• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Mario Galaxy Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually does. If Bowser can tank several things worse than Large Star, than the Supernova survival feat is not an outlier. Simple. Mario regularly fights Bowser, there's nothing conflicting with it.

@Crop. How many times have we waited for DBS...anything due to having a new episode coming out? And again, the obvious Dark Gaia thing who would be nowhere near 4-A without powerscaling, no matter how casual that feat was. And I'm pretty sure Sonic Unleashed happened with an event involving Super Sonic. When someone has feats of durability that many times, and it isn't completely unbelievable (as in tier 2 or infinite/immeasurable), then calling it outlier is a bit downplaying.

And Mario barely shows struggling with Bowser for the most part. He is normally just blindsided and has to go through 8 worlds.

DBS episodes come out every 2 weeks. SMG3 hasn't even been officially revealed yet.

It isn't simply that the feat was casual. Dark Gaia fought Sonic in a stronger form, there's no contradiction.

One of the feats is tier 2 (fighting Culex), and he does struggle with Bowser seeing as Bowser can actually trade blows with him.

@Dino feats higher than large star justify a durability higher than large star. Other large star durability feats would make it not an outlier. If anything we might need this supernova calculated.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...dreaming_of_galaxy_3_sunshine_hd_and_unicorns

Still doesn't counter things like Knuckles upper cutting Super out of Sonic and Eggman getting Sonic in that machine in Unleashed.

I never mentioned scaling to Culex, though it should be used as a sign that Mario's not lower than 4-A. And the other things you said are just false. Trading blows=\= struggling, otherwise Beerus struggled with SSG Goku, and feats higher would justify at the very least a not outlier. Otherwise, Star level DBZ would be an outlier, as Cell is SS and Bui's best feat was Small Star

@Crop Then by your logic, we should scale Mario to Bowser's Universal durability then since he has more of those feats then making this entire thread pointless and their page more convoluted. Otherwise, your argument is rather inconsistent. Large Star rating simply makes more sense since this actually one of Bowser's lower end durability feats. Plus, not only Mario fought Bowser in the game where he had the feat but also in BIS, right after Bowser fought and defeated Dark Bowser, who copied his abilties which is amplified with dark powers.

I'm rather tired of this redundant argument. A simple Small City to Large Star level, the latter due to regularly facing base Bowser who can survive around that level should suffice with a possibility of being 4-A or higher due to fighting enemies or amped up Bowsers around this. It's simply more logical and Mario have fought enough opponents to warrant at least a possiblity of a higher rating no matter how you see it or excuses you have. I'll wait for others input because right now, I'm just about done with this topic.

No, I meant there's not even any gameplay footage or anything. All we have is that it's going to be made. Nothing else.

Eggman trapping him in the machine was because Sonic was off-guard and Eggman has MSS technology so it would make sense. It's the same thing as Goku getting hurt by Sorbet's laser. Knuckles punched Hyper Sonic out of Hyper Form, not super, and even then he could've simply jumped him into dropping the emeralds.

You said it would be unbelievable if there was a tier 2 feat. So, there was a tier 2 feat. Except Beerus was explicitly holding back and not going all-out. Mario doesn't show any signs of holding back and he still can't one-shot base Bowser.

I am fine with "varies from small city to [calculated value of supernova feat]" at this point. I've asked for the supernova to be calced and am waiting for results.

I would like to state some facts. 1.It was stated in the prima SMG guide book that the Grandstars power can Reset the universe and Mario himself was able to use its power as well. 2.that BlackHole at the end of SMG 1 was using a fraction of the Grandstar energy and was stated to be able to destroy the fabric of the universe making that blackhole at least universal+in attack potency.

MicDaniel said:
I would like to state some facts. 1.It was stated in the prima SMG guide book that the Grandstars power can Reset the universe and Mario himself was able to use its power as well. 2.that BlackHole at the end of SMG 1 was using a fraction of the Grandstar energy and was stated to be able to destroy the fabric of the universe making that blackhole at least universal+in attack potency.

is prima guide book info like that canon or official?

Eh, but it shows he's capable. And in Super Mario 64 it was stated that the more power stars Mario collects the stronger he gets.

But again, he never used it in combat or in a fight. It's simply unjust to scale him to items he never used in a fight. However, the Power Stars seems more valid.

