• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then make her durability high 8-C, to better reflect that.

@Wok Ive been meaning to, RWBY characters consistently take hits from characters above their AP because of their aura

Her semblance would still count as durability though, and is far less misleading to have listed in that way.

Aura works the same way energy shielding from Halo works, it can take up to a certain amount of damage before it breaks, and the creators of the series have likened it to a shield with a health bar.

I'll make a thread about it in a bit

link thread when done

WeeklyBattles said:
Longer range + comparable skill + one touch kill + Takeda needing to hit him multiple times in order to start doing any meaningful damage = a hard fought win for tyria
This sounds pretty biased.

Its really not. Like at all. Its an accurate representation of all the advantages Tyrian has over Takeda. Takeda has more versatility and higher stats but thats about it.

Really doesnt help that Tyrian is a low budget Akame

"but that's about it"

Okay.

Longer range, defensive aura, one touch kill that isn't going to work when he's fought and defeated people with a similar weapo

against...

Better AP combined with his fast attack speed to burn through aura, teleportation, plasma swords, weapons that he can hide for a surprise attack, defeated Ermac, Scorpio and his own dad who has better combat experience, sensory overload for incap

When has Scorpion's rope dart ever had the ability to poison people by so much as scratching them? Legitimate question, please answer.

Speed is equalized so their attack speeds are equalized, and how exactly does having plasma weapons make a difference here?

No, it doesn't matter if the spear is poisoned. He has dealt with this kind of weapon before, even Takeda himself uses it. He's not going to let himself get touched by it even without prior knowledge.

About that, Takeda can just hide them around and telekinetically recall them for a surprise attack from behind or pretty much any angle. Not everything is equalized, you can't just bring in a minigun to a speed equal fight and say that you can only fire it one bullet at a time. Same with Takeda, this guy delivers flurries of whip attacks by rapidly spinning them around.

Takeda having fast attack speed is moot when not only did Tyiran and Qrow fight at such high speeds that they appeared as a blur and looked like they were teleporting around the battlefield from Ruby's perspective, but Qrow has consistently fought at speeds that make him appear as blurs/invisible and appearing to teleport around the battlefield to those who watch him fight and Tyrian kept up with him just fine

Also Qrow is able to move his giant sword so fast it appears in multiple positions at once

So no, Takeda isnt beating Tyrian with higher attack speed

Also Qrow is able to move his giant sword so fast it appears in multiple positions at once

Did you just ignore this or...?

You put that before I noticed it, I got ninja'd. But that's Qrow, not Tyrian, unless this Tyrian has kept up with him without being affected by bad luck from Qrow.

Tyrian kept up with Qrow the entire fight yes, hell Qrow used that move like three times during their fight

As for the thing about trying to attack Tyrian from different angles and behind him, he was able to block several of ruby's bullets casually without even needing to look at them and mid combat he reacted to, dodged, and oneshot both Nora and ren who were trying to sneak attack him

Okay.

No, he's not reacting with speed equal. Again, reaction speeds are part of what makes this a speed blitz. This also doesn't mean that Takeda can teleport, just look at a Sans match with speed equal.

Speed being equalized doesnt mean a character cant react to another character's attacks, especially if theyre ranged attacks. Otherwise Tyrian wins immediately as by this logic Takeda cant react to Tyrian shooting him from a distance nor can he dodge Tyrian scratching his face or any unarmored part of his body.

I've already more or less stated every reason why Takeda wins this. At this point, whoever else us voting can look at what's been said and decide what they will.

I'm sticking with my vote, though. Takeda's better mobility, better versatility, far superior stats, experience against similar attacks, and general abuse of telepathy give him the edge over Tyrian. Voting him.

WeeklyBattles said:
Still waiting for Dargoo to make the aura thread so we can continue this
Uh

My aura revisions would change, like, nothing here.

Tyrian would just have a higher with Aura on his profile.

I'm confused as to why people think Takeda's armor negates Tyrian's stinger.

Like, his head is exposed. Tyrian would just go for that.

It doesn't kill instantly though; it would weake Takeda immediatly but it would take a while for him to be fully incapcacitated.

I'm on the fence in terms of skill as both are pretty good hand to hand combatants.

I have no idea where Tyrain gets dozens of meters with range. This isn't "dozens of meters". That said guns are typically misunderstood on the wiki a lot so eh.

Takeda certainly has better versatility with his abilities. TK, Telepathy, Attack Reflection, and (if Tyrian gets into h2h) sensory overload are all game-changers for this fight.

Takeda should take this with a reasonable amount of difficulty. Tyrian's skills and ranged options help and his poison ca close rounds but Takeda ultimatly has more advantages in powers.

Eh, Takeda's combos and Tyrian's fight with Qrow show of roughly equal skill IMO, although Takeda definitly has more of a flexible fighting style.

It's mostly his other abilities that give him a win here IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back