• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sun Wukong VS Konpaku Yomu (Lego Monkie Kid VS Touhou Project) 6/7/0

How is this Power Absorption?
NOT that, I'm referring to the power null and absorption resistance that they're mentioning when it comes to Monkie Kid and saying how wukong scales to it

Would be a nice power absorption resistance but it's -not- on Wukong's profile and it looks slightly inflated less I'm missing something

We're getting somewhere with this one!!
Sun Wukong and MK literally both come from Nuwa stones and Sun Wukong himself says that MK doesn't have to sacrifice himself to save all the realms as Sun Wukong tried to sacrifice himself instead of MK who was destined to save the realms

Sun Wukong and MK literally both come from Nuwa stones and Sun Wukong himself says that MK doesn't have to sacrifice himself to save all the realms as Sun Wukong tried to sacrifice himself instead of MK who was destined to save the realms
sorry but what does this have to do with anything...? I mean, gets me into wanting to watch the show, but still

Basically Sun Wukong and MK are nearly identical to each other to strength and powers as they're both stone monkeys that came from the same source

Over the course of the show, MK slowly achieves all of Sun Wukong's strength and powers as he learns to unlock his stone monkey heritage

Basically Sun Wukong and MK are nearly identical to each other to strength and powers as they're both stone monkeys that came from the same source

Over the course of the show, MK slowly achieves all of Sun Wukong's strength and powers as he learns to unlock his stone monkey heritage
I already believed you, but I was just talking about things that -weren't- in the profile, also.. may wanna check that power null and absorption resistance thing. It looks to be a confusing bit that looks mostly one over the other.

Also, you said contact based power null wouldn't be able to end the fight, what did you mean?

Votes are now 7-6

The chances of Sun Wukong restraining her first is more reliable basically. The staff, clones, sealing, explosions and chains are more reliable

I still think Youmu wins, she could spam, spam more projectiles, outrange him whittle him down little by little, overwhelm the clones, she probably is faster too. She also has invulnerability so.

To be completely honest, the match is in the hands of voters more.

So we'll have to see how much the results changes tomorrow to see if there's a winner or if this is inconclusive

I disagree with Wukong having an advantage in CQC.

The chains aren't super relevant. I'm fairly convinced Youmu is faster and she has a field around her that slows down incoming attacks while also being able to produce shockwaves to knock Wukong and/or the chains away.

Youmu can fire bullets even in CQC with the swipe of her sword, and her phantom half can also do the same. I reckon dodging bullets in your face is a lot harder than dodging them from a distance.

Even without the danmaku, Youmu would be at a constant advantage because Wukongs attacks would be slowed down. And, again, for every attack Youmu lands, Wukong would be getting weaker and, I think, fatigued while Youmu continues to grow in power.

Both can cause shockwaves

While the chains aren't immediately game ending, they're a bigger ever present threat than the danmaku as the clones themselves can also restrain her first. Especially with so many varied transformating clones from ants, birds, snakes and more

Staff skills and magic like explosions, clones exploding/blocking danmaku and transformations make danmaku bearable and not too game ending

I still find it more dangerous for either the clones or staff to restrain her first in cqc than Yomu beating him down first

I disagree with Wukong having an advantage in CQC.

The chains aren't super relevant. I'm fairly convinced Youmu is faster and she has a field around her that slows down incoming attacks while also being able to produce shockwaves to knock Wukong and/or the chains away.

Youmu can fire bullets even in CQC with the swipe of her sword, and her phantom half can also do the same. I reckon dodging bullets in your face is a lot harder than dodging them from a distance.

Even without the danmaku, Youmu would be at a constant advantage because Wukongs attacks would be slowed down. And, again, for every attack Youmu lands, Wukong would be getting weaker and, I think, fatigued while Youmu continues to grow in power.
I would think the clones could help go around the problem the speed advantage would cause, but if she hits the clones with anything as well, wouldn't that also make her stronger?

Assuming it works on clones, then yeah she'd get stronger. However striking strength is less relevant here given invulnerability and moreso lifting strength since that's where they actually have a tangible difference

Assuming it works on clones, then yeah she'd get stronger. However striking strength is less relevant here given invulnerability and moreso lifting strength since that's where they actually have a tangible difference
Is there any reason it wouldn't work on the clones?

Edit: Otherwise, less Youmu is taken down quick, landing hits on the main Wukong wouldn't matter because she'll eventually be able to power cliff past him and get hits more easier to drain them of their strength otherwise

Don't they both have arguments of countless hundreds universes for both. Lego Monkie Kid certainly does. Iirc Touhou does too and if it doesn't have then it's weaker

Man, I should really go outside and touch grass. I am going to the local park and eating grass. I won't record it (I lost my mask for recording :( ) but I will indeed eat grass.

I would think the clones could help go around the problem the speed advantage would cause, but if she hits the clones with anything as well, wouldn't that also make her stronger?

Maybe? The issue is that they don't have an answer to Youmu's time slow. It's not just a speed advantage.

Larger speed chain + her own amps
Time slow field
Shockwaves
Forcefields (which also reflect projectiles, maybe that could work on the chains?)
Projectiles in close quarters
AoE projectiles to get people off of her
Etc.

Both characters have advantages in CQC to help avoid attacks, but in Youmu's case, her attacks are more effective because she'll continuously grow stronger while weakening her opponents AND stripping away their stamina. So, her hitting Wukong with anything is more helpful for her and detrimental for Wukong than vice versa.

You also bring up a good point. If she can steal the clones' energies, she'll be getting amped far faster while also draining them too.

Edit: I just read what was sent... it'd be funny if this can't get added, lol.

You said this match, both characters have equal stats, which means you can't add to the profiles.

I said that they're basically equal tiers because of their cosmologies higher end interpretations

So I don't believe this match up can't be added on their profiles

Sun Wukong scales to a minimum of 200+ given the scrolls are countlessly numerous with a single one containing 4 universes in a single scroll. He easily reaches 2-B

If Yomu has no higher end interpretations then she is only 108

Specific numbers approach is boring

Back