• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sutekh The Upgraded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has come to my attention that Dr Who's Sutekh the Destroyer requires some notable revisions and i hope to convince you of the validity of my proposal with evidence for both his additional powers and upgrade. Allow us to begin with the upgrade that i propose, Sutekh has multiple feats above the 4-A rating we have granted him on this wiki, but what should we upgrade him to you ask? Well i propose High 1-C Sutekh, now i know it seems disproportionate but hear me out first and then pass judgement on my proposition.

The first feat i shall bring up is Sutekh's overpowering the Tardis defenses to send an astral projection of himself into the Tardis (while it's shields are up). The reason this is improtant is because the Tardis was able to hold the Black Guardian at bay.

(Just then the Tardis goes dark and tilts. A console panel explodes then the lights go come back on and Sarah sees the image of a strange animal like skull in the air it disappears)

The Doctor's Reaction to such a phenomenon is: Doctor: Nothing can enter the Tardis. Unless Sarah:Unless what? Doctor: Mental projection of that force is beyond imagination, yet it might explain the stabiliser failure. Let's see. Was it at this end of the Spectrum?

Another example is this quote. Sarah:Just how powerful is Sutekh Doctor? Doctor: He's all-powerful. If he ever gets free, there isn't a lifeform in the galaxy that could stand against him. Sarah: Not even your lot, the Time Lords? Doctor: Not even out lot.

But you may well be chalking this all up to hyperbole but there is a feat Sutekh has in the EU that i think may convince you: The Tenth Doctor comics, in the final arc of the Tenth Doctor's second run of adventures as published by Titan Comics, Sutekh's return is a massive plot point and in this comic we see exactly what he can do.

Here we see the many Elder Gods the Doctor has bested beg Sutekh to help them return to the universe after their respective defeats and, well Sutekh succeeds. Note that among these Gods is one of the Three Gods of Ragnarok making this impressive as Ragnarok A) Created the Land of Fiction as a side project and B) Caused and survived the destruction of Old Time which wiped out that universe's verson of the Daleks and the Time Lords making them High 1-C in overall power.

In the same story arc we see Sutekh come to blows with his fellow mad Gods and quite handily bests them all. Among these Gods is the afore mentionedGodof Ragnarok Whom he tanks an attack fromas well as the Eater of Worlds who is stated to have destroyed entire worlds in his existence.

With that out of the way let us discuss the addtional powers Sutekh shows during his tenure in the show and EU

Fire Manipulation: In Pyramid of Sutekh, the Last Osirian psychically sets an object on fire Sutekh: Come Here... (Crackling Sound) Bernice: OH! Robot: You did not imagine he could burn through the bindings?

Animal Manipulation: You know for some one who wishes to kill all things Sutekh likes Scarabs. Sutekh: ...See what rises from it, realeased from the ancient graves. Kamose (gasps of horror) Tut: Golden Scarabs! Hundreds of them! They're moving! Sutekh: Come Kamose, step closer to me! (The Scuttling of Insects and Kamoses screams as they tear his flesh to the bone and devour him)

Sutekh: (addressing the people of the city) You are the chosen of Sutekh. (Rustle of Scarabs and the screams of the people)

Soul Devouring: Sutekh: Your soul is ripe like a fine wine. To consume it will almost be a pity. And yet..

Death Manipulation: Sutekh: I am here. Your god is here. (breathes and a body hits the round) Cultist: Have pity, have mercy! Sutekh: Hush my servant. (breathes in and he dies) Be at peace. Female Cultist: Please why won't anyone answer? Sutekh:I am here. Your god is here (breathes in and she dies) The end of all journeys.

He also does this to the King Nocturne a being of pure music and his sister Isis Isis: For i bring life with the shedding of my tears. (Thunder and rain, an eagle cries in the distance) Sutekh: Hush my sister (The storm fades) I bring my gift of death even to you. (She dies)

Teleportation: SFX (Sutekh appears)

Earth Manipulation: Ace: Doctor the ground is shaking! Doctor: Hold on Ace! Hold on!

Weather Manipulation: Cultist:Look at the sky! It's turned black! Reporter: Isn't that just a storm? I think it's just a storm. Cultist 2: That's not a storm. It's really happened. The triumph of Sutekh

Time Manipulation: Ace: It's a time storm! Sutekh's whipping up a time storm!" Bernice: Sutekh has taken over his body. Pulled him back in time." " Doctor: .. We've materialised at the right place, but obviously not in time. A temporal reverse? Some vast impulse of energy must have drawn the Tardis off course.

Necromancy: Sutekh: Arise, my brothers, arise and kneel before the might of Sutekh. (Osiran corpses emerge from their tombs)

Telekinesis: He uses this to best the Eater or Worlds in one of the aforementioned images, but he also uses this in the Big Finish story Pyramid of Sutekh

Sutekh: The rocks that seal this room, they are nothing to me. You are nothing to me. This entire universe and everything in it is nothing to me. It takes no more then whim. (Collapsed cavern and rubble explode as Sutekh clears himself a path)

Powergranting: Granted his servant Scraman several powers including increased healing, shapeshifting, and death manipulation.

Enhanced Senses: Could sense events of Earth from his prison on Mars and could sense the Doctor with his telepathy.

Regenerationn: Should be Low-Godly as, even after his body was destroyed by the Doctor in the Time Corridor his conciousness endured and inhabited a new body.

Possession: In the 10th Doctor comic posseses his son Anubis.

Attack Reflection?: In the Tenth Doctor comic we see him seemingly deflect a blast of energy from one of the Gods Of Ragnarok Link

Energy Manipulation: Uses this to blast his enemy Gods with bolts of green energy

Technopathy: Sutekh's Conscioussness was stated to be able to harm an Osiran AI

Feel free to comment your opinions below and i will add more powers to the list of additions.

Things such as Sutekh defeating a bunch of gods (such as one of the Gods of Ragnarok) seems legitimate, so I have no problem scaling his tier to High 1-C. Though the weird thing is he'll likely be one of the rare Tier 1 characters with below immeasurable speed, as he was usually portrayed within the bounds of Massively FTL+, and the Doctor was able to trap him in a time corridor, iirc. Though I guess in most cases time-related powers make up for this.

The powers all seem fine (his page really needs them). He should also get Low-Godly regen, as when the Doctor killed his physical body by aging it with a time corridor, Sutekh's consciousness survived and inhabited a new body.

Yeah its funny that he dosent have Immeasurable speed, tho as you said, his time stuff makes up for it and hey, we equalize speed anyway. And i'll get right on adding Low-Godly Regen

Wow third person to mention this hey? Well i dont think it is considering Sutekh's feats and Azathoth's testimony of MFTL High-1C's but it can be disgarded if it is viewed as contradictory and the powers can be added accordingly.

Sutekh seems to describe himself as a being of the natural universe. One with immense power, but still in some way bound by its laws. With his power, and once he's fully reconnected with nature, he's shown to be able to affect and damage High 1-C characters, yet he has other limitations that the universe imposes on him, such as when he was unable to leave the time corridor until his physical body was dead.

It's weird, but it's at least some sort of explanation.

It is not necessarily a contradiction, if the character is strictly spatially higher-dimensional, not temporally.

I think that the changes accepted by Azathoth can be applied.

Oh thank you for the cleanup i am horrible with source mode editing. And yeah feel free to close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back