• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tatsumi vs. Shirou Emiya (F/SN)

Burning_Full_Fingers

VS Battles
Retired
The fight takes place in front of Night Raid's base. Both have no knowledge of each other but recognize themselves as threats. To what, I don't know.

Tatsumi: 0

Shirou: 7

Standard Battle Assumptions

This is 4th form Tatsumi and Unlimited Blade Works Shirou limited to his 7-B weapons. Speed is equalized. Who wins? Oh, and Shirou doesn't have Avalon.

Tyrant isn't mobile? His flight is extremely fast and he got close to Esdeath, he's pretty quick in Tyrant form.

Well, didn't you see how fast Shirou spams weapons? He was even exceeding Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon spam, if I'm remembering correctly.

I don't see it piercing his incredibly strong hide and thick armor anytime soon. Also Regenerationn will keep him going even if he does get pierced.

It will. They're on the same level after all. And Gae Bolg negates Regenerationn, although it's not guaranteed to hit like Lancer's.

Like Esdeath? The person who pierced him with ice spikes from every angle and he tanked it? Esdeath had to make a huge continually growing spike to pierce him and he still healed fine, he only wanted to die because he was losing his mind.

So yeah, as mentioned it's not going to break before getting close.

That's like saying any 7-B to 7-A character wouldn't pierce Tyrant's skin and no one's going to accept that. Good luck trying to convince anyone of that if a Gilgamesh vs Tatsumi thread gets created, for example. Shirou's weapons are comparable to Gilgamesh's which killed Berserker who is the toughest servant physically. We could say Tatsumi could tank some though, but he will eventually get pierced.

So, should I change it to Tyrantsumi?

You misunderstood my point. I'm saying it isn't going to be easy for him to pierce it, perhaps I misread, because you implied it would get one shotted.

Also, no, Shirou's weapons aren't comparable to admittedly weaker noble phantasms. Plus his weapons get weaker over time IIRC.

Oh, okay. I didn't mean to imply that. I don't think Tatsumi is getting one-shotted, either.

I mean they're comparable to Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon.

At least City level to Mountain level with Unlimited Blade Works (Comparable to Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon, which easily killed Berserker).

I'm not sure what you mean by them being weaker than Noble Phantasms though. Can't particularly remember, but it must have been because of his diminishing magic reserves or something. Plus, that was the first time he used it on that scale.

I don't know how they're comparable but I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

I still vote Tats for being able to get close before Shirou kills him and being able to take him close quarters.

Tatsumi gets pincushioned to oblivion. While Shirou has the clear range advantage, he still has enough skills in close quarters combat to hold his own. He held his own against Archer, reacted to and dodged attacks from Lancer (the fastest Servant), and briefly battled against Kuzuki when he wasn't completely awakened as Archer. And his Rho Aias can tank several attacks from Gate of Babylon easily, so Tatsumi si not getting in that easily.

Tatsumi's flight is useless since not only he can't utilize range properly but also because Shirou can bring him down from hundreds of meters away. Also his evolution is useless as well since Shirou has a countless numbers of swords in stock he can use to kill Tatsumi.

Can't Tatsumi just fly over and drop in from above? Yes Shirou can hold is own but he'll never get his range advantage back as once Tatsumi gets close he won't let up.

This is fourth form Tatsumi so he doesn't have his fire breath, but he'll be more then capable of getting close and while Shirou will hold his own for a decent amount of time he'll have a lot of trouble breaking his armor let alone getting a fatal strike.

Shirou low-mid difficulty for reasons above.

He can trace Tatsumi's weapon and used it to destroy it leaving Tatsumi defenseless. And getting close to Shirou won't mean diddly squat if he can't get past Rho Aias. That shield tanked quite a lot of Gilgamesh's GoB weapons before giving out.

His sword spam is quite faster than Gilgamesh's, in fact his swords are instantly summoned to his side since they do not have to be created because they already exist inside UBW.

The fact that the speed is equalized makes this that more easier for Shirou to skewer him countless times. Tatsumi cannot dodge dozens of swords coming at him from different directions and angles because they move with the same speed he does. An omnidirectional attack of the same speed in undodgeable. Yes you can dodge one, but you'll be killed by the countless others.

Can't Tatsumi just fly over and drop in from above? Yes Shirou can hold is own but he'll never get his range advantage back as once Tatsumi gets close he won't let up.
No, not really. UBW allows him to move and summon swords anywhere he wants, he can surround Tatsumi in swords and kill him even if he's flying.

Oh yeah, I forgot that fight. Shirou for reasons above.

Starting to feel like Fate dwarfs Akame ga kill without speed :p

Gargoyle 1 said:
Starting to feel like Fate dwarfs Akame ga kill without speed :p
Probably. I'm thinking either Saber or Archer could take Esdeath, and Akame was losing badly against Assassin the last time I checked.

ScarletFirefly said:
He held his own against Archer, reacted to and dodged attacks from Lancer (the fastest Servant), and briefly battled against Kuzuki when he wasn't completely awakened as Archer.
Okay, except this reason, Shirou never dodged an attack from Lancer, unless you count the "Dodge" that he did when Lancer poked at him in the beginning, plus Kansho and Bakuya<<<Incursio and Spear, but the rest I agree.

Oh I'm voting Shirou, but I'm very sure he's screwed if Tatsumi gets close, especially considering his superior Archer counterpart got annihlated by Lancer even with his previous experience fighting a barely serious Lancer.

Considering the fact that UBW Shirou copied every single weapon fired by Gil during their clash, it's not above reason to say that he copied a ton of Dragon Slaying weaponry.

This is on top of weapons like Gram, Calibur, and Merodach, which hit well above Tatsumi's weight class.

Back