• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What would timed hits being able to hit multiple enemies count as? That'd be shock wave generation right? The game even has a little animation of what looks like a shock wave whenever any character does timed hits correctly.
Maybe Damage Boost? I haven't seen the new animation for them though.

Upgrades, downgrades, I don't care 'bout any of that I only care about one thing and it's the OTP

dgft1hs-70055982-c1c7-420d-8048-5c97c5d33308.jpg

This ain't real.. right?

Looks good, I think action locking would be powernull over sealing though. I would also consider the HP to 1 stuff to be Duraneg

I think action locking would be powernull over sealing though.
At first I thought about that, but the action locking extends to more than just special attacks like Mario's Fireball, Mallow's Thunderbolt, so on and so forth. It also prevents items and basic attacks; I (personally) don't believe power null would really work under that context, since some of these attacks are Mario kicking a large Koopa shell or Mallow swinging a stick, but either one works for me, I have no qualms with it being power null
I would also consider the HP to 1 stuff to be Duraneg
I feel like Dura Neg would be for the mortal blow / instant death stuff, where it doesn't deal an explicit damage number, but just instantly defeats a party member unless it can be prevented with stuff like the Attack Scarf or Quartz Charm

Here, Culex is just dealing an insane amount of damage with Meteor and Final Claw (although you didn't mention Final Claw), not exactly dealing instant death since the accessories that can prevent instant death don't prevent the high damage

At first I thought about that, but the action locking extends to more than just special attacks like Mario's Fireball, Mallow's Thunderbolt, so on and so forth. It also prevents items and basic attacks; I (personally) don't believe power null would really work under that context, since some of these attacks are Mario kicking a large Koopa shell or Mallow swinging a stick, but either one works for me, I have no qualms with it being power null
I get what you mean but honestly I feel like Sealing is specifically for locking people away rather than powers. Honestly it might be limited Law Manip?
I feel like Dura Neg would be for the mortal blow / instant death stuff, where it doesn't deal an explicit damage number, but just instantly defeats a party member unless it can be prevented with stuff like the Attack Scarf or Quartz Charm

Here, Culex is just dealing an insane amount of damage with Meteor and Final Claw (although you didn't mention Final Claw), not exactly dealing instant death since the accessories that can prevent instant death don't prevent the high damage
Duraneg doesn't need to be lethal, something that always deals fixed HP or percentage damage would count as that IMO (I know we count stuff like Dragon Rage from Pokemon which always deals 40 hp of dmg as duraneg)
Now now, you can't say anything bad about the mod fra train meta 🔨
You guys have been whining about this for like two weeks now and nobody's told you anything, you're fully aware I saw all of these posts and didn't delete any of them, you've openly accused me of collusion to my face like four times and I just kinda ignored it, fym you "can't say anything bad"?

I get what you mean but honestly I feel like Sealing is specifically for locking people away rather than powers.
The Sealing page itself also details that one such "type" of Sealing is "removing or locking attributes or even concepts of a target. Examples include sealing a target's magic or ki energy, or even their movement or consciousness."

I'm definitely fine with it being Power Null if you think that fits more, but in the context of "preventing X action from being used" rather than "nullifying the effects of X action" or something similar, I believe Sealing is a more fitting ability in this case
Duraneg doesn't need to be lethal, something that always deals fixed HP or percentage damage would count as that IMO (I know we count stuff like Dragon Rage from Pokemon which always deals 40 hp of dmg as duraneg)
Huh, never knew that. I guess if Dragon Rage counts as dura neg, then I don't mind Meteor and Final Claw being dura neg

Back