• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman Overhauling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABoogieYesSir

They/Them
Power's

Enhanced Senses additons

BFR: Utilised counter-vibrations to send a Phantom Planet outside of the Omniverse

Information Analysis additio:

Limited Radiation Manipulation via Heat Vision: Created a EMP

Resistance's
Ice Manipulation: Superman casually broke out of Cythonna's ice

Power Nullification and Absorption: Superman resisted the Hollow Men from taking away his powers, emotions, colour, willpower, energy, life-force, dreams, and imaginatio

Transmutation: Superman resisted several magical attempts of being transmuted into salt.

Need more proof:

Sleep Manipulation: Superman resists Utopian's sleep-inducing technology

The resistances seem fine but I'm really not sure about half of the ability additions. The Life Manipulation scan is from a non-canon story where Superman landed on Apokolips instead of Earth. I also don't know how we treat Superman Blue feats. I did suggest a key for Superman Blue at one point but it wasn't accepted as it would cause "confusion"

Following though, since the resistances are definitely plausible.

Type 3 abstract is likely better. I'll get to this in a bit, as I want to look it over and may have stuff of my own to add.

LordUrien935 said:
I also don't know how we treat Superman Blue feats. I did suggest a key for Superman Blue at one point but it wasn't accepted as it would cause "confusion"
Didn't Blue appear as a different character than Supes on "Dark Knights: Metal"? Maybe it's Parallax all over again.

I actually want to say before anything else what it means by "Superman must always exist" is clarified in other issues to mean that the absence of a Superman or Batman in a reality would cause higher-Dimensional catastrophe rather than any form of immortality

• Immortality (Type 8) Superman's own death now views him as the embodiment of hope As long as hope exists, Superman will exist. Even when hope burns away, Superman will still exist
    • Superman: Where Is Thy Sting? 2001 | I don't believe this is meant to be taken in the literal sense. Time Trapper at the End of the Time is the only one there.

Ionliosite said:
LordUrien935 said:
I also don't know how we treat Superman Blue feats. I did suggest a key for Superman Blue at one point but it wasn't accepted as it would cause "confusion"
Didn't Blue appear as a different character than Supes on "Dark Knights: Metal"? Maybe it's Parallax all over again.
Probably a cameo appearance. Blue is definitely canon since he's in part of Morrison's JLA run.

Yobo Blue said:
I actually want to say before anything else what it means by "Superman must always exist" is clarified in other issues to mean that the absence of a Superman or Batman in a reality would cause higher-Dimensional catastrophe rather than any form of immortality

Have you thoroughly evaluated if all of these scans genuinely support what you claim? Because you have a history of just throwing massive amounts of almost random scans into lists, and then require others to take the time to evaluate them one by one.

You know Ant, Most of them seem to make sense but some of them are not meant to be taken serious and non-canon.

Okay. I am afraid that I don't have the time to check through them though, and you should edit out all of the unreliable ones if you want others to have the energy to bother.

Probably a cameo appearance. Blue is definitely canon since he's in part of Morrison's JLA run.

That's why I mentioned Parallax. I'm sure he was just Hal Jordan turned evil on his first appearance.

Oh boy there is so wrong, where i do start...

- "Immortality (Type 8)"

I don't think any of those statements are to be taken literally, more like metaphors about his character in the DC universe.

- "The Time Trapper has tried many times to erase Superman and his influence on the timeline from history, but he's always failed".

That because Time Trapper always fail to kill Superman, not because Superman is immune or had directly resisted to his powers.

- "Superman heard Golden Age Superman shout from another universe".

That was when the entire universe had be screw up by Lex Luthor Jr, i don't think it could have happen normally.

- "Can see infinite distance".

This was be debunk in another thread, Superman never stated he can see at infinite distance, only that he couldn't see the end of it.

- "Can absorb free-floating spatial dimensions"

The scans doesn't stated or show anything like that.

- "Antimatter Manipulation"

Pretty sure virtual particles are not made by antimatter.

