• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Supernatural Striking Strength and Durability / Angel Regenerationn Revision

1. Striking Strength and Durability

The Supernatural Profiles are kind of a mess. One of the most glaring problems with the profiles is that their Striking Strength being Small Building or Building Class for seemingly no reason. They have been able to harm enemies comparable to themselves numerous times, even enemies that tanked energy attacks from them. Even Michael and Lucifer are able to hurt each other with punches but their Striking Strength is inexplicably rated as Building level. And most angels have "At least Building level, likely City level" for Durability even though they have tanked energy attacks from other angels and comparable beings, which should just be flat out City level. In short, the Supernatural profiles desperately need a Striking Strength and Durability revision to match their attack potency.

2. Angel Regenerationn

I'm pretty sure the High Regenerationn for Archangels comes from Michael being destroyed by Holy Fire, but where does the Mid-High for regular angels come from? The "cellular matter manipulation"? Not only was that changed to Atomic for some reason, which would now make their regen High as well, but they have never regenerated from a wound anywhere near that level. I guess the argument could be made that they can't kill them with any means available, which includes the matter manipulation. But that just seems more like it simply wouldn't work on comparable beings/beings of that level, rather than regenerating from cells or atoms. Especially when the highest regen feat for the angels is bullet wounds and knife stabs, which would be Mid-Low or Low-Mid.

So, in conclusion, Striking Strength and Durability for the verse as a whole needs fixing. As well as the regen for regular angels.

I agree with the striking strength, at least for the Angels, as demons often have superior powers to their physical strength.

I also agree with this sheerly because i can't remember them ever being reduced to dust and regenerating. Demons like Alastair have been reduced to similar states, yet his vessel couldn't reform, although he's a demon. It's also common for Angels to go to a new vessel or die from being turned to dust, although most of these are from spells or superior beings. They also have shown the ability to use the power to heal on themselves, and it hasn't healed a person who's that destroyed if i recall.

I'll try find an example.

Edit: It might be because Gadreel healed sam of his damages from the trial while possessing him, which were stated to be at the subatomic level, and thus why Castiel couldn't use his healing powers to save him. But he wasn't reduced to anything, so i'm not sure.

Well, the reasoning for Eve's regen is because Angels with cellular Matter Manipulation can't kill her, which can not only mean any number of things such as their Matter Manipulation simply won't work on her rather than she can regen from cells. Also, their Matter Manipulation is atomic now, so if this was the case, it should be High.

I also agree with that. Eve said she "unplugged" castiel of all his abilities, and leviathans have shut down at least heavenly based powers. I think it's also implied they are still angel immune without shutting down angel powers.

I believe she has regenerated

The Atomic Matter Manipulation comes from Crowley who stated he would tear Dean apart atom by atom and since Angel's are more powerful than Demons they would scale from that.

I was the one who got those changes done

I think I recall Anna reforming her Vessel after she destroyed it upon returning to Angelhood

Could be misremembering though.

She destroyed Alastair's i think, not her own. I could also be misremembering.

Edit: It was both.

Well, any angel should have at least Mid-High Regenerationn scalling to Crowley, since they are superior. Crowley's got Mid-High because he regenerated his vessel from being burned to ashes (which ironically he was the one to burn)

supernatural characters have extreme controll of their physicall strenght

for example when apocalypse michael attacked the bunker he knocked out castiel in one hit a few seconds later he punched sam and the punches did no less damage than human punches if michael used the same amount of strenght he used to knock out cass whith one punch to the face he would crush sam s skull but he didnt he later needed more physicall efforts to over power dean than he needed to overpower lucifer when they first meet

i agree about Regenerationn but im not shure about striking strenght

Back