• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suiryu potential upgrade, and other characters upgrades.

I'd have to see if i can find it, but maybe somewhere here has it, but apparently Murata said that Suiryu = Garou. That would give Gouketsu an upgrade, and maybe others as well.

First find the scan or article of murata saying this. Otherwise your proposal is meaningless as we have no evidence to believe you.

Second which garou are we talking about, it's likely human garou.

Edit: but that begs the question what point In Time of garou is he referring to, either way I don't see how this could upgrade suriyu or gouketsu any higher than where they are now.

We can't use the tiering we have for human garou on his profile because that was when garou was at 100% of his human limit and at this time when suriyu and gouketsu are around he wasn't.

Dunno if this is reliable, as he did not provide the link to the stream or some kind of translated link of muratas convo within the stream.

Even if we take his statement at face value, he is likely referring to human garou and not monster garou or his other evolved form.

Grudgeman1706 said:
Dunno if this is reliable, as he did not provide the link to the stream or some kind of translated link of muratas convo within the stream.
Even if we take his statement at face value, he is likely referring to human garou and not monster garou or his other evolved form.
I'm certain he was refering to human garou. Which is why i feel that Gouketsu should be upgraded.

1. Unless someone can actually provide a good source for this like Grudge said, I don't think we should use it.

2. Even if this was stated, I am almost certain he'd be referring to Human Garou. There is no reason at all that Suiryu would scale to Boros.

3. I also think he would've been referring to current Human Garou right after fighting Metal Bat and beginning to fight Watchdog Man. Rather than later on when he got much stronger and fought Rover and Darkshine.

4. Regardless, apparently Suiryu is already rated as 7-A, so scaling him to Human Garou wouldn't upgrade his tier. It could perhaps give Gouketsu an "At least" to his tier.

Why do you think i keep scaling people to Boros? But yeah "At least" seems reasonable, or multi mountain since genos stated he was in a league of his own.

I'm just saying there's no way Murata could've been referring to Monster Garou. Suiryu is quite obviously not on someone like his or Boros's level.

It really depends on which version of Human Garou Murata is referring to, and if this actually happened. As no one really wants to directly link to a source. But if so, I'm fine with "At least 7-A" for Gouketsu.

Logically it wouldn't be monster garou
I agree, and that's what I was trying to say.

but it should be translated soon. i'll link it then.
Sure thing. Thanks.

Why is there even a thread for this? He meant clearly meant human garou. Both garou and suiryu are 7-A. This only justifies suiryu's 7-A rating a little more. This changes nothing. This thread should be closed.

Jonathanlighter said:
Why is there even a thread for this? He meant clearly meant human garou. Both garou and suiryu are 7-A. This only justifies suiryu's 7-A rating a little more. This changes nothing. This thread should be closed.
It would change Gouketsu

At most it'd just give Gouketsu an "At least."

7-A is a 10x gap. gouketsu could have shitstomped 7-A suiryu and only be 9x stronger, therefore gouketsu would still be 7-A. therefore an "at least 7-A" would be the best option.

Murata also said that Sonic is many time faster than Metal Bat which make no sense.,. dont know if we can consider Murata as someone reliable,he isnt ONE,he is just the artist

I get the feeling this is a little something like 1/2 Big Bang Saitama. Although the steam should be translated soon enough I think. There is that one guy doing them on Reddit, which is where we got definitively planetary Saitama from.

1. We are talking about Somic of the manga not the webcomic 2.

Seriously? Tatsumaki clearly play with him she wasnt serious at all,and she was injure anyway.

The problem i have with this is that make no sense that Sonic faster(let along many time) than MB becuse MB can solo Dragons level.. so what now Sonic faster than Dragon level? he could even kill Deap Sea King

Your argument make zero sense what so ever.

1. Tats was trying to kill Saitama

2. Dragon level threats don't automatically scale to speed.

3. Sonic has been training, and is equal to Genos. Who claims to be able to face dragon level threats rn in the manga.

4. MB was pretty much blitzed by Garou, who Genos kept up with. Who happened to be blitzed by Manga Sonic.

5."The problem i have with this is that make no sense that Sonic faster(let along many time) than MB becuse MB can solo Dragons level.. so what now Sonic faster than Dragon level? he could even kill Deap Sea King"

He not only was too fast for DSK, he is confirmed to be able to kill him by one himself.

