• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Multi-Continent Bros? (Mario Bros High 6-A proposal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuji did say mario was still severely injured. So no reason to scale

Didnt you ask this or did I misremember
Nah, that was for base Mario. JT is asking about giving Paper Mario a separate key for when he has all the Star Spirits, which has its own issues. Don't they just negate the Star Rod's power, rather than matching it outright? Doesn't seem like it'd apply to AP.

He was just asking you to be respectful.
I'll start being respectful when you and everyone else decides to stop trolling and being sarcastic in this thread. Maybe I'll even respect you more when you and Kirb decide to stop making such petty downgrades for the Mario Bros out of spite.

But other than that, sure; I'll be respectful right now, so I do sincerely apologize for the hostility and insults. Now, let's get on with the proposal, shall we?

Last edited:
it's more so a power nullification ability that also requires unity rather than a statistic upscale.
Yeah at least in the English it's called a power draining ability by eldstar. And using it outside of the Bowser fight; the enemies you it doesn't vaporize them; moreso acts as a stat debuffer.

For the quotes about the star spirits implying they needed to get power from wishes and such to match Bowser's "strength"; Mario cannot just brute force hammer hit or stomp on Bowser to harm him in invincibility state; so his base being relative at all with that is iffy.

I'll start being respectful when you and everyone else decides to stop trolling and being sarcastic in this thread. Maybe I'll even respect you more when you and Kirb decide to stop making such petty downgrades for the Mario Bros out of spite.
mm, nah

Your CRTs regularly have glaring logical issues and every time, your response to people pointing those out is to snap and assume that they're biased or derailing, and then you have the gall to attack anyone calling out this behavior. It's childish. The fact that you'll sit here and admit that you will continue to be an asshole merely because you don't like how other people scale your verse (while bringing up someone who isn't even in this thread) shows that you think you can just pick fights and sit back and remain immune to rightful criticism. Whether that's an issue of ego or naivety doesn't matter to me; Someone needs to actually say something about the way you act in these threads, because god knows it isn't getting better on its own.

If your listed age is accurate, 27 is far too old to be doing this kind of thing. Go do your taxes or something.

mm, nah

Your CRTs regularly have glaring logical issues and every time, your response to people pointing those out is to snap and assume that they're biased or derailing, and then you have the gall to attack anyone calling out this behavior. It's childish. The fact that you'll sit here and admit that you will continue to be an asshole merely because you don't like how other people scale your verse (while bringing up someone who isn't even in this thread) shows that you think you can just pick fights and sit back and remain immune to rightful criticism. Whether that's an issue of ego or naivety doesn't matter to me; Someone needs to actually say something about the way you act in these threads, because god knows it isn't getting better on its own.

If your listed age is accurate, 27 is far too old to be doing this kind of thing. Go do your taxes or something.
So what if my CRTS have glaring logical issues? At least some of them got passed such as my Hellboy and Spawn CRTS that I put my blood, sweat, and tears into while others I've made actually proved to be beneficial to the wiki such as my Expanding the References for Common Feats page. I never made any CRTS that were intended to downgrade any verse on this wiki like you and your friends did; I've always tried to get interested in and knowledgeable about certain verses and at the same time I've grown to like them. And I never said anything about the Mario Bros being my favorite verse; I may be a Mario Bros fan because I've grown up playing more games from the franchise than any others, but that doesn't mean I believe the verse is unbeatable or should reach things like Outerverse levels of AP. At best, I do believe it should qualify for "At least 2-A" and quite possibly Low 1-C, but nothing higher than that. I can be pretty humble when it comes to that verse; I just believe you all constantly undermine how powerful it can actually be.

And before you even lecture me on my age and doing something like paying taxes, I work two jobs and do everything I can to discipline my body, but it sure as hell isn't easy since I hardly have the time to stay in shape because of my tight schedule. So until you get to my age or unless you already are or above it, don't act like you know me.

