• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest/Weakest Manipulations

@Ultima

21 books, over 7,000 pages.

For perspective, that rivals the size of A Song of Ice and Fire.

Also for perspective, reading all of the major Legends arcs (The Thrawn Trilogy, The Hand of Thrawn Duology, The New Jedi Order, The Dark Nest Trilogy and Fate of the Jedi) totals at 4.1 million words.

Which is longer than A Song of Ice and Fire, Harry Potter and Lords of the Rings combined.

I believe that quantum manipulation is the strongest manipulation type (until end of dimension conseption). Controlling entire space and matter on the lowest sub-particle level making character almost omnipotent. I know about Doctor Quantum, whose whole power lies in this. I also think that higher-dimensional spaces (at least in several verses) also have their sub-purticles. If there was a character with such power, he would have a tier up to High 1-B (depending on how high x-D space character can manipulate hyper-quantums).

People laugh at Fungus Manipulation until this guy comes, corrodes a tank until it vanishes into thin air in seconds using mold and then dissolves the soldiers inside it using super athlete's foot.

As for Strongest, definitely say it's Quantum Manipulation. As for weakest.... Well, any type of manipulation is useful if you practice with it. Although the least versatile is Fungus Manipulation, as it's probably only going to work in swampy areas.

What guy?

Discord comes to mind, but that is via specific circumstances. He does have Class 1 (physical erasure) ER for combat purposes though.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
Body Manipulation isn't really that useful or powerful. Maybe I'll eventually do a ranked list of all of the powers in my opinion and post it here.
Actually, if the body manipulation is strong enough, you can squeeze yourself inside a vent and spy on anyone.

You can elongated your nose and nail then dig underground, buried yourself and wait until the enemy go away.

Besides, what's the difference between shapeshifting and body manipulation?

Even the lowest form of body control is still useful. It's not as bad as only able to control a single proton.

Vizorus69 said:
Even the lowest form of body control is still useful. It's not as bad as only able to control a single proton.
What specific power do we have in this wiki as a page that has only the usage of being able to control a single proton? :0

I think in general, Plot Manipulation is better than Concept Manipulation, but Concept Manipulation has the potential to be better. Seeing as most Concept users can only manipulate specific concepts, that's why Plot is generally better.

Vizorus69 said:
What specific power do we have in this wiki as a page that has only the usage of being able to control a single proton? :0
Zero dimensionality? Control yourself?

Well, Plot is also a concept, so there's that. The types of conceptual users that can manipulate all concepts, like Taikyoku or Yog-Sothoth, I'd say that's better than most uses of Plot Manipulation. I think Featherine and Yog kind of show that Plot and Concept might just be equal.

Well, Plot is also a concept, so there's that. The types of conceptual users that can manipulate all concepts, like Taikyoku or Yog-Sothoth, I'd say that's better than most uses of Plot Manipulation. I think Featherine and Yog kind of show that Plot and Concept might just be equal.
However, plot manipulation can only control the plot to the extent that the readers/viewers/consumers isn't mad (Remember Captain America Hail Hydra?). With concept manipulation, no matter what you do, people will always just accept it, because that's basically the power to control anything, including the plot, but because concept manipulators are also viewed as reality warpers, anything they do, the fans will just accept it.

Plot manipulation can make you win the fight every time (Thought Robot vs Mandrakk) or beat even stronger opponents (Bugs Bunny)

JackJoyce said:
Plot manipulation can make you win the fight every time (Thought Robot vs Mandrakk) or beat even stronger opponents (Bugs Bunny)
Plot Manipulation is overused for gags though. Concept Manipulation is far more exotic and used by truly overpowered characters (mostly in serious context), not abused by toonforce or meme characters

Back