• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Summoning Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wokistan said:
I sent him a message. Life points is game mechanics tho just like any other HP system, they'd get a regular durability.
No. Once the cards and effects start becoming real, in most series they result in death at 0. Its more like power levels. Legit, but not quantifiable.

Antoniofer said:
Life points its their stamina and health so a grenade's effect is reduce the LP of the duelist in 8000.
If a grenade can one-shot people who one shot above baseline 3-Cs, then yes. Otherwise no.

If we accept this, should we consider stuff like Ash being hit by pokemon? It happens to him a lot iirc. This isn't even trying to discredit the OP, I actually agree with this, just wondering.

Someone missed the ZEXAL revisions. You're also assuming the people I mentioned were human.

Im only referring to humans. Barians and aliens are fine.

Someone missed the ZEXAL revisions. You're also assuming the people I mentioned were human.

Im only referring to humans. Varians and aliens are fine.

Yeah. Upgraded Crest humans probably scale too.

I doubt the average duelist is that strong tho... Not refering to monsters, they do not possesses LP. But this is not a ygo thread and it.

Also, this no a downgrade at all, at worst (or best depending who are you asking) is just remove some matches from the trainers or tamers profiles.

@Yobo you should have probably mentioned that they're aliens lol.

@Everyone I'll wait a bit more before doing anything, but it seems that there is a common consensus.

Also as for the above thing with pokemon. The pokemon used by trainers have files of their own. If you don't want the trainer to become a liability, match them against a wild one, and accept the hit in strategy. The trainer aids in that strategic department, but also provides a vulnerability. Can't they just use their pokemon to protect themselves from most things anyways?

So...if we allow the summoners to be hurt....wouldn't the 10-B summoners imediately die just from being anywhere near the fight?

YungManzi said:
So...if we allow the summoners to be hurt....wouldn't the 10-B summoners imediately die just from being anywhere near the fight?
If they are directly attack by someone of superior AP or its opponent has AoE attacks, then yes most likely, unless one of its summoning protects/moves it or the summoner has tteloprtations/forcefields powers.

That's kind weak...having the summoner get taken out from the backlash of a tier 6 battle is....not very cool...but it's whatever float you guy's boats.

I think he means that being remotely in the presence of a tier 6 attack shouldn't end to well due to the dispersion of force. Luckily, we don't let every tier 8+ create destructive shockwaves unless that's a thing hey do, so probably not.

The dispersal of force thing is up to the debaters to decide for themselves. Lots of characters in fiction destroy the world around them just by fighting, even if it isn't 100% accurate to their actual strength in lore— Super Saiyan 2 Level fights destroying mountains in the background, but not the whole planet itself for example. I don't think we should leave that sort of stuff up to the rules.

Hell, if your summoner gets erased by the sheer force of a character's flexing, too bad. It'd be a stomp in the same way any other stomp would be.

@Amexim

I personally think the person who makes the thread should have a choice to make the summoner not targetable at all if the fight is a stomp otherwise.

OP have the option to avoid attacks directed agaisnt the summoner, but that is the type of matches that aren't... "realistic" enough and wouldn't be added to the profiles.

Well, that's the thing, fights that aren't "realistic" enough or are what you're talking about won't be added to profiles. Any fight can be made, though.

I havbe the feeling than that last post is in the wromg thread.

Anyway, nearly everyone agreed with removing the rule, so who performs the changes?

Well, since I made the thread, I think the responsibility falls on me.

I'm not going to edit it for a few more hours, to make sure everyone has their say.

Wait, then when a match about summoner Vs. summoner is done, they will target the summoner itself instead, rather than just doing it like what pokemon battles do?

Bobsican said:
Wait, then when a match about summoner Vs. summoner is done, they will target the summoner itself instead?
That depends of the modus operandi of the characters, but they generally do that unless they want to show their superiority or any CIS

Depends, if the characters wouldn't do that then no but if they would then yes. For example, a game of MTG is a duel between two planeswalkers who I guess are just superior to the rest of the verse. You can summon your dudes, but there are also entire deck archtypes devoted to killing your opponent directly with spells before they can get their summons established. I run a storm deck that tries to do this for instance. If IRL people had a file as mtg players, to say they can't directly target one another when there are cards devoted specifically to that is asinine.

Wokistan said:
Depends, if the characters wouldn't do that then no but if they would then yes.
Then again, as morality is chaged in the characters to make the matches feasible most of the time, this would lead to the belief that by SBA they would do that by default even if that´s heavily against their character.

That is not what SBA means. It means someone who refuses to kill under any circumstance stops refusing to do that, but it doesn't mean people go straight for the quick efficient kill if that's OOC.

Well, most summoners I can think of would likely just go straight for the kill to the opposing summoner in that case.

Then they do that. This rule never ever really applied to anyone excluding pokemon anyways. Look at the MTG planeswalkers. They aren't just immune to everything because they can summon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back