• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The article currently used for its speed: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/t-rex-couldnt-run-research-tyrannosaurus-rex-university-of-manchester/

The study's simulation has some issues. For example, they limit the stride greatly by making it graviportal. The Tyrannosaurus, like all other theropods, had long metatarsals and tibiotarsus, all articulating in a way that absorbs stresses in the joints. In the simulation, they restricted this, effectively making it a bipedal elephant. Imagine an ostrich, but it can't move it's legs properly, thus resulting in a slow, non-running ostrich, due to its loss of proper function. As well as Tyrannosaurus rex having pneumatic bones, a 4-chambered heart, superb eyesight, an extended tibia, enlarged rib cage, some of the strongest legs of any of the large theropods, and a fused metatarsal. These are the traits of a creature designed to run. For example, the Giganotosaurus has all of these traits and could run 48―56 km (about 31 mph), whose largest discovered specimen is larger than Sue, the current largest model for a T. Rex ever found. So if a creature with the same body structure that is the same to larger in size can run why couldn't a T. Rex?

I believe the study isn't executed properly and we shouldn't base the T. Rexes' speed on it.

This does seem important; reducing T-Rex speed to normal human speed and Giganotosaurus to peak human speed seems fine, but prefer more input.

I don't believe it should be comparable to Giganotosaurus' speed, but it should be Athletic Human to Peak Human due to consistently having around 25 mph as an average to maximum speed brought up in studies.

T rex is already Normal Human I'm trying to upgrade it's speed. Because its original top speed was limited to 25 mph due to its weight, but we base its speed on a new study which I believe is incorrect.

Back