Maruta talk about magna Sonic,not webcomic Sonic

Sonic in the manga cant be faster than MB becuse he is only Demon level and cant fight Dragon level yet unlike MB.

Sonic can kill dry mod DSK not his true form,in his true form DSK blitzed Sonic

DSK never blitzed Sonic. Even when hydrated he couldnt catch him. And as i said before Threat levels don't scale speed. Only destructive capacity. That's like saying the spout monster would blitz Sonic as well.

I pertty sure DSK indeed blitzed him but even if not he definitely was faster

You cant compare the spout monster to others Dragon level becuse first he isnt official Dragon level and second even if he was,he is clearly a special one,physically he is around Tiger level or lower

And i dont remember one time in the whole series that any Demon level presented as faster than Dragon level so claiming the thread level mean nothing about speed is wrong,unless you have proof

"I pertty sure DSK indeed blitzed him but even if not he definitely was faster"

Yet he couldn't catch him. Debunked.

"You cant compare the spout monster to others Dragon level becuse first he isnt official Dragon level and second even if he was,he is clearly a special one,physically he is around Tiger level or lower"

Yet Sonic is clearly known for his speed. That's his main thing. Even Genos could sense Gouketsu coming. But couldnt track Sonic when he got serious.

He stiil was faster than him and this is fact

You still didnt bring any proof that Demon level can be faster than Dragon level(and Gouketsu case is not a proof,not even close)

Sonic is proof. Awaken cockroch is proof. Even puri puri could keep up, and dodge attacks from melzagald.

Awaken cockroch and Soinc werent show to be faster than Dragon level

The case with Melzagald only prove that PPP got stronger since the fight with DSK,he even show a new "form" if i
remember right,In addition it not like PPP fight alone there were also 2 more top tier S class heros and MT,Mezagald wasnt focus only on PPP if that was 1v1 fight he would kill him quicklier

PPP did not get faster lol it was literally like a few days later iirc.

Sonic blitzed genos who could keep up with garou who could blitz MB.

Awaken cockroach aslo blitzed Genos.

You can get stronger from fighting not just training,it something kinda common ,for example in One Piece.

Genos fight with Human Garou only in the webcomic not in the manga,you cant mix them,in the manga it seem like ONE replace Genos with Watchdog Man

Don't ignore feats. Both are canon.

Ppp didnt get faster than Sonic. Sonic has also been training as well.

I dont ignore anything,the magna is the remake of the webcomic the manga is the "real" canon,ONE add and remove what he want to,in the manga Genos wont fight with Garou so you cant use that as fact

I'm not arguing any of this irrelevant "which S-Class would beat the other" topic that has nothing to do with this thread.

However we do consider the webcomic and manga to be of the same canon. If not, then MHS+ S-Class, City level Genos, Large Island+ Tornado, Multi-Continent Boros, Sub-Rel Saitama, and Planet level Saitama wouldn't be a thing.

@Ryukama

I am not claiming the webcomic isnt canon,i saying that if for example in the webcomic there is X scene and in the manga ONE decide to change that scene to something else and completely different than we cant use that specific X sense as proof for something because that isn't canon anymore since the autor change this

For example,regarding my discussion with Quan,in the begining ONE make Genos fight against Garou(webcomic) but now he change his mind and make Gaoru fight Watchdog Man instead,so we cant use Genos vs Garoru as fact anymore becuse that not what ONE want.

1. You said that we can't mix the canon of webcomic and manga. We do just that for our profiles however.

2. If the manga has not yet retconned an event from the webcomic, we assume the event still happened until/if it does get retconned.

1. I mean we cant mix the manga and the webcomic in the regard of what i said-if ONE remake some scene from the webcomic to somthnig else so we need to use the manga version and not the webcomic

2. Well you rght technically,i just personally cant see Gaoru win against WDM but anyway my point is that if he wont fight Gaoru than we cant use his fight with Gaoru as proof for something.

1. Okay. But I think I remembe you saying something about regarding manga and webcomic as separate canons before. But it doesn't matter

2. If the event gets retconned out, then yeah. But for now, we assume the event still happened.

Back