• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Swamp Thing (Classic) Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABoogieYesSir

They/Them
Note: 2-C to 2-A Key

Swamp Thing Art
Swamp Thing is the ultimate avatar of The Gree

Self-Sustenance (Type 1 and 3) Doesn't need to breathe, Doesn't need to sleep)

Immortality (Types 2) Can survive without a head

Non-Corporeal (His consciousness can exist without his body, His mind is a function of his astral body, and isn't linked to his brai)

Body Control: Grows a 3rd Arm in the ground

Can grow spikes

Creates a blade while in combat with Superma

Intangibility (Can make bodies out of intangible elements, such as water or clouds)

Morality Manipulation: Makes a stone servant

Sleep Manipulation: Swamp Thing uses Acid to calm an enraged Superma

Wood Absorption: Creates another set of armor by absorbing wood

Body Puppetry: Takes control of John Constantine to make him walk after he passed out

Flight: Swamp Thing creates his own wings to fly

Omnipresence | Nigh-Omnipresence (Is one with the planet)

Holy Manipulation (Absorbed wood from the Garden of Ede, and can use it to create an armor to protect him from demons

Higher-Dimensional Existence: Swamp Thing exists as a Higher Dimensional Conceptual being beyond all of Creation

Transmutation: Manipulates the flora in someone's gut to turn them into a tree

Summoning: Summons Vines

Dimensional Travel (His essence can jump into another universe and create a new body for him there to access other dimensions, Can travel to another layer of reality)

Astral Projection Can enter the afterlife

Optional Equipment: Can access the Mother Box which contains a lot of power/abilities ([1]) Mother Box Power& Abilities: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Mother_Box

Creation (Created a body which looked like his wife, Created a new body for Anton Arcane, Created an entire town filled with people)

Biological Manipulation (Can make humans explode without having to touch them, Can alter the chemical balance in someone's brai)

Air Manipulation | Sound Manipulation Can build air conditioning and make music with his plants (Can control air)

Mind Manipulation His plants can make others act primordially

Invaded Aquaman's mind

Controlled Killer Croc into going to his swamp

Magma Manipulation and Water Manipulation (Can access The Melt and The Blue, which connect all magma and water in the same way The Green connects all plant life, Has control over all water on Earth)

Fire Manipulation (Can communicate through fire)

Electricity Manipulation (Can summon lightning or create electricity from his hands)

Weather Manipulation (Can create thunderstorms)

Blood Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, and Death Manipulation (Can control the human bloodstream, Can freeze blood inside a person, dry out their cranial fluid, burst a person's heart or instantly dehydrate them)

Earth Manipulation | Life Manipulation (Can reshape mountains, possess an area of land, cause earthquakes, give life to stones and gain control over Earth as a whole), (Can control air)

Vibration Manipulation (Can control vibrations)

Absorption | Energy Absorption (Can draw power from other planets)

BFR (Can teleport others through the Gree),

Acid Manipulation (Dissolves a rock monster with acid while others watch)

Teleportation (Can teleport anywhere on the planet, as well as to other planets, even if they are light-years away)

Time Travel (After the Dominator's overwhelmed Swamp Thing's senses and forcing him to flee in a blind panic, he accidentally travelled in time back to WWII

Again travels in time, this time to 1872

Shows Swamp Thing in Astral form traveling through time

His experience with the Parliament shows his potential to re-animate dead plants, time travel, control multiple bodies, indirectly control insects, etc

Technological Manipulation (Can take control over technology)

Status Effect Inducement (Can blind the opponent)

Stealth Mastery (Sneaks up on a soilder)

Perception Manipulation (Can release a chemical which makes the opponent have hallucinatio, Can create plants that allow those who eat them to see the world as he does)

Animal Manipulation (Released a plague of insects upon Gotham City)

Telepathy (Can read mind by touching the Gree as well as accessing someone's memories, Can communicate with others telepathically, Read the memories of a dead child, Can read the memories of a book, since pages on the book were once a tree )

Possession (Can take control over someone else's body, Possessed Constantine)

Memory Manipulation (Can place memories into fruits, so whoever eats them will be able to read the memories),

Extrasensory Perception (Is aware of what goes on around him through the Gree, Can sense all planets on the globe, Can sense alteration on the Green down to a sub-molecular level, Can sense all life on the planet at once and see through their eyes, Can easily locate anyone on the planet, Can sense when beings enter Earth from other planets)

Information Analysis (Can scan others)

Resistance to Possession | Purification Can remove spirits from his body

Resistance to Mind Manipulation: Resist's Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth

Resistance to Heat Manipulation: Withstands Superman's Heat Vision

Swamp Thing Resist's HeatWaves

Resistance to Pain Manipulation (Swamp Thing doesn't feel pai)

Equipment: White Lantern Ring.

Black Lantern Swamp Thing

Maybe Death Manipulation or Aura??: [2]

Weakness: Needs the Green to survive. If it is destroyed in all the universes it exists in, Swamp Thing will cease to exist. Can be hurt by things beyond his true power Makes that up with his Regenerationn. Pollution.

• Nigh-Omnipresence is being nearly everywhere in existence, not just a planet.
  • For Time Travel, further context of the scans might be needed. Since he seems confused, is this something he did purposefully, or something that happened to him?
  • Not sure if that's true Illusion Creation or just more examples of Biological Manipulation.
  • Not sure about Resistance to Power Nullification, more context would be good.
The other abilities seem fine at a glance.

• Updated
And Hallucinogens are (Uses on Batman which I consider it as Illusion Creation or Perception Manipulation) is a drug that causes hallucinations (profound distortions in a person's perceptions of reality). Under the influence of hallucinogens, people see images, hear sounds, and feel sensations that seem real but do not exist. Some hallucinogens also produce rapid, intense emotional swings. Hallucinogens cause their effects by disrupting the interaction of nerve cells and the neurotransmitter serotonin. Distributed throughout the brain and spinal cord, the serotonin system is involved in the control of behavioral, perceptual, and regulatory systems, including mood, hunger, body temperature, sexual behavior, muscle control, and sensory perception.

