• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

sun wu kong (myth revision)

Sun wukong should be placed high 1-A as a buddha.

1. A boddhisatva is a practicioner in the path to buddhahood, an eight bhumi bodhisattva upwards is already outerversal inhabiting pure buddhafields that trascend concepts of space and time, the three realms (desire, form and formless). Bodhisattvas are not bound by such conceptions.

2. A buddha is incomprehensible even for a bodhisattva of the tenth bhumi.

"Since it is not the pure realm, it is part of the absolute.[1] Since it is not conceptual, it is beyond example.

Since it is not within mind, it is not in samsara or peace.

Even the noble ones cannot conceive of the conquerors' objects."

All buddhas have just one true body, a wisdom body, without restrictions.

""In actuality, Buddha is a wisdom body, beyond time and distance. The wisdom body of the Buddha is constant [rtag pa], since immeasurable time has no self-nature; his wisdom body is all-pervasive [khyab pa], since immeasurable dimensions have no self-nature. Since his wisdom body is beyond atoms and instants, beyond matter and time, it is possible for all atoms of all world systems to fit into a single atom and for all aeons to fit into a single second." wisdomlib.org - Text Sections 225-226 / Stanza 10

There is just one buddha, once you reach buddhahood you just get the same wisdom body, hence wukong should be high 1-A upon reaching buddhahood.

I mean, he's not wrong real life buddhahood would probably reach 1-A. Question is, do we even scale Journey to the West to real life Buddhism?

Ogbunabali said:
I mean, he's not wrong real life buddhahood would probably reach 1-A. Question is, do we even scale Journey to the West to real life Buddhism?
exactly thats why i thought about if were scaling sun wu kong shouldnt we also scale him considring of how real life buddhism works

(He managed to achieve Nirvana which according to Buddhist teachers is transcendence of all concepts and boundaries and ascension to a state of absolute boundlessness existing outside of all of existence, all concepts and dimensions)

(When you achieve Nirvana, you encompass and become with all of existence itself)

(As a Nirvana user his existence has transcended absolutely everything possible and exists merely as a boundless entity free of limitation, boundaries, and concepts as to Nirvana these things are mini obstacles in life)

(Is free of all limitation and Boundaries as Nirvana is the state of absolute transcendence)

(Knows everything there is to know as Nirvana allows the user to know nearly all there is to know in existence)

1-A Sun Wukong seems pretty accurate.

JohnCenaNation said:
(He managed to achieve Nirvana which according to Buddhist teachers is transcendence of all concepts and boundaries and ascension to a state of absolute boundlessness existing outside of all of existence, all concepts and dimensions)

(When you achieve Nirvana, you encompass and become with all of existence itself)

(As a Nirvana user his existence has transcended absolutely everything possible and exists merely as a boundless entity free of limitation, boundaries, and concepts as to Nirvana these things are mini obstacles in life)

(Is free of all limitation and Boundaries as Nirvana is the state of absolute transcendence)

(Knows everything there is to know as Nirvana allows the user to know nearly all there is to know in existence)

1-A Sun Wukong seems pretty accurate.
Like i said i dont see why sun-wukong shouldnt be 1-A

Wukong doesn't scale to the real Buddha.

Firstly, the wiki won't allow Religious characters, because then people will want their favourite religious character to be on the wiki and then there'll be a Barney the Dinosaur 3.0.

And the wiki has decided that they don't want to start that flame war.

So, you cannot use real life religious text to scale to Wukong, only mythological text, which is why the Jade Emperor profile was scaled to 1-A.

If the Jade Emperor is 1-A, wouldn't Wukong also be 1-A or at least have 1-A durability as it is stated on his profile for durabilty: "t least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level or Universe level+ through Immortality (Incapable of being killed by any deity, not even by the Jade Emperor himself)"

If that is the case, shouldn't it say " At least Galaxy level, likely Outerversal through Immortality (Incapable of being killed by any deity, not even by the Jade Emperor himself)"

PowerToScale said:
If the Jade Emperor is 1-A, wouldn't Wukong also be 1-A or at least have 1-A durability as it is stated on his profile for durabilty: "t least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level or Universe level+ through Immortality (Incapable of being killed by any deity, not even by the Jade Emperor himself)"

If that is the case, shouldn't it say " At least Galaxy level, likely Outerversal through Immortality (Incapable of being killed by any deity, not even by the Jade Emperor himself)"
It's just wrong, the Jade Emperor never made an attack himself on Wukong at all, he only ever sent the Heavenly army.

The closest person to the Jade Emperor who fought Wukong was the Buddha, who completely stomped Wukong no diff.

And it was stated "The Buddha dared not decline" in referene to an offer made by the Jade Emperor to attend the Feast to Celebrate Peace in Heaven.

Plus anyway, the current profile is out of date, and is being revised by myself.

If I'm not wrong, the current Sun Wukong profile is only about Sun Wukong from the novel. Therefore, It has nothing to do with real life religious.

TrueBK98 said:
If I'm not wrong, the current Sun Wukong profile is only about Sun Wukong from the novel. Therefore, It has nothing to do with real life religious.
The Jade Emperor profile I'm making doesn't use any religion.

And yes, Wukong is from Journey to the West, and isn't a religious being scaling to other religious beings.

Back