• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Art Online: Alicization - Discussion Thread

Gemmysaur

VS Battles
Retired
This thread got a bit out of hand so the people there agreed to make an official discussion thread for Project Alicizatio.

0000 KIDito

Fun fact: Kirito spent time in his UW avatar than any other avatar. His second longest is his SAO avatar at 2 years. His UW avatar was at a whopping 13 years (an entire childhood).

To start off, I did some research and found a Kirito respect thread that featured some Alicization feats.

Rundown of the first feat:

Kirito notes that his SAO avatar has better physical capability than his UW (Underworld, referring to Alicization's world, the same way Aincrad is to SAO's first arc). That gives us hint, divided as it is that SAO avatars are potentially higher in stats, or UW has lower physical stats, but really high magical ones.

Although my physical ability in the Underworld didn't reach mine at the end of the SAO period that would make a B movie's ninja ashamed, it still far more nimble, yet brawny, when compared to the real world. Placing my right foot on the bar, I steadily placed my left hand onto the wall while lifting my body up in a single stroke and succeeded in standing atop the thin, metallic rod.

(Alicization Dividing, 42) - quote from the reddit

Kirito's clash with Fanatio shook an entire floor of the cathedral (possibly the whole thing). The Axiom Church Central Cathedral is 100-storeys high and its peak is hidden above the clouds. It's made of high-grade marble and is self-repairing.

Img

The huge, pitch-black spear's tip made contact with the huge spear that was the gathered light of Solus. The explosive shockwave intensely shook the entire grand cloister... possibly the entire Central Cathedral itself.

(Alicization Rising, 263) - quote from the reddit

Kirito mentioning the height of the floor. Guesstimates though.

Each floor of the tower should be around six meters, inclusive of the floor's thickness, so the eightieth floor, ┬½Cloudtop Garden┬╗, where I fought with Alice would be at a relative height of four hundred and eighty meters—no, adding on fiftieth floor, ┬½Grand Cloister of Spiritual Light┬╗, with its abnormally high ceiling, about five hundred meters, huh.

SAO vol.13 Alicization Dividing

A portion of the floor area. It's at least 100 meters wide, as each bath is 50 meters, with an unknown amount of flooring in-between. This is in the 90-91

It must have used up the entire cathedral floor, with the wall on the other end so far away it appeared white and hazy. The bath took up nearly all of the floor area and was halved by the path stretching straight out from where Alice and I stood, but each of them were a pool with a size of fifty meters, or so they appeared to me.

SAO vol.13 Alicization Dividing

More to come, but since this is already really long, I'll do any additions on the comments instead.

KIRITO FEAT COMPILATION

Kirito's clash with Raios smashed all the windows and shakes the room.

pastebin link to save space

Deflects Alice's strike.

pastebin link

relevant Alice feat (slashed through steel-like mooks' limbs)

relevant durability of enemy related to Alice's feat (more durable than steel and fists that can crush boulders)

Holds back an attack from Deusolbert that can devastate a lot of infantry goblin mooks.

feat

Deusolbert killing 42 goblins in one shot

img

Lifts a 1 meter diameter barrel of straw (390 lbs).

feat

Where the weight came from

Blocks Administrator's sword golem's attack

feat

golem stabbing through Alice's armor

Carries Alice up the outer walls

feat

Alice's sword is as heavy as a boulder

climbs 90 meters up
Keeps steady and combat-ready despite getting hit by multiple light beams from Fanatio's Release Recollection. Note that he can feel pain in Alicization.

feat

Kirito dodging the light beam and it melts straight through the marble floor of the cathedral

Wounds from the light beams cauterized his wounds, and he still could fight
Kirito using magic.

light magic that is basically, a flash of light

anti-poison spell

A five-layered ice-element RHO freaking AIAS

3 flame arrows

tracking spell for his sword

mirror spell (he used the spell before the light beam shot out though)

creates metal pitons out of nothing but the ambient energy in the air

meat bun heating spell

tracks Eugeo's sword

homing firebirds

restoration magic restoring his plant

INCARNATE SYSTEM - extending Vorpal Strike's range to 15 meters because he ca

INCARNATE SYSTEM - SAO avatar form img

NOTE: This is from the respect thread only. I'm gonna reread the novels to find more, especially the specifics of Kirito reacting to and fighting against Fanatio's light beam.

Not sure if this needs a highlight, and are your comments supposed to be linked?

It's in progress, and I put it there in advance so it's at the top of the comments list.

Re: highlight, sorry. I thought it was good enough for that, in case others want to help.

Alright then, to make sure we get the more important feats, do you mind if I (or you can too) remove those that won't have that aren't that high?

I can do it if you and/or others deem it not high enough, or you can do it but tell us just so we know.

K

BTW, from what I'm getting here are some of the additions to the profile:

Abilities:

Lifting Strength: Likely SuperHuman (Lifted about 180 kg of straws with ease, carried Alice who carries a sword with about the weight of a boulder.)

