• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Supernatural diseases in action: Warhammer vs Masada

I think just being around Typhus gives him way to many diseases to count, and he's just stupidly stronger AP wise. So I'm going to say the Smelly Boi of Nurgle wins this.

Hiiragi can absorb Typhus, iirc that's his trick, since diseases wont cut it out for any of them.

I don't think absorbing typhus is gonna be good for his health, especially since he carries around a thing that has been dipped in Nurgle's favorite plague.

Absorbing typhus is just a terrible idea considering he's a walking mass of some of the worst nurglite blights ever.

Same can be said for Hiiragi.

But the conditions for the absorption activating are very broad, and I wouldn't expect it not to happen in this case.

Then he'd absorb and **** himself over, resulting in an incon. Nurgle, the god who blessed Typhus with it's mark, is the concept of poison, disease, decay, etc. Typhus's scythe was dipped in the swamps of Nurgle's personal garden, and his Destroyer Hive is said to be among the worst of Nurgle's plagues and was overwhelming Mortario. Mortation is another Nurglite servant, this time a primarch. Even pre hersey, he was basically immune to poison due to his homeworld being incredibly toxic, and he takes Nurgle's blessings himself like nothing, most of the time.

Why would that **** him over?

He's "basically immune" to the really strong poisons, right?

So wouldn't Hiiragi absorbing Typhus give Hiiragi the immense immunity to poisons that Typhus has?

This is what his absorption absorbs:

Shōshi ShibakuÒâ╗Harirankyü Sakasa Haritsuke: Hiiragi Seijuurou's signature and most powerful ability. This power allows him to virtually steal anything from his opponents (be it a physical body or body part, memories, feelings, experience, sense of crisis, abilities (which he can use), souls, even something innate like the quality to become Rosei) while giving them in return diseases which pollute his own body (countless diseases that contaminate his body, ranging from brain tumors, last-stage leukemia, stage-four cancer, and other debilitating illnesses). These diseases can also corrupt the minds of their victims due to containing Hiiragi's own madness and despair from living with these diseases in his body, in addition to affecting and destroying the soul and are so potent that it can even corrode the physical world. All of these are also dreams themselves, meaning they can harm the opponent but they themselves can't block or defend against them if they don't have the ability to interact with the abstract.

Because Nurgle has tier 1 poisons, and manreaper may include that.

The description on the page doesn't really imply that it's on the level of nurgle's regular plagues, tbh. For comparison, take the Virus Bombs the Imperium uses to destroy entire planets. Incredibly fast spreading and just basically melts all the biomass in it's way, sterilizing an entire world before it catches aflame and incinerates the remnants of the now dead world. Seems like a little more than "brain tumors, last-stage leukemia, stage-four cancer, and other debilitating illnesses".

Typhus's own stuff should be far superior, as the Imperium cannot hope to out poison poison itself. His own soul is already irrevocably marked by Nurgle, and he plays host to the Destroyer Hive which is among the most dangerous of Nurgle's creations. Generic nurglite plagues are already described as infecting reality itself, and higher level ones can infect and corrupt warp entities such as daemons.

Mortarion, before becoming a Daemon Prince, scoffed at the Life-Eater Virus, the stuff that's in the Virus Bombs, Wok has brought up. After becoming a Daemon of Nurgle, Mortarion would have become even more resistant to plague and disease due to Nurgle's Blessing.

Typhus' Destroyer Hive can overwhelm even that.

Wokistan said:
I agree that the poison that Typhus has are greater than Hiiragi's, as they are Tier 1 apparently, but so what?

His Kyudan absorbs his opponent's body, memories, skills, abilities and resistances, souls, et cetera.

So who cares what kind of poisons Typhus has if Typhus is also immune to those poisons?

Hiiragi is jealous at others whose bodies aren't being killed by the poisons that kill his body, and AFAIK, that's the reason why he has his absorption abilities. IIRC, he constantly absorbs other bodies because his new bodies are constantly dying due to the diseases he has within him, and with each body he absorbs, he is only delaying the inevitable.

