef, higher with thunderclap impulse, far higher with realmheart | At least Transonic (far superior to his pre Asura training self) higher with Burst Step, far higher with Realmheart | At least MHS+ (Can intercept lightning attacks from Bairon), far higher with Burst Step and Realmheart (Could keep up with Nico)

Key: Adventurer | School Arc | Post Training/Early War | Late War
This is for pre Asura physique

Just a rough overview
1.I wanted to ask how we apply the 20 times multiplier from Solid-yellow to silver , because using it we can downscale anyone at solid yellow or above ( like current Eleanor ) from silver core in AP
2.I know it's a rough overview but i remember two more abilities that boost his speed , so i assume we will add them later?

1.I wanted to ask how we apply the 20 times multiplier from Solid-yellow to silver , because using it we can downscale anyone at solid yellow or above ( like current Eleanor ) from silver core in AP
2.I know it's a rough overview but i remember two more abilities that boost his speed , so i assume we will add them later?
I'll get back to number 1 later

2. Yes

Will change the calc later.
You can also check out your house busting calc for Arthur
In case there's something to correct

Also, regarding the world eater calc
Don't you think it's Low-Balled massively?

The map of the continent drawn on chapter 3 in the comic shows the elf and human territories almost similar in size

Xyrus or whatever the floating city is called is stated to be hundred miles long
And that's relatively small compared to the rest of the human territory

Also, regarding the world eater calc
Don't you think it's Low-Balled massively?
Kinda , aldir said that the destruction was hundreds of miles wide so i am using the bare minimum
Xyrus or whatever the floating city is called is stated to be hundred miles long
Can you find the statement, if so i can try using pixelscaling to find how large each of the countries are.

Kinda , aldir said that the destruction was hundreds of miles wide so i am using the bare minimum

Can you find the statement, if so i can try using pixelscaling to find how large each of the countries are.
Chapter 5:
"A book that I had read popped into my mind. I recalled reading about a floating piece of land built by an ancient organization of conjurers for the sole purpose of housing the most prestigious Mage Academy. A city was later built around the academy; both the City and the academy were named after the leader of the organization - Xyrus.

How was it possible to keep a piece of land, hundreds of kilometers long, afloat? Magnetism? Then the land beneath the city would be affected by it. Did the city have its own gravitational field?"

Chapter 5:
"A book that I had read popped into my mind. I recalled reading about a floating piece of land built by an ancient organization of conjurers for the sole purpose of housing the most prestigious Mage Academy. A city was later built around the academy; both the City and the academy were named after the leader of the organization - Xyrus.

How was it possible to keep a piece of land, hundreds of kilometers long, afloat? Magnetism? Then the land beneath the city would be affected by it. Did the city have its own gravitational field?"
I really should read the early chapters, missed details like these

The author posted a official map of dicathen on his patreon, it clearly shows how large xyrus is compared to the rest of the countries, so measuring their size shouldn't that difficult.

In addition, The Leywin's were going to use 3 weeks to travel from Ashbern to the mountain range just to access teleportation devices.

Granted, they were moving pretty leisurely, but it should give us the idea that those countries are pretty large

Back