• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tatsumaki upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like a majority of users agree against this downgrade. And I've constantly kept repeating myself throughout the thread.

In the anime, we see a city sized area being destroyed. Once that happens it's explicitly stated 99.8% of A-City has been destroyed. This indicates that A-City is city sized. As a city sized area is described as 99.8% of A-City.

In the manga, after the ship destroys A-City, we see a massive shot of huge area outside this, where the buildings appear to still be errect and not destroyed. Indicating a country sized area has not been destroyed by that shot.

We have this shot that Dariel Senju points out which also indicates that A-City would not be country sized. Or that nothing suggests that massive area has been destroyed.

We have the points that Qawsedf234 brought up.

Lastly even if country sized cities were a 100% solid thing in the anime, this is just in secondary canon (No, a Twitter drawing from Murata showing a supercontinent earth does not immediately mean that these cities being country sized is substantiated in primary canon.)

We always take primary canon over everything else. Even in times when there isn't even a discrepency. Things like Daishinkan being the 2nd strongest person, SSB Vegito possibly being stronger than Beerus, Goku once using Hakai, Goku Black having SSJ, Vegeta having SSG are technically never contradicted by the anime. But since these only happen in secondary canon, we discard them entirely. Boros's Planet statement is only an exception due to the sheer amount of sources, including directly from the authors, and possibly a statement in main canon. Country sized cities are not like that.

Considering we have this, and multiple users (including some staff members I PM'd) have told me I should close this thread. Yet I gave over a day since then for some discussion to still be made. I feel like it is fair to close at this point. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back