Have you asked everybody that I linked to?

Instead of nigh omnipresence it would just be limited omnipresence,

Swamp thing has been consistenly thought to be able to manipulate the timestream using yggdrasil and has travelled through time before, by using the green which connects to the timestream , all the scans are in issue 87 of the classic swamp thing (credit to lephyrtherevochrist for the scans, he should be the go to guy for swamp thing stuff, if he ever comes back)

thats him causing hallucinations with the usage of gases, but not him directly mind haxxing his opponent

he came back with his immortality and not his Regenerationn as they operate differently, so he didn't resist regen negation, he just came back with immortality

Idk I made up the term on the spot but it should make sense lol, if the battle is on earth or anything he would be omnipresent within that area unless the fight goes outside of it for some reason.

yea

Looks good at a quick glance. In addition to the other changes people brought up, that would be elemental intangibility.

Elemental intangibility is stuff like bring unable to be touched because you can turn into water or electricity or whatnot

(Don't get on my case about water being a bad example)

Also limited omnipresence is an oxymoron, it's just large size at that point

"Can travel to another layer of reality"

• Doesn't look like he did that, the other feat for Dimensional Travel is fine, I think.
  • The Mother Box would be Optional Equipment (or formerly if that thread about Optional Equipment is ever done).
  • (The first) Mind Control is Mind Manipulation. The former is more of a "you do as I say".
Absorption | Energy Absorption (Can draw power from other planets)

All the rest is good except...Resistance to Regenerationn Negation and maybe the (Elemental) intangibility, the latter is due to the fact that he became those elements but never used them to pass through stuff. And for the Resistance, he got momentarily disconnected from the green, which I remember happened to him by something common somewhere when reading the stuff in this thread (not saying it wasn't PIS in that occasion or in both), he just got distracted/dazy/something and connected to the green again.

The fact that he can connect to the green when disconnected should be added to the profile as well (not any specific power, just as some words saying he can do that). Seems important as it would otherwise look like an explorable weakness or something.

Eficiente seems to make sense in his evaluations as usual.

However, somebody should preferably ask Matthew to comment here. He seems to be very interested in the Swamp Thing character.

Most seems legit. The only problem here is that some of the powers are not the powers of regular swamp thing but the powers he gained after being a champion of the other Parliaments

Also, just checked the Swamp Thing profile.

Saw this as a justification for his Base Swamp Thing key.

(Described as being one with the World / Universe multiple times, and holds control over the forces that make up Creation.)

This is not base Swamp Thing. This was after he became the champion of all the metaphysical parliaments which isnt exactly his base form

^ It would be great if someone that's an expert in Swamp Thing could revamp the profile. It's kind of bothered me for a while that his base key includes his multiple Parliament stuff.

@Sandman31

Yeah the Swamp Thing profile covers him at his peak. The "God Swamp Thing" form its for his momentary ascension into a Higher-Dimensional Conceptual Embodiment of the Earth, before refusing his new state and returning to be who he was before.

But at his peak Swamp Thing was showing control over the forces of all lesser Parliaments and being one with the world and the elements. Plus we have the feat of his warping The Green in his image with a gesture.

As pointed out in the "Weakness" section of Swamp Thing's profile, his biggest downfall is his morality and subconscious limits. Swamp Thing has the powers of a literal god but he doesn't use them because he wants to stay human.

Even then, Swamp Thing has been able to beat Pre-Crisis Superman and Pre-Crisis Atom with relative ease, has defeated people on the level of Trigon / Pre-Crisis Spectre (Who was weaker than he is now, actually. Given he only started showing multiversal feats after Crisis On Infinite Earth), and is one of the only people in DC Comics history who was able to phase through the Source Wall.

PrinceOfTheMorning said:
^ It would be great if someone that's an expert in Swamp Thing could revamp the profile. It's kind of bothered me for a while that his base key includes his multiple Parliament stuff.
I'd be willing to accept another key but the thing is I'd be unsure how to rank his base self in. Swamp Thing fluctuates a lot and so when I made the profile in its current state I chose to present him at his strongest.

Well, I dont dispute the tier. Just that I dont consider the Swamp Thing that has the power over all Parliaments as his base form. Example is one of the scan posted by ABoogie, he only gained control of the elemental force of the Earth after he defeated the Earth-Thing, passing the trial of the Parliament of Stone and becoming its champion. Really think he deserved another key when he became the champion of all parliaments, because thats not just him at his peak but him boosted by every patliament.

So what do you propose to be his Base Level? Scaling from his Pre-Crisis Feats against Superman, Atom and the other dude?

Personally I don't see a need to change the tiering for his base key (maybe just add in his feat with Superman for more support), I just wanted his multi-Parliament self separated with its own key and tabber in the abilities section. Maybe a "more powerful than before" in the stat sections. I'm no expert on the character though.

Scaling Swamp Thing to Atom is dumb as all he did was BFR him to Limbo, Superman was weakened beforehand, etc. Y'all can open up my really old classic swamp thing thread if we need to do this discussion

Hykuu has a good point. From what I recall Superman was weakened to the verge of death when Swamp Thing interacted with him.

Maybe Hykuu can start a new version of his Swamp Thing thread at some point?

Does any one have Photoshop?

Because I'm gonna upload new scans here and their bad quality so I know Photoshop can fix resolution from low to high resolution.

I will be honest with you. Swamp Thing should have a key where's he's a Tier 1-B scaling from Pralaya. He has control over The World Tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back