• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Subjective Reality for Jessica Sorrow

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
This seems pretty straightforward.

I don't carry a gun, or any other kind of weapon. I've never felt the need. And weapons wouldn't do any good against Jessica Sorrow anyway. Nothing could touch her any more. Something happened to her, long ago, and she gave up her humanity to become the Unbeliever. Now she doesn't believe in anything. And because she doesn't believe with such utter certainty, all the world and everything in it are nothing to her. None of it can affect her in the least. She can go anywhere, and do anything, and she does. She can do terrible, distressing things, and she does, and nothing touches her. She has no conscience and no morality, no pity and no restraint. The material world is like paper to her, and she rips it apart as she walks through it. Luckily for the world, she doesn't leave the Nightside much. And luckily for the rest of us here, there are long periods when she just sleeps or drops out of sight. But when she's up and walking, everyone gets the hell out of her way. Because when she concentrates her unbelief on anything or anyone, they disappear. Gone forever.
~ Agents of Light and Darkness​
Now that we have a page for Subjective Reality, Jessica should have it. Her powers of "unbelief" fit the description to a tee. (And are actually one of the scarier examples I can think of off the top of my head...)

Considering the quote also says more than once that "the world can't touch/affect her anymore", I'd say she has the negation aspects of the power as well.

She's quite literally portrayed as being this walking disaster area that everyone flees from because A) they can't kill her, and B) she can wipe them out just by looking in their general direction.

There was no shortage of objects of power in the Nightside, anything from wishing rings to description theory bombs, and every damn one of them was up for sale. But Jessica Sorrow would have none of them, and people and places vanished under her angry glare as she continued her rampage. The word was, she was looking for something so real she would have to believe in it… perhaps something real enough and powerful enough finally to kill her, and put her out of everyone's misery.
~ Agents of Light and Darkness​

Not exactly its just ee protecting her. Negation goes along the lines of nulling powers attacks, damage etc, her ability just ees everything that tries to hit her. Still EE not negation.

If that were the case, someone would have shot her from outside of her line of view a long time ago. Not just because a lot of people would benefit from her being dead, but also because sniper rifles and other long-range options (like most other weapons in general) are extremely easy to come by in the Nightside, as are professional hitmen, assassins, trained marksmen, et cetera.

Even then, "erasing" someone's attack by not believing it can touch her to begin with would be negation. And doing so after it hits her (which is assuredly something she can do, else someone would have managed to kill her by now) would be the same deal.

Attacks are still being erased though. Adding negation here would be to add abilities for the sake of it.

Erasing any possible physical attack you can think of is still ee. Negation would be for people who for example get hit but negate the damage, negate skills, negate traits etc. So more abstract things. You could add negation but why would you do that? Keep the profile concise. Adding negation is adding 2 names for the same ability, get my point?

Firephoenixearl said:
Negation would be for people who for example get hit but negate the damage--
Facepalm3
I just said:
And doing so after it hits her (which is assuredly something she can do, else someone would have managed to kill her by now) would be the same deal.

Seems fine to me, including negation stuff.

Alright. I'll go ahead and make these changes.

As soon as I can find a way to say "Anything that gets thrown at her gets negated because she doesn't believe it's real" without sounding like a NLF on steroids...

Back