Speed: At least Lightspeed. likely FTL (Managed to create a mirror to reflect a ray of light before it hit him, and is comparable to Fanatio, who dodged a ray of light, albeit barely.)

Range: Likely Extended Melee range normally, can change his range through the use of spacial manipulation. Vorpal Strike can reach up to 15 meters.

SomebodyData said:
K
BTW, from what I'm getting here are some of the additions to the profile:

Abilities:

Lifting Strength: Likely SuperHuman (Lifted about 180 kg of straws with ease, carried Alice who carries a sword with about the weight of a boulder.)

Also, I've heard that there are LS / FTL feat in this arc? Do you think there is a list?
https://plus.google.com/101767385817147999306/posts/FM5Av8pxugU

He can be FTL+ or MFTL+ in the arc via this calc.

Even if we ignore that calc, i think he could have FTL feats due to the constant lasers getting thrown around, though i don't remember if anyone actually ever dodged one of these. Also yes, Incarnation is basically low-level Reality Warping (though it can go way higher depending on the user), and he should also get Healing, Darkness Manipulation and Air Manipulation.

At least High 8-C, likely higher would be fine, i think. They could always have better feats though, so i think we should leave that to when we have all of their noteworthy feats here.

@NotEven lasers? You do understand that most ficitional lasers aren't actually LS? Or did you mean rays of light or the like?

SomebodyData said:
@NotEven lasers? You do understand that most ficitional lasers aren't actually LS? Or did you mean rays of light or the like?
With lasers, i mean rays of light being used as attacks, yeah. And in this case, i think there's enough proof for a legit LS rating.

NotEvenHuman said:
SomebodyData said:
With lasers, i mean rays of light being used as attacks, yeah. And in this case, i think there's enough proof for a legit LS rating.
Did he react to said lasers?

Fanatio's Release Recollection reflects the fact that the sword was once a mirror, as it draws the light in the area and concentrates it into light beams.

I can't remember the exact happening, but it involved Kirito catching the light beam with his Night Sky sword, and eating the light beam away. I'm gonna recheck it once I get the time.

He didn't really catch it, he used his own RR, which shoots out a beam of darkness, and met her in a beam clash. But since Kirito's sword was made from the Gigas Cedar, his beam can absorb light, so his attack ended up absorbing hers.

Gemmysaur said:
Fanatio's Release Recollection reflects the fact that the sword was once a mirror, as it draws the light in the area and concentrates it into light beams.
I can't remember the exact happening, but it involved Kirito catching the light beam with his Night Sky sword, and eating the light beam away. I'm gonna recheck it once I get the time.
That would make sense due to Kirito being able to absorb any type of energy via Night Sky Sword, but yeah if he caught the beam of light then it would most likely be a FTL feat. Due to the nature of light also, though reacting to light would either 1-10x FTL depending on how quick or how casually it was done.

Fanatio dodging her own light beam being reflected back at her.

The Heaven Piercing Sword shone dazzlingly, projecting the ray of light that would ring his death knell at his heart.

"Discharge!"

It was in that instant when that scream reached Eugeo's ears. Directly before Fanatio's sword shone, Kirito slapped his two hands together with a 'pan!' and held them out in front. What appeared before his palms was a single sheet colored silver.

No, that's not it. It wasn't merely a sheet of metal. The perfectly level, square sheet clearly reflected Fanatio's helmet while the knight stood in front of Eugeo.

Eugeo's eyes perceived elements of two different hues grasped in those hands before they were slapped together. The light on the right hand was that of metal elements. It was used to fire needles or create trifling tools, the metallic-type element. And what the left hand held were crystal elements. It was the glass-type element used to create imperceptible barriers and glass cups. With those two formed into the shape of a sheet and layered, the object created was— A mirror. The light spear that concealed an extreme heat hit the mirror created by Kirito's art ritual and changed it from silver to orange in the blink of an eye.

The Lives for tools created from elements were low all along. Even if a knife looked the same on the outside, compared to one forged from ore that could last for tens of years, one formed from metal elements would exhaust its Life in sheer hours and dissipate. That mirror should be no exception, it was highly doubtful it would have the endurance to deflect the Heaven Piercing Sword's light.

As Eugeo's fleeting thought predicted, the mirror survived in the air for only a mere tenth of a second. The glass and metal melted into a fluid that scattered about and the light ray went straight at Kirito, retaining eighty percent of its radiance.

However, the instant's worth of reprieve forcibly brought about wasn't wasted on Kirito either. It was hardly anything, but he succeeded in tilting his frame towards the left and the light singed only a part of his black hair and cheek before it streamed behind.

And the remaining twenty percent of the light caught by the mirror— Was deflected at an acute angle and sprung upon Fanatio's helmet.

