• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman Invulnerability Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman is one of the most well known characters in the world and one the most popular on and off site. He has more versions on here then any other character that I'm aware of. As such though, this means that there is a lot of common mistakes between them. The main one we're here to talk about is about Superman having Invulnerability.

Now, Superman doesn't actually have Invulnerability as we define it here on site. He's just really tough. Now, we've gone some ways in removing this from various profiles. However, we haven't gotten to all the pages to remove them and even if we've taken Invulnerability from the Power and Abilities sections of these various pages, we haven't taken Invulnerability out of their categories section. This is important as these pages still show up as having Invulernability. That not only sends mixed messages to viewers and propogates misinformation for casual members but also makes us look sloppy in our editing.

As such, I calling to remove that Invulernability and it's category.

Below are the profiles that need to have Invulnerability removed from their P & A section, from their Categories Section or both:

Superman (Original) (Locked)

Superman (Pre-Crisis) (Locked)

Superman (Post-Crisis) (Locked)

Superman (Post-Flashpoint) (Locked)

Superman (Earth One)

Superman (All Star) (Locked)

Superman Prime (One Million) (Locked)

Superman (Strange Visitor) (Locked)

Superman (CW)

Superman (Fleischer)

Superman (One Million)

If this CRT is just regarding categories then it is a clean-up that required no CRT and I will take care of the changes.

Elizhaa said:
If this CRT is just regarding categories then it is a clean-up that required no CRT and I will take care of the changes.
If it involed P&A changes, this rhewad need to be a proper evaluated. My mistakes on this point because I originally believe it only involved categories cahnges,

Well

Invulnerability is the ability to be able to be immune to harm to an extent outside of the realm of conventional durability.

Considering this there's no way any normal Superman would qualify for this ability. So I agree that it should be removed.

Invulnerable characters can completely avoid taking damage at all from certain attacks

Many works of fiction consider extremely durable characters invulnerable, but this ability is only to be added onto a page if it is made clear that it is more than simply high durability and is not contradicted. In addition, the nature and specifics of the character's invulnerability must be mentioned to provide context and avoid the No Limits Fallacy.

I agreed with this a long time ago. And it was supposed to be removed from Supes profiles but I suppose there was a minor oversight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back