• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Beginning of series Asta
Post-Breath of The Sun Mastery Tanjirou
Speed equalized
Win via Standard Battle Assumptions

Tanjirou: 7

Asta: 1

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
I don't see what makes Tanjiro more skilled than Asta. If anything, they seem to be pretty even
Here is the thing if this was mid to late black clover i would have agreed, but this is BOS asta who has no formal training in swordsmanship in comparacion to tanjiro's 2 + years, the skill and experience gap gets even larger if you take kanroji's words about fighting an upper moon and surviving being worth 5-10 years worth of training because if you do that you have a kid who just swings iron around vs one kid who has been a very skilled swordsman and been constantly improving for 20+ years

What counts as BOS for Asta? Because he was trained by a very skilled swordsman before he joined the magic knights and showed to be able to learn very fast for him so if that's still BOS then Asta's skill is not that far from Tanjiro's.

What counts as BOS for Asta? Because he was trained by a very skilled swordsman before he joined the magic knights and showed to be able to learn very fast for him so if that's still BOS then Asta's skill is not that far from Tanjiro's.
From my understanding it is from the first arc to the end of capital invasion

From my understanding it is from the first arc to the end of capital invasion
So yeah he's pretty skilled, has two different swords, already started showing signs of reading ki and due to Fuegoleon's advice he tries to stay cool and think strategically and along with this he appears to gave more AP so I'm giving this one to Asta.

So yeah he's pretty skilled, has two different swords, already started showing signs of reading ki and due to Fuegoleon's advice he tries to stay cool and think strategically and along with this he appears to gave more AP so I'm giving this one to Asta.
I have not read Demon slayer but when you have people claiming that he can put a good fight against Yujiro, I don´t think this Asta can match that level of skill right now

If it was the second Key when he has Ki, I would vote for him, right now, waiting more input

First of all, Asta even at this point is more skilled than you think. He's not just a kid who swing swords, he trained 6 months with Fanzell, a sword user with at least dozens of years of experience. And we all know how good he is at learning the techniques of others.

Also, while it's true that Tanjiro trained more than Asta, this doesn't mean much especially since the latter is a better learner.

First of all, Asta even at this point is more skilled than you think. He's not just a kid who swing swords, he trained 6 months with Fanzell, a sword user with at least dozens of years of experience. And we all know how good he is at learning the techniques of others.

Also, while it's true that Tanjiro trained more than Asta, this doesn't mean much especially since the latter is a better learner.
I rewatch (no reread because Fanzel backstory does not appear in the manga and I wont search for a Novel that is not in my main language) and Fanzel trained Asta for "several days"

They met shortly after Asta gained his grimoire, then he met Fanzel, trained for several days and Fanzell leaves to searched Dominante after the Mariella attack, Asta got 1 month of trained at maximun, minimun 1 week

Last edited:
Yeah Tanjirou FRA

Asta in this key is still far inexperienced and most importantly he doesn't have the Ki sensing,
while Tanjirou has skill, experience, precon ect

Asta scales to 155.6 tons of TNT

Tanjiro scales above baseline 100 tons of TNT, if i'm not mistaken. The AP gap is 1.5 times, not much but Asta got little AP advantage.

Back