• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman vs Sentry Rematch

Status
Not open for further replies.
To everyone that said superman is resistant to matter manipulation, are you guys meaning this?

http://imgur.com/C29CYdk

This is not indictive of anything, if anything it just seems like one scenario at best and even here it seems he got effected by this.

My vote is still sentry

I am 100% aware Superman is resistant to matter manipulation but I do not think he has any matter manipulation resistance feats that would suggest he can resist someone who's molecule manipulation is strong enough to beat Molecule Ma (Although I don't think he's at his strongest here) and stop Mjolnir dead in its tracks.

And considering how Sentry and Superman are roughly comparable in power, I doubt any vaporization of Sentry is going to be going on here. And provided it did happen? It's irrelevant. Sentry can regenerate from just his skeleto and even just a single atom. Hell, I'm not sure if he still has this power but right here he says Odin granted him the ability to regenerate from his soul alone.

I gotta give it to Sentry here.

Okay so Sentry: 4

Superman: 1

Inconclusive: 2

Paulo and Post haven't given a proper vote yet.

Might I add guys Sentry is 40x slower, just want to make that clear.

That being said he is not going to move out of the way of every attack, the moment Supes tries to block or match Sentry's hand, he'll take damage and Sentry could capitalize on it. Emphasis on "could"

Gargoyle 1 said:
That being said he is not going to move out of the way of every attack, the moment Supes tries to block or match Sentry's hand, he'll take damage and Sentry could capitalize on it. Emphasis on "could"
Well, if that happens, then I think Sentry could possibly win due to his AP advantage.

Also, I just read LordXcano's last comment, and, if Sentry's Matter Manipulation is that powerful, it would probably affect Supes, even with his resistance, plus, Sentry is more powerful and much harder to kill, so, yeah, I'll vote for Sentry.

Paulo but it isn't that matter manpulation feat of him beating molecule man is a outliner. Superman still can't kill the sentry because of his insane regen

Yes it was and I quote

Matthew

sentry defeating Molecule Man is as legit as Superman lifting infinite tons.

Then someone said to Matt The defeat yes, but you can not deny what molecule man said about sentry's molecules/atoms and sentry resisting his molecular maniuplation

Then Matthew said It's still bs

Huesito88 said:
Yes it was and I quote

Matthew

sentry defeating Molecule Man is as legit as Superman lifting infinite tons.

Then someone said to Matt The defeat yes, but you can not deny what molecule man said about sentry's molecules/atoms and sentry resisting his molecular maniuplation

Then Matthew said It's still bs
I think that is a false equivalency. One is a NLF, the other is a legit feat or if I do entertain your idea, an outlier

One purposefully sets someone with no limits, the other is just another fight in comics. You can't say Sentry defeating molecule man is as legit as superman lifting infinite tons No, because the metaphor does not make sense to begin with.

Sentry beating molecule man is still a fight, it happened and tbh, it does seem like to me considering the context he could probably do it again too since the two are similar in power, just one has crazy matter manipulation abilities.

Well go talk to Matthew if you want. Also if it's a outliner then sentry can't really do it as it's a inconsistency

Huesito88 said:
Well go talk to Matthew if you want. Also if it's a outliner then sentry can't really do it as it's a inconsistency
With due respect to Matthew, one single person doesn't determine what is an outlier on the internet. Appeal to authority is not a good debating style

Alright so does sentry have feats to back up the fact that his defeating moleculeman is consistent with his matter manipulation powers

Well, like I said, I'm fairly certain Molecule Man wasn't at universal< levels there. He was still powerful, but not nearly as powerful as usual. At least, I believe.

That's why I provided other scans of Sentry's molecule manipulation, to show how even without that he could still likely turn Superman into a duck.

Can someone help count the votes?

And please don't say "either x character or inconclusive" that doesn't help.

8 for Sentry, 9 if Gargoyle counts. 2 inconclusive, with 1 of those leaning towards Sentry, 2-3 Superman.

LordXcano said:
8 for Sentry, 9 if Gargoyle counts. 2 inconclusive, with 1 of those leaning towards Sentry, 2-3 Superman.
Aren't the Superman votes invalid? They're assuming Supes has higher AP when that's not the case. However fast Superman maybe, Sentry needs a single shot to win. Superman can run away off the field, self BFR is still a loss I think

Self BFR is still a loss, unless specified otherwise

And we are still waiting if that million exploding sun thing is regard as a hyperbole or not or why it's even in his profile if it is because other then that superman has higher ap though let's say sentry can one shot for now.

That brings it to 9 for Sentry, 10 if Gargoyle counts. 2 inconclusive, with 1 of those leaning towards Sentry, and 2 for Superman.

Wow, it seems Sentry will get his first win and Supes will get his second loss, at the hands of another Marvel character no less.

I can't vote on my own thread, don't count me.

Would it be out of character for Supes to let Sentry try to punch and then block it?

Bump.

Also, We reached enough votes 11 hours ago, should the grace period start now? It should we shave 11 hours off the time?

I believe that the timer starts when by the comment that turns it into a victory. In this case, it would be the 7th voter for Sentry since Inconclusive and Superman only have 2 votes.

I'm not sure tbh, I can't tell who has voted for who clearly.

I'd say Sentry because of his almost godlike regen. I dont think Supes can destroy sentry at a atomic level possibly molecular but not atomic. Superman really lacks haxs, he just as very very VERY impressive speed and strenghth feats. Sentry just about accomplished most of those feats or is capable of them and has haxs to support him in combat. So my vote is for The Sentry.

This can be added now, if you want to count when we had 8 votes there's only 6 hours left. Can be added now if you count when we had 7 votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back