• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Surprising Power Progression

Have you ever been surprised at the growth of power in a series? Did their end of series tiering completely surpass your initial estimates?

For me, it was Gravity Falls. Never would I ever have guessed at the beginning that a show about two twins doing some Scooby Doo shit would end up producing a Tier 1 character.

Another would be Full Metal Alchemist. I never thought I would see a planet level and a universe level character in a series dominated by wall levelers.

Which series' power progression surprised you the most?

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
For me, it was Gravity Falls. Never would I ever have guessed at the beginning that a show about two twins doing some Scooby Doo shit would end up producing a Tier 1 character.
I'm pretty sure Scooby Doo has a High 1-C character as well.

Anyway for me, Voltron LD. Not so much the robots, I knew Voltron was gonna be be Planet level from the get go. I mean the Paladins. The Paladins have nothing but Wall level, and one Building level feat until the last two episodes, where they suddenly get no less than four Planet level durability feats. It's crazy.

This is a bit of a less conventional one, but over the years, Warhammer 40,000 has had quite the obscene power creep.

It used to take a Blackstone Fortress, the most powerful star fort ever created, to quickly raze a planet. Three of them could cause a supernova. Now, the Imperium have planet-destroying missiles and portable weapons capable of causing Exterminatus, and a gang of no-name Tzeentch Daemons can cause a dual supernova on twin suns.

A true C'tan wiping out star systems and creating black holes used to be considered horrific. Now infinitely small shards of their essence can blow up stars, wipe out solar systems, and consume a sun more than 130 times the size of our own.

This is of course not to say the old fluff didn't have crazy feats as well, but they were much fewer and farther between.

I feel like Low 2-C may be a bit of a lowball for the Evil Entity. I'll have to rewatch Mystery Inc to make sure.

This is probably gonna be to REAL old by now, but i guess Pretty Cure for one can qualify.

AFAIK currently, you have characters that can be about 9-B to anywhere up to maybe Tier 8 or something. Next thing you know, depending on what season of the show you're in, you can be seeing something as high as Multi-Continent to Planet level in some, to that of Tier 2 shit like Multi-Universe level in another.

Woah, I thought Pretty Cure capped at Planet level. Had no idea they had 2-C characters.

I actually asked DarkLK about it and he straight up told me specifically that Tier 2 Precure is actually a thing. So much so he made a blog about why they're Tier 2 on his wikia over at the ACF.

I can show you the list of the caps of each season is at as well as his blog if you all want to read it.

Forgot to mention this. The season that has 2-C Precure? The true main villain of it was there from before the big bang event occurred.

Not only did he witness it and tanked it, it's also not his best feat as DarkLK once noted to me.

La Leyenda's power creep was pretty insane, too. The movies are all pretty lowscale in power. Not that weak, but nothing to impressive, stuff like mind controlling witches, immortal, cannibalistic ghosts, demon chupacabres, etc.

The main villain of the first season of the cartoon sequel series (Legend Quest) is a universal reality warper who wishes to end all life on Earth so he an start a new, more "perfect" civilization in his image. A minor enemy in the series also had complete control over a dimension that contained a moon. There were even witches who were implied to have destroyed countries in the past.

NOICE~

Anyways, i'll just the list thing DarkLK showed to me as well as his blog (seeing as what the ACF is, it's all gonna be in Russian aside from most of his scans).

BLOG

LIST:

"Futari wa - solar system to multi-universal

Splash Star - multi-universal

Yes 5 - possibly multi solar system or above

Fresh - possibly universal to even multiversal

HeartCatch - moon

Suite - multi-continent or above

Smile - large planet

Doki Doki - multi-continent to multi-universal

Happiness Charge - large planet

Go! Princess - multi-continent to planet