- "Cosmic Manipulation"

Beside the fact that Cosmic Manipulation is still not a power yet accepted, i don't think it would still count in anycase.

Superman only heated up the water so much that it turn intro plasma, he didn't create a star like Silver Surfer.

- "Nigh-Omnipresent"

Yeah, i'm not even going to explain why that just dumb.

- "Reactive Evolution"

None of the examples are an examples of Reactive Evolution, adapt to someone's else fighting style or learn to counterattack again a certain ability is not the same as be Doomsday.

- "Instinctive Reaction"

Yeah no, that is simply Superman go all out without holding back to the point that he lost his perception of time, for how much he was fighting the Probes.

- "Causality Manipulation"

Again, this was debunk already, either Post Crisis or Golden Age didn't shake the universe or anything on that level, they just jump between each Metropolis.

- "Chi Manipulation"

The Torquasm-Vo is more of a meditation/mind technique, it doesn't allow the user to control or manipulation his own Chi like Goku.

- "Chaos Manipulation/Conceptual Manipulation/Law Manipulation"

I seriously doubt that Superman should scale to Rao or any of the Kryptonian Gods (or possess any of their abilities).

- "Superman, alongside the rest of the Justice League momentarily created with their faith an extra-dimensional heaven made of the information gathered of the predominant concepts of every culture in the universe"

I woud like to see the entire context of the comic, since i find hard to believe what you suggested.

- "Superman's love for Lois Lane binds all of creation together"

Just like before, i'm not going to waste time trying to explain why taking such statement seriously is plain dumb.

- "Superman cancelled out true form Darkseid's soul by singing counter-vibrations"

That at most count as Sound Manipulation or Vibration Manipulation.

- "Creation"

I'm not sure creating something that exist in the psychic plane count as Creation.

- "Immortality Negation (Type 3 and 4)"

He didn't permanentaly killed either Doomsday considering that he returned later, the same with Darkseid.

- "Can analyse information billions of times faster than a supercomputer"

There is no such statement inside the scan.

- "Was able to calculate the shifts of the universe that change all of infinite points on the Source Wall constantly when successfully finding Highfather's staff"

The only infinite statement come from Desaad when talking about the souls trapped, not the Source Wall.

- "Information Manipulation"

Superman only forced Swamp Thing to reveal himself rather than revert him from his energy form.

- "Can utilise Torquasm-Vo to fight on a mental plane with illusions, create psychic realms. Enhancing his senses to perceive Adversary's attacks being as mere psychic patterns"

That doesn't looks like Precognition to me, if anything that is more like Extrasensory Perception.

- "Limited Mind and Memory Manipulation"

That because Superman used Amalak's own mental connection to read his mind.

- "Technpathy"

Like before, i would like to see the entire context, since it looks like Superman was intangible for some reason.

- "Transformation"

Yeah no, Blue Superman requid specific conditions that Superman usually cannot access.

Also the Kingdom Come and One Million part was when he was fighting Dominus in the mental plane.

- "Plot Manipulation"

Do you even read what you posting? That's Superboy-Prime for crying loud.

And no that doesn't count as Plot Manipulation either.

- "Magma Manipulation"

Superman only punched the ground with enough strength for the magma to come in the surface.

- "Energy Absorption/Forcefield Creation/Healing/Transmutation"

All of this come from Blue Superman, they should be reserved only to that speficic version.

- "Weather Manipulation"

Superman One Million is not Post Crisis, they don't scale and they don't have the same ability.

- "Utilised counter-vibrations to send a Phantom Planet outside of the Omniverse"

While Superman did that, he had help from the military as they were the one who give him the vibration frequency, meaning that if Superman doesn't know the vibration frequency he cannot BFR.

- "Resistance to Energy and Power Absorption/Holy Manipulation"

Again, Blue Superman is a different version of Post Crisis, either Blue Superman should get his own personal profile or a separate key.

- "Resistance to Gravity Manipulation"

Wasn't thatf feat from a non canon comic?

