• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Bros. CRT again

I agree with Low 2-C and Immeasurable speed Sandbag

Okay legit I did evaluate the High 7-A calc, and, they should be Massively FTL+ based on various people deflecting and dodging this

which for some reason I can't comment on as of the moment, but the low end should be good for it.

Doesn't the Moon have a statement about destroying the world in one of the previous games (in Majora's trophy)?

Anyway, both the AP and Speed upgrade seem legit.

Well, it does, but when it actually gets used it doesn't destroy a whole lot of anything, so I'm not sure about it myself, especially if it's not in Smash Ultimate itself

>Smash CRT

Let's upgrade the entire Smash cast to Low 2-C

For real, while this seems fine, there was also an Oil Panic E=MC2 calc that gave Tier 6 results. It was rejected back then since we were far more strict about these kind of calcs back then. But we're less so now.

G&W's 2-D no?

I'd assume his oil would be significantly less heavy than actual oil.

High 7-A seems fine, disagree with using the mass energy stuff

Firstly, the actual act of conversion here isn't really portrayed as a feat. Creating a tier 6 amount of oil would flood a massive area, which blatantly does not happen.

Secondly, to assume that this action here actually abides by physics when basically nothing else G&W does and there's no acknowledgement of this seems strange to me.

Thirdly, Oil Panic when you grab stuff stronger than like foxes lasers usually just kills, so nobody can really scale to it anyways.

1 & 3: That's not how E=MC2 works though. G&W doesn't create "Tier 6 amount of oil". It's just that to create even a small amount of matter, an enormous amount of energy is needed. What we calc is the amount of energy needed to create the oil. So what's Tier 6 is the energy that G&W absorbed to create the oil, stuff like Samus' charge shots or the likes.

Also plz, Oil Panic is rarely, if ever, an OHKO in SSBU anymore.

It kills at like 30 whenever I get hit by it, though maybe snake's explosions are just really strong. When most characters dont have moves that can kill as early as oil panic and die far faster to it than basically everything else, I don't think we would scale it out to everyone .

Using energy conversion would also imply that Fox's lasers have the same amount of energy as something like the shadow ball, which we know is blatantly false. The difference is represented in game by damage but the model is the same, so by energy conversion they'd be the same which we know to be untrue when one doesn't even flinch you and the other kills at kill precents.

Oh believe me, even strong attacks struggle to OHKO. Not that it matters, since the oil part isn't the actual Tier 6 thng.

Fox's lasers take like, 3 shots to fill a bucket, whereas a charged shadow ball only takes one. The amount of oil created IS proportionate to the strength behind the attacks. A weak attack will create less oil and a stronger one will create more. Sure, the bucket will fill 1/3rd of itself on any attack, but I'd argue that it's more game mechanics to simplify the process (and reference the original game) than anything.

A bit more. People knowledgable like Cal could work.

Also can I hiijack your thread to talk about our problem with unneeded Smash versions or nah?

So uh yeah.

Piranha Plant and King K. Rool certainly don't need Smash versions for their profiles. They have enough appearances and characterization outside of Smash that a version for their Smash appearance is unneeded. The same is true for Kirby, especially since no one will scale from him anymore. I don't know if anyone else has unneded Smash profiles, but if so, they should go.

On the other hand, the Smash version of the Game & Watch characters have been removed in the past for no good reasons, and I'd like to bring them back, since these characters are actually completely different from their original versions, both in term of stats and in term of the character in general (Normal human with superhuman stats vs 2-D eldritch being made out of shadow bugs).

No, no, and no.

DHD, Wii Fit, and R.O.B. have literally no character outside of Smash Bros.

Hell, R.O.B. has an entire special backstory just for Smash Bros. He's the last of his kind and had his entire race ******* genocided

Edwardtruong2006 said:
No, no, and no.
DHD, Wii Fit, and R.O.B. have literally no character outside of Smash Bros.

Hell, R.O.B. has an entire special backstory just for Smash Bros. He's the last of his kind and had his entire race ******* genocided
yeah thats what I figured. There would be no point in any of there profiles without smash scaling.

Yeah, most "Retro" or "Unexpected" characters have good reasons to have profiles, given that they have little to no powers nor characterization outside of Smash. This includes Duck Hunt Dog, Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B., Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, etc. Probably Captain Falcon too.

Also, Metal Mario and Isabelle should probably be removed.

Btw Mr. Game & Watch himself never had his Smash key removed. I'm talking about minor G&W characters like Chef or Zookeepers, who have scaling to other characters and new abilities based on their portrayal in Smash.

Thing is that Mr. Game & Watch is borderline a Smash-original character, so I don't think that making completely separate profiles would be relevant for him. I'd rather keep them as keys.

You can. Probably.

Guess I'll take care of the non-Mr. G&W Game & Watch profiles later, when I have time.

Back