So fighting a guy, and then absorbing him with his Kyudan, who would be immune to the poisons in his body would be a godsend to Hiiragi - he'd be free of his the thing that plagues him. (Pun not intended lol)

This would be the greatest win that Hiiragi could ever have.

The thing is, typhus isn't totally immune. He'll live but his body is horribly managed by Nurgle's gifts. Those chutes of bone potruding out of his back are a mutation, for example.

He also definitely doesn't resist manreaper. That would be Matt Ward Kaldor Draigo levels of chaos good downplay compared to mortal.

Wokistan said:
The thing is, typhus isn't totally immune. He'll live but his body is horribly managed by Nurgle's gifts. Those chutes of bone potruding out of his back are a mutation, for example.
He also definitely doesn't resist manreaper. That would be Matt Ward Kaldor Draigo levels of chaos good downplay compared to mortal.
I am pretty sure just being able to live without the poisons within himself constantly killing himself would still be a desirable life for Hiiragi. As Typhus's immunity seems greater than the poisons that reside with Hiiragi from my limited knowledge on both series.

So yeah, Hiiragi actives his Kyudan and absorb GG.

Not so sure about the absorbing resistances thing, but his resistances wouldn't be enough to let him tank Manreaper. Since he's holding on to it I don't see how he would get absorbed and that wouldn't.

I'm pretty sure he would absorb Typhus and then Manreaper would effect Hiiragi the same way it affects Typhus.

Typhus would probably die if someone else drove it through his armor, tbh.

You said that it would affect him the same way it would affect typhus. I don't remember 100% if it negates durability besides the poison thing rn but an unarmored typhus would be killed by it and hiragi is wearing regular clothes. His armor wouldn't really be providing a resistance, it's just not organic.

I believe it does get by that though. It is a power weapon, meaning it emits a forcefield that messes with the molecular structures of stuff it touches and cuts through things otherwise far too durable.

Wokistan said:
You said that it would affect him the same way it would affect typhus. I don't remember 100% if it negates durability besides the poison thing rn but an unarmored typhus would be killed by it and hiragi is wearing regular clothes. His armor wouldn't really be providing a resistance, it's just not organic.
I believe it does get by that though. It is a power weapon, meaning it emits a forcefield that messes with the molecular structures of stuff it touches and cuts through things otherwise far too durable.
AFAIK, Hiiragi switches bodies with those in his Kyudan. And said healthy bodies are then infested with the diseases residing in Hiiragi's soul or something.

So if Typhus is holding and can continue to hold on to Manreaper, then when Hiiragi absorbs him, he will possess Typhus's body, soul, powers, resistances, et cetera.

It really shouldn't matter if Hiiragi wears a suit or if Typhus can't take an attack from his own weapon, just as long as Typhus can withstand holding on to it.

At least, that's how I think his power works.

Oh, I must have misread the line.

What does that even mean? How can sheer willing an opponent erase their powers? Usually, someone resists something through sheer will - like a mental attack.

Anyway, if it was something he used a lot in-character, I sure it would have been argued as a win-con before, but it wasn't.

And Hiiragi's Kyudan is rather instantaneous and obviously in-character, so I'm pretty sure he would absorb first.

Typhus doesn't exactly hold the dangerous end of his weapon.

The power null was because he was somehow able to disable a psyker's powers via willing them into not working. I just didn't bother to argue it because afaik hirragi's thing Is passive.

I don't understand the significance to what part of the weapon that Typhus is holding.

Does he have the capability of holding on to the scythe? Yes?

Then so would Hiiragi after he absorbs Typhus. I don't really see your point.

Well, that's kinda weird, but whatever. Hiiragi's Kyudan has two have it's two activations be opened.

That being, Hiiragi being jealous at his opponent, which he always is.

And that his opponent feels a negative emotion to Hiiragi - although the definition of negative emotion is based on Hiiragi's point of view, so just looking at him could count, even if his opponent has no emotions. It's kind of weird in that regard.

If you're absorbing the scythe, you're not going to live through that as you're still absorbing the deadly part.

How is he going to absorb one and not the other when it's in the guy's hand?

Back