• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tabbers Template Replacement Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says a lot when I just managed to push our Article List Templates to 1,000 different Templates.

It has been a long road, but we are nearing our destination.

Yes. You are all awesome for helping out so much.

Thank you to those who are helping out. It is incredibly appreciated.

helped with some but the rest are either locked or complicated to me
so i'll leave it at that i didn't help as much as i wanted but oh well

helped with some but the rest are either locked or complicated to me
so i'll leave it at that i didn't help as much as i wanted but oh well
No problem at all. Thank you for helping out.

The remaining profiles are either from Shinza Banshou, which are pending deletion currently, or Vivid Red Operation, which has an extremely confusing Tab2 layout.

@NoMoreTalking @Mariogoods Since there are no listed supporters for Vivid Red, I am contacting you since you created pages for this verse in regards to how we should handle this in regards to this project.

The remaining profiles are either from Shinza Banshou, which are pending deletion currently, or Vivid Red Operation, which has an extremely confusing Tab2 layout.

@NoMoreTalking @Mariogoods Since there are no listed supporters for Vivid Red, I am contacting you since you created pages for this verse in regards to how we should handle this in regards to this project.
I think it could be like how we treat Fate profiles.

How so? After all, from what I'm seeing, the Vivid characters are a fusion between the main character and the appropriate matching character for each separate form.

Half the reason I slowed down with this project was because of Vivid Red.

I just couldn't think of a way because many of the template names are just 'Consciousness'.

Okay. So just remove Akane from the tabs entirely and make the templates exclusively with the Vivids and their unfused counterparts?

Is this what you are proposing?

I'm thinking we just axe at least a portion of the profiles unless they see a massive improvement, honestly.

Most have only been edited by two or three people each (including bots), one of which is the verse creator (that being Mariogoods). There's no links, and most haven't even been changed for nearly 9 months to a full year. It's also unlikely they'll ever be changed because there's no knowledgeable members or supporters listed anywhere.

I'm not necessarily suggesting we delete the verse outright, just that we can axe a few profiles. But that's a matter for the deletion thread.

For now, I think we can just replace consciousness with the individual form names, like Rei is currently.

I am fine with if you think that the best solution is to delete some profile pages.

I don't think that this verse is not salvageable, like you seem to be implying. But, as you have said, that conversation is for the deletion thread.

Currently, Mariogoods gave us a perfectly reasonable solution. Remove the parts involving Akane, and just categorize the Vivid characters with their unfused counterparts. That seems to work for me.

I don't think that this verse is not salvageable, like you seem to be implying. But, as you have said, that conversation is for the deletion thread.

Currently, Mariogoods gave us a perfectly reasonable solution. Remove the parts involving Akane, and just categorize the Vivid characters with their unfused counterparts. That seems to work for me.
Another solution is that:
{| class="about-article" style="{{#if: {{{minwidth|}}} | min-width: {{{minwidth}}}em; }}"
!
|style="color: white; background-color:#046FB1" | <center> '''Articles about [[Template:Akane Isshiki|<span style="color:white">Akane Isshiki</span>]]''' </center>
|-
!Shows
| [[Akane Isshiki]] ([[Vivid Blue]] • [[Vivid Green]] • [[Vivid Yellow]]] • [[Vivid Red]])
|}
{{-}}
<noinclude>[[Category:Article List Templates]]</noinclude>

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Maybe we could do something like Godzilla.

Or maybe we could have a template for the Vivid Forms as a whole, and then give each of the forms their own individual templates for the fusees.

Okay. I updated the template, making two layers, Base and Vivid, and adding the unfused characters under parentheses.

Should I change the name to something more encompassing for all the characters, not just Akane?

Congratulations everybody! Thank you all for the assistance on the project. When I proposed this update to our format for profiles, I knew it was going to be a big job but I didn't fully grasp just how long it would take. Thankfully however, it is complete which shows that even massive projects on this wiki affecting nearly 5000 pages can be complete in just over four months.

Yes. Congratulations and massive thanks to everybody who helped out here. You are all awesome. :)

Somebody needs to write an instruction section for our standard format for character profiles page though.
There is still this issue though.

See here:

And maybe here:

Thank you. Please write a draft first.

We may also need to ask our image helpers to update the header image in the standard format for character profiles page.

Thank you.

Does somebody know of a way to display the source code without an image, so it can be easily copy-pasted and then modified when needed?

Also, different types of template layouts (simple ones and with multiple sections) should preferably be included as examples.

I tried displaying it on the page with no wiki code but it wasn't formatted properly.

Another way to do it might just be to put the template in fully and tell people to view the source code to see for themselves. But I think having the image there may help just for demonstration purposes too.

How about using the same type of code as in the linked section below, in order to make your intended layout structure demonstration work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back