It shouldn't have been a predictable move, but as expected of the second integrity knight, the light ray was dodged with a head tilt to the right with reflexes on par with Kirito or higher. However, the knight couldn't protect the decorative wings that grew on the helmet's left and right. The decoration on the left was shot by the light and the clasp disintegrated with it—the helmet broke into two, front and back, immediately after.

I'll get to their clash in a few hours, but if anyone wants to do it, it's in Vol.12 Alicization Rising.

Gotta get to work now.

Finally got around to reading it up. Here's Kirito reacting to the light beam.

That was the exact moment the Heaven Piercing Sword fired what was likely its final and greatest beam of light.

It was a gigantic spear of light, large enough to fit all of the light rays it fired thus far and more. It was like the Holy Spiritual Light itself, personally thrown by the goddess, Solus, to drive away Darkness God Vector during the world's creation, had swooped to incinerate all that exist.

Kirito's black eyes flared wide open and were gleaming with overwhelming resolve. His voice that recited the final verse was filled with an unwavering determination befitting the dire circumstances.

"Enhance armament!!"

Facing straight ahead, the blade of the black sword pulsed.

Immediately after, strands of darkness flowed out from all over the blade. The pitch-black torrent that seemed to suck in all light rippled, twisted, and entangled within itself. They became a spear, thick enough to wrap one's arms around, in an instant and progressively pushed forward.

. . .

The huge, pitch-black spear's tip made contact with the huge spear that gathered Solus's light. The explosive shockwave intensely shook the entire grand corridor… possibly the entire Central Cathedral itself.

Perhaps even the giant tree was oppressed by the heat and intensity of the light that went beyond imagination, for it lost its momentum in charging forward. But endless darkness continued to stream out from the black sword in Kirito's hands, trying to spur the spear forward to the bitter end.

Kirito blocking light
>>>> Image implies Kirito's darkness met the light beam halfway, though that could just be the ability of Gigas Cedar eating through the light like Pacman in a candy store.
As you guys can see, the light beam fired out, and Kirito managed to get Enhance Armament off to catch and absorb it.

Note that prior to this, Kirito and Fanatio was locked in sword combat only to be stopped by Eugeo using Enhance Armament to freeze her and her incoming knights. Fanatio tried to jump away, but Kirito jumped first, and used her as a stepping stone by the shoulder, and backflipped away.

Distance is unknown at that point. That, and there was no mention of Kirito moving his arms up to point it to the light, but...

He was however, facing Eugeo prior to it being fired, and facing Fanatio as the light beam was shot. That could be calcable, the speed it took for Kirito to move his head.

Considering the unknown distance, I think it's safe to use at least 50-75 meters for this (50 being the length of the bath at the 90+ floors (2 of those + some walking area in between makes up the whole floor)) as it's a bit weird to assume Fanatio suddenly standing with her back to the wall and Kirito backflipping towards the other end.

Thoughts?

Gonna have to disagree with a big fat NO to that MFTL calc. Them being in an accelerated reality does not matter to their reactions because they are still reacting in relative real time.

It doesn't matter how fast the world is accelerated if they are accelerated with it all the same, the same way a car will never outspeed a person, if said person is driving the car.

Gemmysaur said:
Gonna have to disagree with a big fat NO to that MFTL calc. Them being in an accelerated reality does not matter to their reactions because they are still reacting in relative real time.

It doesn't matter how fast the world is accelerated if they are accelerated with it all the same, the same way a car will never outspeed a person, if said person is driving the car.
I can see where you point, now I will show my side:

The truth is since this is more on mental acceleration, or time acceleration that happens to the mind, it can be said to be very well at least reactions.

Oh screw it, RW and VR can be so odd.

But why you gotta be so rude?

I would say, many assumptions had to be placed here. Do only those who are directly connected to the game get to feel the acceleration effects and all? That is some questions that has no answer.

None of the people in UW know of the acceleration, even Kirito, iirc. Hell, they had to set the world to slow down to real time to even talk to Kirito.

Mental acceleration won't count since it's not them reacting to anything. They're still reacting to the world at relatively normal speeds. If anything, it's more like DBZ's time chamber where time is slowed down to a crawl so they can train for a long time without taking too long, but sped up instead.

On another note, I wasn't being rude. Sorry if it came out this way, but you have to give cold, hard proof that they can react to MFTL stuff, not that they scale because time accel.

No, the web novel Kirito knows perfectly about the acceleration, set to 200 years, albeit probably unsure whether how much this would take up in the real world, but from that perspective, was merely 20 minutes.

How this acceleration works is accelerating people's sense and persepctive of time, in short like a pump of adrenaline that makes people react more than they should, makes time seem slower to the person, while time flies fast when engaging in a relaxing thought something like that.

Next time, just say no, not a big fat no.

Looking back at how his clash with Fanatio melted a sizeable portion of the walls of The Central Cathedral..how much is that?

Back