• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman Overhauling

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be verified

Abilities

Enhanced Senses additons

Absorption additio

Antimatter Manipulation Superman's Heat Vision can accelerate the creation of virtual particles

Cosmic Manipulation Can create miniature supernovae

Electrio-Magnetic Manipulation and Aura additons

Portal Creation and BFR

Information Analysis additio:

Limited Radiation Manipulation via Heat Vision: Created a EMP

Limited Invisibility Attack: Indicates he can make his Heat Vision invisible

Limited Deconstruction via Phasing: By vibrating his arm at an incredible rate , he disintegrate's Cyborg Superman.

Misc.

He functions properly in a place that exists for only a few nanoseconds (the robot is his future self)

Resistances
Magic: Superman reverses Etrigan's magic with his willpower and conviction | Action Comics vol 1 #762

Ice Manipulation: Superman casually broke out of Cythonna's ice | Superman: Last God of Krypton

Energy and Power Absorption:

Gravity Manipulation: Superman was consumed by a black hole that consumes the universe and he prevails.| This is a dream

Chaos Manipulation: Superman resisted Osiris's touch that is stated to bringchaos, hatred, death, and despair

Darkness Manipulation: Superman broke out of Eclipso's darkness

Disease Manipulation: Superman can cure diseases within himself by letting the life-force of the universe flow through him.

Hellfire Manipulation: Can withstand Etrigan demonic flame's

Holy Manipulation: Superman Blue can withstand the scouring light of heave

Precognition and Information Analysis: Lex Luthor is incapable of analysing Superman when making anti-Superman technology, claiming he is far too unpredictable and difficult to control

Information Manipulation: Superman resisted the Hollow Meridding him of reason

Perception Manipulation: Superman is capable of resisting Doctor Psycho's telepathy , which causes people's perceptions to be warped throughout infinite possibilities

Quantum Manipulation: Superman can withstand Monarch's quantum power. | Unless Monarch was intentionally trying to alter his opponents, theres not much of a distinction with regular energy blasts.

Sound Manipulation: Superman built up an immunity to Banshee's scream , which induces death, disrupts the etheric fibers of the soul, and induces deafening. | It's unclear if he has an imunity or it's the axe's enchantment

Transmutation: Superman resisted several magical attempts of being transmuted into salt. | Wouldn't this be transmutation through magic?

Text Manipulation: Superman defeated the Hollow Men despite the ending being written in their favour. | I do not know enough about Ben Conrad's abilities to give a proper judgement. Seems to just be a form of reality warping to bring the characters to life and etc.

ABoogieYesSir said:
===Portal Creation and BFR===
Nothing suggests Superman opened a boom tube on his own.
I think it's odd that the site hasn't particularly looked into the Phantom Zone Projector as optional equipment for Superman.

I've considered making a thread on it, but I'm not sure how in-depth that would need to be. If you've simply just decided against it for whatever reason in the past, let me know.

What does it mean to have Resistance to Ice Manipulation? Does it mean being immune to cold, being frozen, being turned into ice, being hit by ice, or something else?

If there are still parts to evaluate, you can ask Eficiente for help.

From Firestorm's "To be verified":

• All his types of Enhanced Senses are better suited to a respect thread tbh. Or at least a larger explanation section at the bottom rather than clogging up the P/A section.
  • The vibrations BFR is tentatively legit, but Superman opening a boom tube was because Barda loaned him her Mother Box in that arc
  • Yeah, his Info Analysis deserves a wider explanation just like his Enhanced Senses
I can't see any of the other links.

@POTM

Thank you for helping out.

@Boogie

Okay. No problem.

I'm a little iffy on giving Superman resistance to magic and hellfire. Superman is too consistently vulnerable to magic and in the scan for the hellfire, Superman is shown to really struggle just so he could lay his hand on Etrigan

Yeah ok, Hellfire and Magic is helter-skelter.

And the Hollow Men steals the colors of their victims, is that Concept Manipulate?

I do not think that it seems like an actual power. Sorry.

Not even that most likely. It is probably just plot convenience.

So what has been accepted to be applied here, in summary?

Looking at the rest of the "To be verified" section in Firestorm's comment:

• Absorption - no on both counts from me. First one is wrong since Superman just inhaled it and breathed it out at the end of the issue you linked. Second one is written more like a natural consequence than an actual ability Superman has.
  • Electromagnetic Manipulation/Aura - first one is Post-Flashpoint. Second one is already on his profile in a more detailed way.
  • Resistance to Magic - No. That very same issue had Etrigan harm Superman using magic. What Superman did at the end was take advantage of the magic property of the mist he was already 100% affected by.
  • Resistance to Ice - I'm fine with that.
  • Resistance to Energy Absorption - Superman needs an entire Superman Blue key for this to be relevant on the profile. Until then this scan would just be out of place.
  • Resistance to Chaos Manipulation - Unless you give a scan of it actually doing anything and not just flowery language from an archaeologist-looking guy, I don't see enough evidence.
  • Resistance to Darkness Manipulation - The scan says it's a beam of black light, not a solid barrier of darkness. This has a very good Resistance to Possession feat though, although a similar one involving Neron is already on the profile.
  • Resistance to Disease - No scan
  • Resistance to Hellfire - Superman is actively harmed by hellfire on various occasions, so no
  • Resistance to Holy Manipulation - Again, need a Superman Blue key for this to be relevant
  • Resistance to Information Manipulation - This reads like standard mind resistance, an ability already on his profile
  • Resistance to Perception - The scan says nothing about Superman resisting anything.
  • Resistance to Sound - The scan outright says the axe he has probably plays a part in that, so no
  • Resistance to Transmutation - This is fine
  • Resistance to Text Manipulation - The scans seem to say that the guy writing the enemies had them self-destruct, so how is this any sort of resistance on Superman's part?

@POTM

Thank you for helping out. What you accepted can probably be applied, but not what was rejected.

@Firestorm808

Thank you for helping out. What you accepted can probably be applied.

@Firestorm808

PrinceOfTheMorning:

From Firestorm's "To be verified":

• All his types of Enhanced Senses are better suited to a respect thread tbh. Or at least a larger explanation section at the bottom rather than clogging up the P/A section.
  • The vibrations BFR is tentatively legit, but Superman opening a boom tube was because Barda loaned him her Mother Box in that arc
  • Yeah, his Info Analysis deserves a wider explanation just like his Enhanced Senses

So the Enhanced Senses, BFR, and Info Analysis was accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back