Also, there is already a much better feat to use rather than the one you used.

http://i.imgur.com/xyqwbfm.jpg

- "Resistance to Disease Manipulation"

You posted no scan, unless you're talking about Torquasm Vo, but even that only eliminate the remaining toxins inside his body, meaning Superman was already ok.

- "Resistance to Precognition and Information Analysis"

For me Lex is simply saying that he cannot control him due of his personality.

- "Resistance to Magic"

I'm not sure if this could be considered valid, considering Superman is usually potrayed as vulnerable again magic.

Also wasn't Superman killing Darkseid happening when he was dying (and I think the miracle machine helped but don't quote me there.) it's sounds manipulation but nothing conceptual done here.

Unknow | Godhead Darkseid loses his body to a Radion bullet and his Soul to the Black Racer. Once all of humanity is preserved, the last remnant of Darkseid's mind appears to try and claim the Miracle Machine, but Superman is aware that Darkseid's essence vibrates like the multiverse does, and shatters his vibrational frequency with a single note. | Final Crisis Vol 1 #7 March 2009

Technpathy: Can access the Internet with his mind

This takes place in Superman's Electruc Blue Era where his powers are temporarily chaged. In addition to ruining the newly married Lois and Clark's toaster through some vague definition of electricity and/or magnetism, the changes mostly affect Superman's powers. Rather than being invulnerable, he's now intangible --- bullets pass through him instead of bouncing off --- and when he tries to use his X-Ray vision, he ends up seeing an incomprehensible mess from across the electromagnetic spectrum. | Electruc Blue Era: "Power Shift," which runs through Superma #122, Adventures of Superma #545, Action Comics #732 and Superman: The Man of Steel #18, cover-dated for April and May of 1997.

@Stefano & Firestorm

Thank you for helping out. This seems to have been rejected then.

@ABoogie

Please stop creating these types of threads. The scans very seldom demonstrate what you claim, and it wastes our members' time to have to go through them all.

@Firestorm808

Here's nearly all the scans citations. Don't really have time to check through them myself ATM, but hopefully it's helpful either way.

Superman watches the Justice League from the regular universe while they're in a pocket reality in Hyperspace | JLA vol 2 #32 2009

Can hear every heartbeat, everyone's blood show, the radio signals, the wifi zones, and every footstep on asphalt.The cellphone signals, the clothes rustling in the wind, and the pressure on his skin to the tiniest fraction of an ounce. | Action comic vol 1 #839 2006

ÔÇ¿Absorption addition

• Absorbed magical dust from Etrigan | Action comic vol 1 #762
  • Can absorb free-floating spatial dimensions | JLA:Heaven's Ladder
Antimatter Manipulation Superman's Heat Vision can accelerate the creation of virtual particles | Superman/Batman vol 1 #80]\

Cosmic Manipulation Can create miniature supernovae Attack Reflection: Reflect Darkseid Omega Beam's with his Heat Vision | Superman Versus Darkseid: Apokolips Now]\\

ÔÇ¿Portal Creation and BFR

• Utilised counter-vibrations to send a Phantom Planet outside of the Omniverse | Adventures of superman vol 1 #617
  • Punches Darkseid, opening up a Boomtube and sending him to the Source Wall | Superman/Batman vol 1 #13
Breaking the Fourth Wall: Superman acknowledges the reader's | DCU infinite holiday specialÔÇ¿

Creation: Superman can create psychic realms while in the Theta State | Superman:King of the world

Superman can permanently kill True Form Darkseid, who can ressurect on Orion's body | New gods vol 4 #2 ÔÇ¿ Information Analysis addition:

• Calculates one of his opponent's melting points just by looking at them | action comic vol 1 #830
  • Passively takes in memories, data, sensations and sensory input when fighting Bloodshot and Riot to determine the ballistics of every bullet that Bloodshot has ever shot and the vectorsof every one of Riot's bodies | Action comic vol 1 #839
  • Was able to calculate the shifts of the universe that change all of infinite points on the Source Wall constantly when successfully finding Highfather's staff | Superman/Batman vol 1 #41
  • Superman finds a weakness in aship that is stated to be infinitely programmable, self-repairing , taking in and absorbing all of the atoms around it and reconfiguring itself | Superman Vol 1 #653
Magma Manipulation: Superman punched the ground in Smallville, making magma come out of the ground straight from Hell.| Superman vol 1 #666