Last edited:
So what if my CRTS have glaring logical issues? At least some of them got passed such as my Hellboy and Spawn CRTS that I put my blood, sweat, and tears into while others I've made actually proved to be beneficial to the wiki such as my Expanding the References for Common Feats page. I never made any CRTS that were intended to downgrade any verse on this wiki like you and your friends did; I've always tried to get interested in and knowledgeable about certain verses and at the same time I've grown to like them. And I never said anything about the Mario Bros being my favorite verse; I may be a Mario Bros fan because I've grown up playing more games from the franchise than any others, but that doesn't mean I believe the verse is unbeatable or should reach things like Outerverse levels of AP. At best, I do believe it should qualify for "At least 2-A" and quite possibly Low 1-C, but nothing higher than that. I can be pretty humble when it comes to that verse; I just believe you all constantly undermine how powerful it can actually be.

And before you even lecture me on my age and doing something like paying taxes, I work two jobs and do everything I can to discipline my body, but it sure as hell isn't easy since I hardly have the time to stay in shape because of my tight schedule. So until you get to my age or unless you already are or above it, don't act like you know me.
Unreal levels of missing the point on display here. The way you talk down to other people in threads while avoiding responsibility for your own words and actions is a constant issue with you. If you refuse to acknowledge that, then there's nothing else I can say to you. I genuinely do not give a shit about your other CRTs. Just play nice, or don't expect other people to continue putting up with you.

Unreal levels of missing the point on display here. The way you talk down to other people in threads while avoiding responsibility for your own words and actions is a constant issue with you. If you refuse to acknowledge that, then there's nothing else I can say to you. I genuinely do not give a shit about your other CRTs. Just play nice, or don't expect other people to continue putting up with you.
Well, I'm trying to be nice to you in this thread, but you and your friends are constantly being sarcastic and trolling in it, so of course I was gonna talk down to you because it was aggravating.

Now please, no more sarcasm and no more trolling, then I'll be nice to you. Thank you.

Well, I'm trying to be nice in this thread, but you and your friends are constantly being sarcastic and trolling in it, so of course I was gonna talk down to you because it was aggravating.

Now please, no more sarcasm, and no more trolling. Thank you.
Its not rly sarcasm its just light trolling, which you might be taking too literal. I get not liking it. Again, can we go back to the topic? This entire thread just been embarrassing arguments.

Its not rly sarcasm its just light trolling, which you might be taking too literal. I get not liking it. Again, can we go back to the topic? This entire thread just been embarrassing arguments.
Okay, maybe I am taking it too literally, but some users here have admitted that they were being sarcastic, though I'm not gonna point fingers. Let's just end that discussion here; I'm sorry I offended and was hostile towards everyone here.
Holy midoff can u two go to dms instead of embarrassing yourselves here
Already sent an apology to her in the DMs, btw.
I guess you and your friend aren't so bad as I thought, Fuji; at least you and him didn't advocate for the Super Mario Bros being lover than tier 6 when it came to that downgrade.

Last edited:
Now, we have three agreements on this proposal (one being a mod)
“I won’t toy with you anymore” means he was toying with him prior to making that declaration, so scaling to the Star Rod’s full power is kinda iffy.
What is Maverick's vote on this so far?

Well if the calc members have no issues with the calc, I don't have a problem with it being used so I can agree with it. I can't really speak on scaling since I don't follow the Mario verse anymore like I use to.

Well if the calc members have no issues with the calc, I don't have a problem with it being used so I can agree with it. I can't really speak on scaling since I don't follow the Mario verse anymore like I use to.
We already agreed we can't scale base Paper Mario to the Star Rod, so that's why we're giving him a High 6-A key with the Star Spirits. Are you fine with that?

If Mario was amped by the Star Spirits in the final battle with Bowser, wouldn't Bowser scale AP-wise with the attacks he used to damage Mario that didn't use the Star Rod?
Probably! Just having the wand is amping him physically prior to the invincibility wish. Fighting him in the end game you aren't expected to get one shot; although this does lead to circular scaling.

"Skolar: ... Mario. I have one bit of bad news.
Unfortunately, Bowser's life force seems to be getting stronger all the
time.
Most likely it's the Star Rod that's giving him more power.
We're not even sure if he's noticing it or not, but there's no question
that it's making him stronger than before."

I disagree. There is no indication that it is the Star Spirits who provide the boost in strength to Paper Mario; the only thing they are guaranteed to do is remove the active boost given to Paper Bowser by the Star Rod.

I disagree. There is no indication that it is the Star Spirits who provide the boost in strength to Paper Mario; the only thing they are guaranteed to do is remove the active boost given to Paper Bowser by the Star Rod.
The Star Spirits were the only force combined that could counteract the Star Rod in the final battle with Bowser. You had to use the Star Beam and Peach Beam to negate Bowser's invulnerability bestowed onto him by the Star Rod.

