• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tabuu´s waves are not omnidrecctional

That's like saying nukes aren't omnidirectional because the shockwaves from the blast move along the x axis.

For the last time, spot dodging is game mechanics. Show me how sidestepping a few inches would allow a character to avoid Mewtwo's telekinesis, TNT explosions, being run into by the Blue Falcon, dodge Norfair's lava, or move around Final Smashes like Mario Finale, Triple Finish, and for the third time, Zero Laser. Kirby can spot dodge Clanky Woods barreling towards him in his actual game, but there's no logical way for Kirby to just roll out of his way. And legit, what does perspective have anything to do with this at all? Yet another game mechanic you keep on arguing. Pretty much any platformer is on a 2D perspective, along with most fighters, but you never see that argument come up. If anything, a 2D perspective would support my argument because as a 3D object, a sphere can't be done properly in a 2D perspective, which in itself is a poor argument. You can't dodge it because it's not meant to be dodged without something that's a game mechanic by every definition of the word.

No, I think that waves that are shown to expand outwards that emit in a circular pattern that still moves forwards and backwards and the only character aware of the nature of the attack finds them unavoidable are omnidirectional.

First off, stop misrepesenting my argument.

A Nuke is an AOE Explotion, so it would create an SPHERE on the initial explotion that causes damage to anything on that area, but it has limited power, and thus, does not blow up the entire universe in a sphere of flames.

Now, Tabuu´s waves are not shown to hurt anything that is not toucched by it, as shown in the cutsccene on the OP, if the waves WERE omni directional, then they would be represented to a sphere or AOE that kills anything regardless their position on that area.

Sorry, but you are still wrong by basic logic.

BOMB
Notomi
Yeah, look at these two identical "attacks".

Find a scan of the waves affecting something that does not touch them or at least are represented on a sphericc like manner or you are done.

First off, drop that attitude.

Exactly. Yet a nuke still has shockwaves that travel across the ground.

What kind of argument is that? They do kill everything regardless of position, given how literally everyone is a trophy. Are you arguing that because it doesn't pulverize the ground, it's not AoE? First, inb4 tier 9 Tabuu. Second, what else is there?

Yes. They do look alike. You see that very clear explosion close to Tabuu's body?

What? Show me literally any AoE explosion in Dragon Ball that affects someone without the attack touching them. Or anime as a whole for that matter. I can't meet your demand because it's impossible. Because that's how attacks works. I can't believe I have to say this, but for the most part, something has to connect to have an effect. If you're saying that it has to linger to be considered AoE, like how a nuke doesn't vanish right a way...it doesn't.

Also, with your logic, Beerus's and Goku's infamous clash only works on a 2D perspective, as we only see the waves expanding on the y axis.

Ironically, even if the OP is right in the end, the level of condescention and attitude being used here will make this debate pretty pointless overall regardless.

Friendlysociopath said:
None of this is my problem. Im simply going off of whats accepted, and whats accepted is Tabuu scaling much above MH, who scales much above the mentioned legendaries because of seeing them as literal toys.

Whether the reasoning is right/wrong isn't up to me.

Im not pushing for any scaling nor tier, just that Tabuu´s waves are not omnidirectional.

I personally dont support the whole "Tabuu sees ccharacters he has never interacted in the story mode before as toys" thing, but this thread´s purpouse is that the waves are not logically omni directional.

---

A nuke´s waves (notice that im refering to the WAVES, nothing else) dontattack the ground nor the sky, there is air and radiation being propelled at high speed when a nuke is detonated, but the WAVES are not in any shape or form omni-directional. They would just be affeccting anything in 360 degrees on a 2D plane, again, like a disk.

That's not how nukes work at all. The pressure wave of a bomb or nuke is absolutely omnidirectional, but due to all the dust and shit near the ground itb won't appear as such. Notably, the reason that the 100 megaton tsar bomba wasn't tested was that the plane would not escape the pressure wave caused by the detonation, and airplanes aren't on the ground. I'm indifferent towards tabuu, but that's a terrible example to use.

Not taking anything on the Omnidirectional waves, but here is why we have the "see x character as a toy"

Because when you defeat the master hand on the Smash (Not the Wii one, the old one, the Melee, if I am not mistaken), the hand disappears and all the characters are just deposed as if they were toys.

So yeah, Master hand see everyone as a toy (And that includes Palkia and Arceus respectively) and Tabuu is stronger than him by a unknown degree, understood?

I still see it fishy, and we dont know if Master hand in Brawl is the same in Melee, now that ive seen the throphy descriptions from both Master Hand Throphies, they do not reference Master Hand being the creator of the smash world till Brawl.

But, like ive said before, this thread is about the waves, any other disccussion about the tiering should be made in another thread.

I can see where both points lie and am slightly tetering in agreence of the Empress of ╠ÂS╠Âa╠Âs╠Âs╠ Demons, but I can't say for sure

I mean, omni directional means that the attack would be like an sphere instead of waves.

I am pretty sure that concept isnt that hard to grasp.

Both the cutscenes and the gameplay show the waves to be waves, not spheres expanding in all directions. (Aka. Omnidirectional)

Back