Precognition: "Has Precogniton by his dreams." Ok, instead of posting the link to this one I'll just make a debunk because the context is in a way later issue. In actuality it wasn't superman's dreams predicting the future, it was Dominus taking what superman dreamt of and making it real the next day. | Superman:man of steel vol 1 #88

Limited Mind and Memory Manipulation: Superman taps into Amalak mind and memories after he tries to read his memories | Superman vol 1 #670

Non-Physical Interaction additions Can use his Super Breath to blow away Zantana in her astral form | Superman vol 1 #666

Resistance's

Reality Warping additons: Superman undid the effects of Emperor Joker's actions with his manifest will and faith. | Superman:Man of steel vol 1 #105

Magic: Superman reverses Etrigan's magic with his willpower and conviction | Action comics vol 1 #762

Ice Manipulation: Superman casually broke out of Cythonna's ice | Superman:Last god of Krypton

Energy and Power Absorption:

• Completely unaffected by Parasite's absorption power as Superman Blue. And even after he spent a really long time trying it, he just resist's it | Superman Vol 2 #127
  • For Reference, Parasite absorbed Martian Manhunter memories , and Aztek's four-dimensional energy. | Aztek:the ultimate man vol 1 #9
ÔÇ¿ ÔÇ¿Gravity Manipulation: Superman was consumed by a black hole that consumes the universe and he prevails | Superman: Where is thy sting

Darkness Manipulation: Superman broke out of Eclipso's darkness | Superman:man of steel vol 1 annual 1

Fear Manipulation: Superman would be unaffected by a crystal that brings out the primal fear within someone | Superman/Batman vol 1 #37

Hellfire Manipulation: Can withstand Etrigan demonic flame's | Action comic vol 1 #587

Holy Manipulation: Superman Blue can withstand the scouring light of heaven | JLA 1997 #7

Information Manipulation: Superman resisted the Hollow Men ridding him of reason | Adventures of superman vol 1 #616

Memory Manipulation: Counter Amalak trying to read his memories| Superman vol 1 #670

Perception Manipulation: Superman is capable of resisting Doctor Psycho's telepathy , which causes people's perceptions to be warped throughout infinite possibilities | action comic vol 1 #830

Petrificaiton: Superman resists Blaze's ability to bring out one's darkness to turn them to stone | Adventures of Superman vol 1 #470

Plot Manipulation: Retconn Corporations is incapable of making narrative adjustments to the story of Superman | JLA/Doom patrol Special

Power Nullification: Superman resisted the Hollow Men from taking away his powers, emotions, colour, willpower, energy, life-force, dreams, and imagination | Adventures of superman vol 1 #616 (though the whole arc spans from #612 to #616.)

Quantum Manipulation: Superman can withstand Monarch's quantum power | Countdown:Arena #4

Sealing: Superman resisted the effect of the Source Wall, which seals even the Highfather, Darkseid, and Perpetua. | Superman/Batman vol 1 #42

Sleep Manipulation: Superman resists Utopian's sleep-inducing technology | Superman 80 page giant vol 1 #1

Sound Manipulation: Superman built up an immunity to Banshee's scream , which induces death, disrupts the etheric fibers of the soul, and induces deafening | Action comic Vol 1 #662

ÔÇ¿Text Manipulation: Superman defeated the Hollow Men despite the ending being written in their favour | Adventures of superman vol 1 #616 (though the whole arc spans from #612 to #616.)

Yes. Thank you for helping out.

So, is it fine if I close this thread then?

The Superman in Countdown Arena is Earth-31 Superman (aka Miller Superman), not the prime Post-Crisis Superman.

Did Stefano and Firestorm accept anything here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back