• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sun Wukong VS Konpaku Yomu (Lego Monkie Kid VS Touhou Project) 6/7/0

Anyway isn't the score 7-6? Is that enough for grace or do we need more votes?[/spoiler]
Ask the main guy whether the rules are staying the same as the previous ones or the new one with the AP gap, either way I can at least stay I'll keep my vote on Youmu because her being faster at first will allow them to likely get by and absorb power from any clones he potentially uses alongside the use of danmaku through close quarters by means of her sword.

Said absorption will keep that same gap if not outright allow her to cliff him eventually.

Edit: Because she'll get stronger AND faster through spirit absorption (though the constant speed advantage helps a plethora), if that helps explain my reasoning. The clones may as well be batteries if she gets hits.

Yes... because she does.

I did understand, and I heavily disagreed. You used Rory which does NOT look anything like a teen to such a degree that she is
A) The main person people refer to as "ancient loli" trope
B) is described as having the body of a 13-year-old even by her own fandom. (Never watched the anime, so no clue if it's a canon statement or not).

Pretty sure I even mentioned that some do make Youmu look that young, but many don't. Again, is lipstick all someone needs to look mature in your eyes?

They don't. Unless people are talking about the fairies, I have not met a single fan call them kids. The closest I ever see is late teens, and even then "young adults" is what's more commonly thrown around... because we visually see them stand beside stand-ins for children.

You just wrong my guy. But dad he started it!

Anyway isn't the score 7-6? Is that enough for grace or do we need more votes?
... I'm not wrong when a "supporter" literally agrees that they look like kids because of the artstyle...
Nah, Youmu's physical age should probably scale to other characters like Reimu and Marisa and the other incident solvers who are legal. It's the fault of the artist, who have a cutesy artstyle that makes her look young. Just saying, Youmu's fully legal.

Ask the main guy whether the rules are staying the same as the previous ones or the new one with the AP gap, either way I can at least stay I'll keep my vote on Youmu because her being faster at first will allow them to likely get by and absorb power from any clones he potentially uses alongside the use of danmaku through close quarters by means of her sword.

Said absorption will keep that same gap if not outright allow her to cliff him eventually.

Edit: Because she'll get stronger AND faster through spirit absorption (though the constant speed advantage helps a plethora), if that helps explain my reasoning. The clones may as well be batteries if she gets hits.

I'm predicting this won't get added. With how sidetracked it got, I can't imagine many people would go through 8 pages worth of nonsense debating, especially since 13 people already casted their votes.

Though I am in agreement. Even with the rule change, I think Youmu's arsenal can ultimately pull her ahead in battle. His dura doesn't matter, and while his AP is a threat, she has a few ways of just... preventing him from striking her. The real question is how many hits would she need to deplete him of his power and/or energy... which I don't think we have an answer for.

How exactly can Youmu clear and destroy all of Sun Wukong's attacks? There's an incredibly big AP difference, Wukong's projectiles and attacks would be too durable for Youmu to handle. Also Wukong only needs one hit to win, Youmu would need a lot of hits to win.

How exactly can Youmu clear and destroy all of Sun Wukong's attacks? There's an incredibly big AP difference, Wukong's projectiles and attacks would be too durable for Youmu to handle. Also Wukong only needs one hit to win, Youmu would need a lot of hits to win.

Youmu has a field around her that constantly slows down incoming attacks to a near stop (which apparently also damages the enemy, I just noticed that), has ways of becoming invulnerable for whenever she can't dodge (I know Wukong can do the same), can stop time (which Wukong doesn't seem to resist), has ranged attacks she can utilize even in CQC, and can suddenly create distance by manipulating space if she ever needs a quick gateway, plus (I think) a speed advantage.

So, my reasoning is that she has a plethora of ways to avoid his attacks while, potentially, having an easier time landing her hits.

Her getting hit wouldn't necessarily matter aside from them having to heal (however long that'd take but I assume it's immediate).

Wukong one-shotting them wouldn't give them a gain on Youmu because of her regen so he'll have to (eventually) think to do another way of taking her down while every hit Youmu gets because of the constantly increasing gap in speed (of which she's already faster in the start of the fight) will allow her to get the hits she needs. Not to mention her range can grow through 'Matsuyoi-Reflecting Satellite Slash', more than Wukong's range. (Though his clones will help get around that somewhat).

Not to mention her danmaku being able to be done through her sword will help her in close combat even if (I assume he does for this example) have the CQC edge. As well he can't dodge as well as she can in that case. (But if Wukong can dodge through something like rain and weather -I think either rain or snow- at minimum which fairies like Cirno can do casually- you tell me).

Last edited:
Wouldn't Wukong you know, break Youmu's swords if they ever did CQC due to the infinite strength difference or is Youmu too fast for that to happen?

Wouldn't Wukong you know, break Youmu's swords if they ever did CQC due to the infinite strength difference or is Youmu too fast for that to happen?
She's faster from the start as stated above from me and angelzewolf with the clones able to act as batteries for spirit absorption to allow her to get both faster and raise the speed gap even more to where she'll potentially become untouchable more often than not. As well as stronger. Though I'm not expecting her to close a strength gap easier more than stretch her speed advantage.

+ Danmaku usable through her sword to help her in CQC less someone says wukong is able to dodge through the stuff I said above in my previous post at a minimum.

However, that breaking swords thing is a good point.
Yeah like, Youmu would kill herself if she fought someone who can one shot her at CQC. Unless the speed difference is so immense that Wukong would never hope to catch her. Like, would Youmu know Wukong is capable of one shotting her? Or would she instantly assume his strength is relative to her and get one shot once they fight at close range?

Why would it matter if she knows? Realistically, most fighting done in Touhou is long ranged, so if anything, her first action would be to use Danmaku. Especially if her swords get broken.

And again, it's not just the speed advantage. It's everything surrounding that. Even if their speeds were equal, Wukong's attacks would constantly be slowed to a crawl. Pair that with time stop and space manipulation, and hitting her becomes borderline impossible, and then whenever he CAN land a hit, she can become invulnerable.

Wukong's AP just isn't that big of an issue when the chances of him hitting her isn't very high. She can also like... surround her blade in that weird energy from the fighting game to extend her range without needing to hit him with the sword itself.

Ok, what's more in character for Youmu to do, fight CQC or fight at long distances? Because if Youmu maintains her distance, I have her winning.

Wukong does resist space-time manipulation but moreso in the way of things that destroy space-time rather than slow down it looks like.

Unless that goes for resisting slowing down time, otherwise nothing about time stop resistance in his profile.

Back