• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TA's 9-B Bracket | Round 1

Round 1 has begun. For our first match we have Chef from the Game & Watch series represented: by the man with the Midas touch

Who is up against Ethan from the Payday series represented by: Paulo.junior.969

This is the tournament standings: https://challonge.com/p7oir0xj

IMG 1965
IMG 1966
Takes place in a standard arena (all tournament matches will be here)

Speed Equalised

Otherwise SBA

Chef (Game & Watch): 8 (CalebTB12, the man with the Midas touch, Litentric Teon, Psychomaster35, Edwardtruong2006, Kyschan21, Theglassman12, CinnabarManx421)

Ethan (PAYDAY): 1 (Jackythejack)

Inconclusive: 0

Yeah, Ethan is the more experienced, stronger, and better ability type of guy here to most likely win in many scenarios, and from my knowledge, I never see any Game and Watch characters (outside of Smash) have any experience because they never fight. So, voting Ethan.

I didn't even think about the G&W characters having literally zero fighting experience.

I'm also going to go with Ethan here.

Ethan fra. He's gonna have one heck of a time in the next round lemme tell ya.

Also hopefully the frank west match doesn't happen without me. I wanna be there for it

Mr. Game & Watch = Every G&W character in the history of ever so yes it's G&W.

Chef doesn't have that experience though

Chef would easily dominate the fight in close range since Ethan is only street level physically. So if Chef manages to close the distance it would probably be game over for Ethan even if he managed to injure chef beforehand. Chef limited duplication might come in handy in closing the gap here.

How far into wall level are Ethan's weapons?

The man with the Midas touch said:
Chef would easily dominate the fight in close range since Ethan is only street level physically. So if Chef manages to close the distance it would probably be game over for Ethan even if he managed to injure chef beforehand. Chef limited duplication might come in handy in closing the gap here.

Keyword:Close Range

Well, Ethan simply keeps his distance and shoots from his gun which is long range. It should be noted that the gun is simply considered much superior to the frying pan having a range advantage, and is stronger, whereas the frying pan is rather jackshit as a weapon with only close range and simply weak.

Psychomaster35 said:

Keyword:Close Range
Well, Ethan simply keeps his distance and shoots from his gun which is long range. It should be noted that the gun is simply considered much superior to the frying pan having a range advantage, and is stronger, whereas the frying pan is rather jackshit as a weapon with only close range and simply weak.
I would like to ask again how far into wall level are Ethan weapons? If their only baseline or a bit above baseline then chef would be able to pretty much just tank his bullets and close the gap.

Chefs AP, which presumably scale to his durability is 208909.3696605 joules or 208.9 KJ. so his guns are going to have to be around that value to have a significant effect on this matchup.

Ethan is far better equipped for combat, I won't deny that. But stats are also an important factor here.

Psychomaster35 said:
Maybe his gun would scale to this?
22,760J vs 208,909J. That gun is around 9 times weaker then Chefs physical stats.

Chef should be more than durable enough to survive his bullet fire, and then one shot him once he gets into melee range.

I'm now officially voting for chef.

Psychomaster35 said:
Maybe his gun would scale to this?
22,760J vs 208,909J. That gun is around 9 times weaker then Chefs phyical stats.
Chef should be more then durable enough to survive his bulllet fire, and then one shot him once he gets into melee range.
Well, how good is Ethan in melee combat then? I might change my vote here otherwise.

If Ethan's guns are 9x weaker then he literally can't hurt Chief unless he uses an explosion or something, which won't hurt the Chief like he'll expect it to.

Guess I'll also switch to Chief for the time being, since he has the dura to literally walk through a majority of Ethan's projectiles unscathed.

Eh, then again, we DID have characters who have no fighting experience against characters with fighting experience in which the one with no fighting experience wins (i.e. Ash Ketchum VS Shrek) so, I might as well side to Chef for now.

Done. Jack is gonna wake up shocked hahaha

Shall I wait to make the next match after the grace period? It would only make sense

Back