• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superior Octopus fights a Capcom supervillain

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
The world of Marvel vs. Capcom, or something similar.

M. Bison's contacts within the underworld informed him that a self-proclaimed hero in San Francisco has developed a revolutionary cloning technology, something has always interested Bison.
He doesn't know anything about who the hero is nor how this technology works, and he decides to see it by himself.

For some reason San Francisco was free of citizens, and Bison decides to storm this laboratory with some of his troops. They didn't precisely know where it was, but their information addressed several buildings. A matter of seconds after entering the first facility, the Shadaloo soldiers, Balrog, Vega and FANG are quickly kicked out by a mysterious figure dressed in green and white.

Doc. Ock: "Who are these idiots who are trying to invade my city? Don't you know that my Octo-Cameras can see everything and everyone?"

M. Bison: "Oh, so you are that "hero". Your cloning technology intrigues me. Step aside and I may let you live."

DO: "Oh, a supervillain who aims to conquer to world or something? Typical. You know, there was a time when I was like you... sorta. But now I am better. I am stronger... I am... Superior"

M.B: "Fool! No one is superior to my Psycho Power! You will learn it at your expenses!"

• These are Base M. Bison and Superior Octopus, I hope it's somewhat fair on both sides.
  • Speed is equalized
  • The battle takes place some city block away from Doc Ock's laboratory in San Francisco
  • Superior Octopus scales to 16.73 tons, while M. Bison scales above 48.67 tons
  • I may switch Bison to his next key if the fight is too unfair or unwinnable for him, let me know. Ock instead should be good like this, I fear Superior Spider-Man would stomp Bison.

Superior Octopus:
M. Bison: 7 (The Impress, Coolboy6, Confluctor, Oleggator, Sonicflare9, CBslayeR, Jamesthetaker)
Inconclusive:

superior_octopus_maa_by_redknightz01_db2inoe-fullview.png
Bison_%28Super_Street_Fighter_II%29.png

Last edited:
So from my understanding, this is actually the second instance he was the Superior Spider-Man, right?

Yes, after Spider Man returned to his original body, Octopus uploaded his consciousness into a robot and then into another clone of Peter created by Ben Reilly.

As Superior Octopus he retains his memory, has a body identical to Peter's and a new suit, of which I admittedly now very little, other than he hes his classic tentacles and some stuff.

Yes I have indeed read the run, and the run before that, and the run before that, so dw

but what I want clarification on is, is this pre-Spider-Geddon i.e. when he was in the Superior Octopus suit, or is this post-Spider-Geddon, where he was in the Superior Spider-Man suit.

Difference it makes is that Octopus has FAR LESS equipment on hand than Spider-Man, but retains higher AP and Immortalities

Ok, my bad.

I assume it's pre Spider-Geddon, at least judging from how the profile is structured.

It's rather shitty, or at least largely unknown.
He had to beat up Ryu before brainwashing him, has done the same off screen to Ken in an alternate story and needed to "work" on Cammy in order to restore he brainwashing.

But he never uses it in combat, at most he tries using it after having knocked out his opponent and has interesting in doing it for some reason.

Kk, I think Bison can kinda easily counter Ock's Immortality considering his apparatus is right there, and I think he also just KO Ock if it comes to a second time.

However, Doctor Octopus' LS is HUGE in comparison, and he uses it very often in his regular combat, so I think Otto takes this Low-Diff

I think it wouldn't be too easy for Bison to overcome Ock, even with his superior martial art skill, Ock has the Spider-Sense and his own skill, the first especially would be a great tool, right? (even though the writers often downplay it).

I did put them close to the apparatus to avoid forcing Ock to, like, take some hours or days to return after death. Maybe moving the battlefield a bit more far away from the laboratory would make the battle more fair? Ock would be able to return more quickly, and Bison wouldn't discover it, or at least not immediately.

Bison can teleport and he kinda spams it in combat, I don't think pinning him down works as a wincon. (it still is a good advantage, though)

Actually I think Ock's Spider Sense is notably weaker than Parker's, can still counter teleportation tho, most likely

...this is actually a good match, I'll have to think about it.

Thanks, I always try to make matches the more fair I can for both sides.

(Also, I've changed the plot to fit the new rules)

Okay so, I think if LS oneshot is out of the question, Ock's chances of winning are considerably hurt, and the AP difference becomes VERY relevant.

Bison does seem to have more skill on him than Ock, and while Teleportation spam can be countered by Spider-Sense, I don't believe that it can reliably detect melee attacks.

I think Bison wins this mid to high-diff

Maybe put the votecount in the title, it attracts users.
I've always been against that because I don't want to push the votes for a site or another, and asking for votes just to finish the match is kinda that.

I'd be fine even if several other people came in voting Octopus, even bringing the votes to a standstill.

Can Otto even do anything against Bison's immortality? (Or do anything at all?)

I would prefer regular Superior, but it would probably be a stomp.

Bison's immortality is pretty useless, he can't possess all types of people (it is better elaborated in his weaknesses section) and as a ghost he can't really do anything other than trying to possess specific individuals.

I thought about using regular Superior, but I was afraid it would have been a stomp in his favor (as you said) even without preparation. I may make another thread with that version instead, if the match isn't a stomp (I don't care about the winner, I just want it to be fair).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back