But still, the whole point of the first Paper Mario game was to retrieve all 7 of the Star Spirits, because Mario was shown to be no match for Paper Bowser with the Star Rod without the Star Spirits. One implies that his power would help Mario defeat Bowser and retrieve the Star Rod and the end of the 7th chapter states Mario has the power to challenge Bowser and the Star Rod.
The only reason for which Paper Mario couldn't defeat Paper Bowser was because of the invincibility wish that only the Star Beam could negate. Both of the quotes you linked could be referring to the Star Beam. The only things the Star Spirits are confirmed to give Paper Mario are the Star Powers (which merely summon them) and an increase to his Star Gauge (allowing him to summon them more often).

The only reason for which Paper Mario couldn't defeat Paper Bowser was because of the invincibility wish that only the Star Beam could negate. Both of the quotes you linked could be referring to the Star Beam. The only things the Star Spirits are confirmed to give Paper Mario are the Star Powers (which merely summon them) and an increase to his Star Gauge (allowing him to summon them more often).
Is that why you're against a Star Spirits key for Paper Mario? The idea of giving him one is because it was the only way he could defeat Bowser with the Star Rod.

Last edited:
Is that why you're against a Star Spirits key for Paper Mario? The idea of giving him one is because it was the only way he could defeat Bowser with the Star Rod.
As Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara said, the Star Beam does not deal damage, and only nullifies the Star Beam's boost. Even if it DID deal damage, it would only justify a "Island level, Multi-Continent level with the Star Beam, higher with the Peach Beam" attack potency, and not striking strength or durability as was in your draft.

As Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara said, the Star Beam does not deal damage, and only nullifies the Star Beam's boost. Even if it DID deal damage, it would only justify a "Island level, Multi-Continent level with the Star Beam, higher with the Peach Beam" attack potency, and not striking strength or durability as was in your draft.
He was taking in hits from Bowser with the Star Rod while he had the Star Spirits, and when they used the Star Beam that one time, it didn't work on Bowser; he knocked them all away while amped by the Star Rod. Why do you think that doesn't scale to durability? It took their power to heal Mario from the damage he received from the Star Rod Bowser used to amplify his might, The Star Spirits should absolutely scale to the Star Rod in this case. They weren't just nullifying Bowser's invulnerability, they were giving Mario power.

Last edited:
He was taking in hits from Bowser with the Star Rod while he had the Star Spirits
That doesn't mean that it was the Star Spirits who gave him the durability.

when they used the Star Beam that one time, it didn't work on Bowser; he knocked them all away while amped by the Star Rod
This would be a feat for the Star Spirits, not Paper Mario.

It took their power to heal Mario from the damage he received from the Star Rod Bowser used to amplify his might
Healing is different from durability.

They weren't just nullifying Bowser's invulnerability, they were giving Mario power.
What is your source for them directly affecting his statistics, as opposed to giving him new Star Powers?

In other news, I just thought up a new CRT for Paper Mario, but I'll have to cook it for a while. For now, I'll let this thread run its course.

Last edited:
I have next to no knowledge on Mario scaling, but I have no issues with the accepted calc being used. I just can't comment much on the scaling.

I would like to be made aware of Mario revisions in the future.

Just like everyone, I disagree with the High 6-A being scaled to everyone, but additionally I don't think anyone ever countered the claims that the Star Spirits are just powernull rather than a physical amplification for Paper Mario- which to my understanding is indeed the case.

meh, i wouldn't say getting swatted away by an attack really means you scale to it, when bowser's got a history of holding back in this game

It was their power that created the Star Beam in the first place when Mario collected them. Does their attack potency not scale to the Star Rod's in this case? And since they withstood a hit from Bowser who was amped by the Star Rod, couldn't that scale to their durability?

meh, i wouldn't say getting swatted away by an attack really means you scale to it, when bowser's got a history of holding back in this game
Have you even seen the animation? This is nowhere near Bowser's full power.
It was their power that created the Star Beam in the first place when Mario collected them. Does their attack potency not scale to the Star Rod's in this case?
As has been already said: it doesn't deal damage, so it wouldn't apply for attack potency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back