• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@King He would go for Takeda's unarmored parts like his face, though the poison would very easily melt his armor if it touches it

@Wok By that logic Takeda shouldnt be able to dodge Tyrian's tail as no one in RWBY has been able to dodge it including Qrow

WeeklyBattles said:
@King He would go for Takeda's unarmored parts like his face, though the poison would very easily melt his armor if it touches it
Melting the armor still doesn't infect him.

Takeda teleports, GG.

Well its not like its visibly undodgable or something, and doesn't seem to move that much faster, so I guess skill feats would be most relevant there. It's also a part of his body and would probably just scale to his own speed, as opposed to like a projectile. That being said, I still have no idea what Takeda's undodgable attack really is. ANyone care to explain that further?

Show me one time Takeda has spam teleported ever

Also Tyrian can freely control his tail and its several meters long, even if he teleports there's no guarantee he'd avoid it

He can still see how long the tail is. He just needs to teleport that much away.

>shooting at him

>when Takeda has far better ranged options than him and scales to bullet-timers

Good luck with that.

Meanwhile, Takeda can still overload his senses and take him out the moment they're even remotely close to each other. Which is far more than possible thanks to Takeda's teleportation as well as his rope-spears allowing him to pull himself closer.

That, or he could just demolish Tyrian in a ranged fight if the latter decides to go for that, because yeah.

WeeklyBattles said:
Show me one time Takeda has spam teleported ever
Also Tyrian can freely control his tail and its several meters long, even if he teleports there's no guarantee he'd avoid it
I let Takeda use his other abilities that he doesn't normally use, teleportation included.

The tail just makes him vulnerable to Takeda wrapping his whips around it, then pulling him Scorpion style and just hitting him.

@King >Takeda's tens of meters vs Tyrian's hundreds of meters with ranged weapons

>Tyrian has feats of casually swatting sniper rounds out of the air without even needing to look at them

Mkay

Takeda dodges until he's within range. Easy.

Good luck swatting attacks that are as far above his dura as Takeda's are.

You're also trying to go for two conflicting avenues at once. Either he spams at range or he moves in close in order to use his tail. One or the other, not both.

He can't fight at at distance and close the gap at the same time, which is common sense. Even if he could, getting within Takeda's effective range is suicide thanks to the latter having better AP and better options in just about every area (which Tyrian doesn't know), and sitting back and popping shots at Takeda is useless due to the latter being more than capable of reacting and dodging them. He could even get away with tanking a few, thanks to the AP difference.

So pick one. He either hangs back at a distance or he tries to get close. One or the other, not both.

Would've jokingly mentioned Fact Book!Chuck Norris if people's salt hadn't caused that profile to die a painful death.

Watch his fight with Qrow, he constantly switches between cqc and range spamming

He's entirely capable of doing both

Longer range + comparable skill + one touch kill + Takeda needing to hit him multiple times in order to start doing any meaningful damage = a hard fought win for tyrian

You say "longer range" and "one touch kill" like he has superior range with his one touch kill attack. He doesn't.

His one touch kill is also far too situational in this matchup, especially when everything else Takeda has decimates him.

If by "needing to hit him multiple times" you mean "needing to land all of two hits before Tyrian is left reeling", then yeah.

And again, telepathic sensory overload ends the fight right away.

In what way is his poison situational? One scratch on bare skin and Takeda is done for

Still waiting for any scans of him doing this

I think I'll go for Takeda for reasons above. Seems he has it where it counts.

Poison can end the fight pretty well but he'd need a clear shot and to not in turn get hit alot

@DMUA Such as? Everything Takeda has is something Tyrian and people equal to or far less skilled than him have dealt with before, Tyrian has far better range, and if he so much as scratches Takeda he's dead

Also just want to point out Tyrian does Scorpion's grapple move as well and he can use it to disarm opponents as well

It's situational when the majority of Takeda's body is covered in armor, and when Takeda can easily just dodge by teleporting or cut through the tail in two hits with his plasma swords.

And I'm still waiting for scans of 90% of what you've claimed in this thread. Source your arguments and I'll source mine.

Its really not situational given Tyrian knows how his own power works and hes not...yknow...a complete idiot. He goes straight for the kill and he knows what armor looks like there's no reason for him to randomly not aim for the bare skin that his poison will work on. Also it will take a lot more than two hits to get through Tyrian's aura

What would you like scans of? I will gladly post evidence.

So he's going to be aiming for the head the entire time? Because if so, that's just going to make his attacks easier to predict and dodge.

Refer to what I said before about his aura needing to have feats of tanking attacks that are a hair away from 8-A (or close to that) in order to not get destroyed by Takeda's AP. The AP gap suggests that such is not the case at all.

You can start by showing a scene of Tyrian's melting stone, since I'd like to see how long that takes and what's been said thus far doesn't work for gauging that.

Not necessarily no, Tyrian tends to fight unpredictably, but not only is his head an easy target but Takeda doesnt weak full plate armor, he wears a body suit with pieces of armor on it. Tyrian can very easily pierce those parts and poison him.

Weaker characters like Pre-timeskip Yang have taken dozens of consecutive attacks from characters much stronger than herself like Mercury Black and her aura remained in-tact. Hell even Weiss took a bunch of hits from Vernal before her aura went down and even then that was due to Vernal landing a full power attack at point-blank range on her. The gap here is only ~3x. Takeda isnt getting through Tyrian's aura as easily as you think.

There ya go, what next? Also the scans of things i asked from you?

From what I can tell, the difference between Mercury and Yang is nowhere near what the diference between Takeda and Tyrian is, so that point is moot. (I also have no clue where you're getting a ~3x gap from.)

The unarmored parts of his suit besides his face are places that would be difficult to target in a fight anyway. The only reliable thing to target is his head.

This is Takeda overloading a guard's senses with his TP. He tries something similar later on in his fight with Ermac, but gets overwhelmed by the sheer amount of souls that make up Ermac's consciousness and can't properly do it. He also uses his telepathy consistently in his fight with Reptile as a means of keepinf.

All of those fights can be found in the video, not too far after the scene of him knocking out the guard.

@King Merc scales to Pyrrha who can casually beat multiple people on Yang's level, and the gap between Weiss and Vernal is almost 10x. Tyrian is equal to Qrow who is equal to Raven who is much stronegr than Vernal who one-shot Weiss' Arma Gigas which stomped the Queen Lancer which was undamaged by an 18 ton attack.

Not really, he has a lot of parts that are left unarmored looking at all his outfits.

The video is unavailable, but even so thats two fights out of how many? Dozens? Why would he lead with it here?

WeeklyBattles said:
The video is unavailable, but even so thats two fights out of how many? Dozens? Why would he lead with it here?
I'll fix the link in a moment.
He only has six directly shown fights in the entire MKX Story Mode, and two of them happened before he had even learned of his telepathic abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back