Dino Ranger Black said:
@Crop Then by your logic, we should scale Mario to Bowser's Universal durability then since he has more of those feats then making this entire thread pointless and their page more convoluted. Otherwise, your argument is rather inconsistent. Large Star rating simply makes more sense since this actually one of Bowser's lower end durability feats. Plus, not only Mario fought Bowser in the game where he had the feat but also in BIS, right after Bowser fought and defeated Dark Bowser, who copied his abilties which is amplified with dark powers.

I'm rather tired of this redundant argument. A simple Small City to Large Star level, the latter due to regularly facing base Bowser who can survive around that level should suffice with a possibility of being 4-A or higher due to fighting enemies or amped up Bowsers around this. It's simply more logical and Mario have fought enough opponents to warrant at least a possiblity of a higher rating no matter how you see it or excuses you have. I'll wait for others input because right now, I'm just about done with this topic.
I am fine with this. The only question is if the varies rating should have a higher upper border?

Also, you should preferably make sure to provide good explanations for Mario's statistics in his profile page, possibly in an explanation section at the bottom: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Standard_Format_for_Character_Profiles

Considering Mario at least fought a sufficient amount of enemies above Bowser, I believe the higher end is warrant. It's not like he faced an amped Bowser only once. Plus, it's only a possibility scaling, not an actual scaling. Still, I will notify that.

I meant that maybe the upper border should be higher.

Regarding what I said earlier about Mario being both incredibly inconsistent and literally not having a continuity, pehaps a mixture of my previous suggestion and DRB's may work.

I think "Unknown. Varies from Low 7-B to 3-C" (or whatever the lower and upper bounds of his showings are) could be a compromise and one that unlike my older idea of the keys, wouldn't fill up the page or make it a mess.

@Ryu But the 3-C feat was the reason we made this thread. That's why I sugest scaling Mario and Luigi only to Bowser in base with the battle against his amp forms or anyone else above that level which starts at 4-A being only a possibility.

@DRB I see that. But the main reason with this thread is to apply Mario to standards of consistency like what Kirby has. However I feel both his extremely variable range of power plus the series having no canon or continuity, hence no established level of consistent power really would make it more appropriate to put him at a variable tier like Spongebob, Bugs, Popeye etc. Rather than trying to make some sense of consistency with him that he clearly does not have.

If most people agree with discarding SMG though, I guess I am fine with that.

@Ryu True but what is consistent is that he always tend to fight Bowser, whether he is the main antagonist or not, hence why I believe scaling to him actually is justified. Anything else starting from the low end will simply be a possibility.

@Crop Yes they do. Bugs and Popeye are Unknown regularly and Low 2-C "at their peaks."

@DRB Doesn't Bowser have variable levels of power outside of the Galaxy stuff as well? Once again if people want 3-C to be discarded from them that's fine, but a variable tier for Mario may be best in my opinion.

That's not a variable tier, his power doesn't have a listed range. But this is beside the point, a varable tier is fine by me but we have to find a reasonable middle ground for his tier and ignore the absurd high-ends. Even large star is already a bit of a stretch imo for several reasons but I can accept it.

I guess another possible compromise could be...

"Unknown. Varies from Low 7-B to High 4-C, possibly 3-C at his peak"

@Ryu Variable how? Bowser have been consistently shown to have significant amount of durability and power. The only possible exception are his playable appearances in Sports Spin-offs which is likely due to balance sake. There's simply nothing wrong with scaling Mario to Bowser's base stats.

@DRB his stats currently say

"Varies; Low 7-B to 6-B, 5-A in Mario Party 9 | 6-B, higher in Giant Form"

That sounds pretty variable to me. But what would their ratings be if we're just scaling them without a variable.

"possibly far higher" instead of "possibly 3-C". His high-end feat are too all over the place to put a definitive cap on him.

Ok look, everyone. I wish to end this as much as everyone else. Can we just agree to scale the Mario Bros to Bowser with 4-A or 3-C and higher being a possibility? We literally have been discussing about this topic this all day....

@DRB Well respecfully I personally don't think simply "I'm getting tired of this thread" and pointing out how long it's been going on are good reasons to stop discussing an important topic such as this. But I am willing to compromise something.

So what tier would you suggest we put Mario on specifically then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back