• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (Post-Crisis) v.s. King Hyperion (Marvel Comics)

You should equalize speed. He's WAY further into MFTL+ than Hyperion.

Once equalized, I'm gonna give it to Superman FRA and for the same reasons he can beat Danvers. AP and Durability advantage. Resistance to his powers. Is much smarter than the opponent.

Superman takes but not for AP and DURA. He's 615 kilofoe to Hyperion's 386, IIRC. That's only a 1.6x difference, which isn't anything to write home about.

However, Hyperion is basically just Superman but worse. He's not as experienced plus Supes has resistance to his Atomic Vision and could just use his own Heat Vision to counter and that's not considering Supes' Ice Breath. As for intelligence, Supes is smarter but I don't know what he'd really do with that TBH. This is more or less a slugging match and neither are bringing anythig too crazy to the table.

So, Superman for experience, versatility and resistances.

BTW, for a split second I though this might've been Superman vs King Hyperion. That would have been a bit of a different match.

Ok, now it's King Hyperion. Let's see:

In terms of raw power, K. Hyperion is the same league as Blue Marvel, Sentry, etc. That puts him a little under a MegaFoe while Superman is 615 KiloFoe. A MegaFoe is simply 1000 KiloFoe's, correct? If so, then K. Hyperion is a little less than 1.6x stronger.

In terms of experience, Superman has seen more stuff than K. Hyperion. However, K. Hyperion is no slouch. He's killed all the heroes of "countless" Earths which inlcuding Thor's, Hulks, Sentries and Blue Marvel's. Going further, KH has fought two alternate versions of himself at the same time and was definitely holding his own. Hence, I find it hard to say which of holds a definitive edge. Superman is also smarter but what does that matter in a slugging match when both are good fighters?

Ability-wise, Supers and KH has the same basic powerset. Superman has more resistances but the only one that really matters here is Energy Manip. While KH lack that resistance, he can just use his Atomic Vision to match Supes' Heat Vision, like he did when he fought his alternate selves. Both have Ice Breath. Supes has limited intangibility but he doesn't really abuse that and even if he did, I don't recall him phasing through energy attacks so KH could still hurt him. Both has the same level of Regen that matters for this fight. Bit of an impasse here.

So really, I see this as inconclusive. The main difference between King Hyperion and regular Hyperion, is that KH is definitely stronger and has a much better showings and track record than regular Hyperion. However, his only major advantage is a small AP advantage that doesn't mean that much. Superman has a few more tricks up his sleeve but I don't feel that any of them are enough to definitely give him the edge. There's a good level of canceling out here.

Btw who's faster?

Superman is still avaible to use his equipments and Superman has durability negation by phasing (I forgot to add durability negation on Sups profile).

Superman is faster. Like WAY FASTER. KH ultimately scales back to Blue Marvel and, thus, Thor. Superman scales to Wonder Woman. IIRC, Superman would be like 1000x or 6000x faster if speed was unequalized and depending on if you take Wonder Woman's feat's low or high end.

Superman has more equiment? Because his profile only lists the Cosmic Armor which would be a stomp.

As for Superman's phasing, I made mistake. Supes can phase through energy blasts. Problem is, KH has Non-Physical Interaction.

ABoogieYesSir said:
Superman is not a non-corporeal so yeah..
Having Non-Physical Interaction mean you can interact with things that are either Non-Corporpeal or intangible. It's like how Hulk can grab and touch energy like it was actually solid.

ABoogieYesSir said:
Why is Superman 1000x-6000x faster?
Superman scales to Wonder Woman whose speed feat puts her at:

Lowball: 52,594,876,486,185,656,320 x FTL.

Highball: 315,569,258,917,113,954,000 x FTL

KH Scales to Thor whose around 48,000,000,000,000,000 x FTL, IIRC.

So, KH is in the Quadrillions while Superman is in the Quintillions.

In a comic about Superman against Manchester Black, Superman fought a foe with the power of a million suns (not even joking, I know it sounds like Sentry), and he downright stated that it wasn't a problem for him because the energy blasts were empowering him. Same scenario here perhaps?

I'd have to find that comic again to make sure.

Screenshot 2019-03-15 at 12.24.33 AM

Back