• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest/Weakest Manipulations

Jinsye

She/Her
Question I'm asking because of curiousity.

What are the strongest and weakest types of manipulations?

(Basically any power that has manipulation in the title.)

Plot, Fate, Law and Probability Manipulation >>>> High-end Information Manipulation >>>>>>>>>> anything else

So it goes like this.

Conceptual Manipulation > Plot, Fate, Law and Probability Manipulation > High-end Information Manipulation, > and every other type of manipulation?

Was expecting Causality to be higher

@King

High-end Info manip is probably above probability. By a lot. If you are able to alter the fundamental information of existence, you automatically have Probability manip, as the probability of something is, in and of itself, information that can be altered. Same with Law and Fate.

Plot is pretty high, same with Higher-Dimensional, and Concept is one of, if not the, strongest manips out there.

The weakest? A super-niche one like Cloth Manipulation or Animal Manipulation. Without especially powerful cloth or animals those abilities cap at like 9-B and can't bypass durability the vast majority of the time.

WeeklyBattles said:
Lower dimensional Manipulation ovo
I mean...if you can remove lower dimensional properties of stuff, like removing points and lines, you can probably make stuff collapse into...I don't even know what.

@Dark

If you removed points and lines you still wouldn't affect us. Everything we know is 3-D; removing points isn't going to make anything collapse because points don't interact with anything 3-D.

Unless you want to yank 1-D Strings into here, but at that point you already hit Quantum Manipulation, so...

I remember a game where a guy had a switch that let him travel to higher or lower dimensions.

He went to the 1st dimension.

That went well.

The Everlasting said:
I remember a game where a guy had a switch that let him travel to higher or lower dimensions.

That went well.
Hydlide? I know that happens at one point.

The only logical reason I could think of someome going to the 1st dimension would be he was curious of what it looked and felt like

Darkanine said:
The Everlasting said:

That went well.
Hydlide? I know that happens at one point.
I believe he was talking about the Henry Stickmin game. Infiltrating the Airship.

Henry traveled to the first dimension. He couldn't flip the switch up because, you know. Lack of height.

@Js

Well you wouldn't feel anything. The 1st dimension is literally just a line. No nerves, no body, no matter. Matter even all the smallest scale requires 3-D existence. 2-D is already unfathomably low, and 1-D is even lower than that.

But hey dust manipulation doesn't sound that bad... Just get it into their mouths and suffocate the target.

There's a Star Wars character who can use dust particles to completely erase a person's memories.

So lol.

Also lower dimensional manip could be useful.

You could kill the Monarch Of Pointland easily.

What the actual... that has to be a Sith, right? That is really messed up. Also how does erasing specific memories work? I guess they have a better understanding of the brain, but targeting specific memories seems so outlandish without a supernatural influence.

Hey, Lower-Dimensional Manipulation / BFR can be pretty useful

there's a webcomic character that can BFR stuff to a 0-dimensional universe and bring them back (thanks Inti)

Assaltwaffle said:
What the actual... that has to be a Sith, right? That is really messed up. Also how does erasing specific memories work? I guess they have a better understanding of the brain, but targeting specific memories seems so outlandish without a supernatural influence.
I mean, memories are determined by the brain. By altering it she erased them all.

And to be fair it was temporary.

Combining that with her large-scale illusions (And I mean like, entire caverns and ravines) that would persist for a century, and she'd be freaking deadly in a vs. match.

@Ever

The large-scale illusions sound like what Braccus Rex can do. What tier is she? That could be a good Matchup...

Also I know memories are determined by the brain, but how the brain store information is still extremely foreign to us. We know specific areas that hold certain types of information and their functions, but we are REALLY far out from being able to find and change a specific memory. Completely wiping memories and emotion is probably doable by targeting the frontal lobe, but that isn't going to be precise at all.

Wouldn't work on Braccus. He is immune to such things as long as his magic resistance (granted from his armor) is unbroken. And it doesn't matter that "it doesn't hit armor," because he can stop Mind Control and other attacks that wouldn't hit armor.

Not yet, I'm almost done with the book she's starring in (I have like, 40 pages left) so I'll be able to get on it soon soon. Probably Thursday or Friday.

And then I need to read the Yuuzhan Vong series, which is 1.7 million words long...

Back