• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tapu Koko vs. Terra (Battle of the Electric Hair) (1 Vote Remains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
After discovering reports of high levels of energy coming from the region, Dr. Wily sends Terra to discover the source of this power on Melemele Island, hoping that whatever is the source of this energy will tip the scales in his favor against Dr. Light and the Blue Bomber. And finally, after wandering for an hour or so, he manages to stumble across the Ruins of Conflict, which seemed to be where the high levels of energy was coming from. However, as he was about to go in, the Guardian of Melemele appeared behind him, angry at the trespasser who invaded his island, and prepared to do whatever is necessary to protect his land.

In the blue corner, we have Tapu Koko from the Pokemon franchise, and in the red corner, we have Terra from the Mega Man franchise.

Tapu Koko
MMGB5-Terra-Art burned
-This battle is to the death. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-Neither character are allowed outside help.

-The battle takes place just outside of the Ruins of Conflict, giving Tapu Koko the home-court advantage.

-This battle features Composite Terra, and Tapu Koko has the Electric Seed and Tapunium-Z on him during this battle. (I am allowing him to use his Z-Move despite the fact that he doesn't have a Trainer.)

-Speed is equalized.

With all that being said, let the debate begin!

Tapu Koko: 3 (GameHearo266, The real cal howard, ProfessorKukui4Life)

Terra: 6 (The Smashor, BruceTheBatman, GyroNutz, Jasonsith, Dargoo Faust, Beamgc)

Inconclusive: 0

Well Tapu Koko already has an advantage starting out thanks to the Electric Seed though I don't think any of Terra's attacks would be classed as physical so never mind. Electric Terrain boosts the power of both their electric attacks though Koko has the advantage of resisting Terra's. Nature's Madness is really handy as Koko can knock Terra down to half health from the get go. Charge is also quite the advantage. A further boost to its next Electric-type move and a special defense buff which would likely help with taking Terra's attacks. Not sure if paralysis has its speed drop with equal speed but regardless once inflicted that chance of not moving is going to be detrimental to Terra. And if Terra's Paralysis Beam immobilizes opponents via, well, paralysis then its main effect is useless thanks to Koko's immunity. Description doesn't really specify how it immobilizes but the name tells you I guess. Anyways Koko's main issue with Terra is his teleportation. But Discharge's AoE should help with that. Also using Mirror Move to mimic Spark Chaser is very handy.

So I vote Tapu Koko.

Geez, if this goes through, it'll be three for three for a Legendary Pokémon to beat a Robot Master...

I mean, Terra has one major advantage. His 5-B comes from one shotting Mega Man (Or defeating him in the Manga whatever). Meanwhile Tapu Koko's 5-B teir comes from fighting an ultra beast exclusively. I'd say One shotting a 5-B character > Losing to a possibly 5-B character. When it comes to their resistances to each other's attacks, the thing about the Paralysis beam is that it really can't be compared to Pokemon's paralysis. In the games, and even Anime, Paralysis only partially restricts movement. Terra's freezes you in place completely. Terra himself isn't even really weak to anything excluding ground. Electric attacks "Hit Neuteral" as they say. Anyway, I'll see who has what better.

AP/SS: Terra. Like I said above, Terra's 5-B feat is FAR more reliable.

Movement: Terra Not to be confused with speed. Tapu Koko can fly, while Terra can teleport. Their range is the same, but I'd say due to their attacks Terra's teleportation would be more useful then Koko's flight. Homing projectiles vs flight and non-homing projectiles vs teleportation tend to be in the favor of the former and latter respectively.

Experience: Terra. It's implied that the Stardroids are anchent robots, and Terra was their commander. It's not much, but it's better then Koko's "Unknown", albeit slightly.

Durability and Stamina: Terra. It's outright stated (In Mega Man and Bass) that as of MMV, before the Mega Arm there were no attacks on earth that could harm Terra. Koko, meanwhile, is easily harmed by anything at Terra's level. Electric seed will help matters, but not much. Yes Koko can ignore durability, but he can't really kill anybody with those attacks. Also unlimited vs very high stamina.

Abilities: Koko. He's a pokemon, this is to be expected. But, while Terra only has three moves, these moves are useful in most situations. Let's list off the moves that are nearly useless to Tapu Koko in this fight. Quick Attack, False Swipe, Mean Look, Every electric attack weaker than Discharge or Wild Charge, etc... Mirrior Move lets Koko use a weaker version of Terra's attack for reasons stated above.

Yeah, I'd say Terra. Says the Mega Man fan...

@The Smashor

Those are really good reasons. In light of this, I would like to ask if you think giving Koko his Tapunium-Z back may help by some degree. I mean, after all, knocking Terra down by 75% of his health with Guardian of Alola may end up helping to turn things in Koko's favor. (Honestly, you probably know Terra better than me, so that's why I'd like to hear your opinion.)

No idea. Though in the context of a non-turn based battle if Koko could land Guardian of Alola on Terra, he could easily land two Natures Madnesses

Alright. Then I'm giving Koko back his Z-Crystal.

Primal Kyogre is 85ish zettatons of TNT via its planetary storm.

Primal Kyogre < Rayquaza < Mega Rayquaza = Deoxys (fought rayquaza) = Mewtwo (fought deoxys) < Mega Mewtwo >> Zygarde 50% (fought a zygarde who had fused with yveltal and lunala, who are both superior to Zygarde itself)

and Zygarde 50% is apparently comparable (slightly greater than) to ultra beasts who are comparable to the tapus.

Wily's satelittes are 666 zettatons of TNT at full power

Wily's satelittes < Sunstar < Mega Man < Terra

There's nothing solid to show that Tapu Koko is anywhere NEAR Terra's AP. Terra is almost 8x stronger from proven AP alone, and I'd argue that the gap gets bigger and bigger when we factor in scaling. What's more, Tapu Koko's electric surge will only prove to boost Terra's electric moves by 1.5x which means that Tapu Koko's electric resistance won't do much to close the massive gap.

Given this and Smashor's reasons, I don't see what Tapu Koko can do here. Terra one-shots with any attack and has far better mobility, combat experience, stamina and durability. This may be a stomp, but in the off-chance it isn't, it's one hell of a decisive victory.

@Gyro

Technically, your scaling chain is flawed. Mega Man had been upgraded heavily before fighting Sunstar, and with the same upgrades defeated Terra prior. But yeah, I'd say Terra should still be at least equal to Wily's satelittes.

Okay, I'm assuming Gyro voted, so I'll count that.

The real cal howard said:
...bro, Mega Rayquaza has two feats of his own linked in his profile lol.
ok, so mega ray = mega mewtwo at 239 zettatons who is far superior to zygarde 50% (like, at least 3x stronger) who is likely superior to the ultra beasts and by extension the tapus according to the mystery dungeon feat (which btw is around the same or superior to the accepted low ends of his other feat)

terra is 666 zettatons as terra should be equal to the wily satelittes at least imo. sounds fair.

terra still has an AP advantage of over 8x.

that should be fixed up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back