• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Udlmaster

That's both completely unproven, and unquantifiable. That's like saying Deep Sea King is stronger than Vaccine Man because Saitama was "stronger" when he thought the former.

As I've mentioned before, we have absolutely no idea how much force Saitama was applying in his fight against either Boros or Garou. We can't assume he's stronger just because he seemingly handled normal and serious strikes better than Boros did, much as the case with Overgrown Rover and Speed O' Sound Sonic. You could make this argument for both quite honestly, but at the very least it was clear as day that Saitama wasn't actually trying to kill Garou in their fight given that he still viewed him as human, Rover and Orochi show how he handles threats that he doesn't immediatly view as a monster.

its not a matter of opinions in here. it was already stated by ONE or murata that garou is the superior one in close combat, so boros tries to get close, and he is getting smacked. thats not an opinion, its just a fact at this point

@Super

I think you're imagining more than I actually put down. I didn't say that Garou was better because he handled a fight against Saitama better, I was merely talking about the theory that was implied by the VGS audio special, which was backed up by Saitama's statements and feats.

And I didn't make the comparison between anything like Deep Sea King > Vaccine man, to assume I made that comparison based on me saying that Garou fought a possibly stronger Saitama is a invalid comparison as it ignores context entirely;

Garou fought Saitama and even Saitama admitted how good Garou was in CQC, nothing he never did for Boros, and how Garou himself took a serious headbutt where Serious Punch one shot Boros. There's a lot you missed out by making an assumption on what I said.

Why am I being strawmanned?

I never said Saitama wanted to kill Garou?

Its clear he was willing to do fatal/mortal harm by the fact he used a serious Headbutt and was killing to blow his arm off.

Saitama's serious non-punch attacks have never actually been used to kill before, so it's not particularly easy to gauge how powerful they are relative to a serious punch. This is also on top of Saitama's general inconsistency even with named movesets; his serious punch used on Boros was clearly far more powerful than the one used on Elder Centipede, but it's still technically the "same move."

Huesito88 said:
Saitama wasn't trying to kill Garou, he still considered him a nice guy.
and that is relavent why? a serious series is still a serious series. and garou survived some quite well. while boros could barely survive a normal punch. plus read the comic again, he started going serious at one point.

its also useless to argue something that has been already stated, close combat gauru is superior

He's similar, but whether his better CQC abilities alone would be enough is uncertain. Garou is the more skilled of the two, and is likely faster (by feats, though Boros never had a chance to fight anyone other than Saitama.) His durability also seems better; however, Boros has Regenerationn (Garou only seemed to regenerate when he shifted forms) and ranged energy attacks, including a final attack that Garou does not have an equivalent to. As far as physical strength goes (and debatably speed), there's no way to know for certain which of the two is superior.

uhh can i ask why sweet mask is "at least 7-B" when he was clearly shown to be equal to black sperm?

and that is relavent why? a serious series is still a serious series. and garou survived some quite well. while boros could barely survive a normal punch. plus read the comic again, he started going serious at one point.

It's relevant because Saitama's power in the series is based on how much he holds back his hits. Garou got destroyed by a normal punch at the start of the fight, just like Boros, before Saitama realised he was human and held back more.

I found this on comic vine

There is a bonus chapter that suggests Saitama's "serious series" moves are a joke. Saitama says he doesn't need a "killer move" because he can beat everyone with a normal punch, regardless. That does not mean every punch is the same but it somewhat dispels the importance people place on the serious punch.

JackJoyce said:
I found this on comic vine
There is a bonus chapter that suggests Saitama's "serious series" moves are a joke. Saitama says he doesn't need a "killer move" because he can beat everyone with a normal punch, regardless. That does not mean every punch is the same but it somewhat dispels the importance people place on the serious punch.
doesnt imply that. he is thinking that having a serious move its useless cause he can end any fight in one punch, which he is right about, almost.

DbzDB2 said:
uhh can i ask why sweet mask is "at least 7-B" when he was clearly shown to be equal to black sperm?
Sweet Mask is by no means an equal to Black Sperm; he was just able to fend off a casual Black Sperm's attacks for a bit, something that G4 Genos with no arms also did for a shorter period of time. Mask's attacks also have the advantage of not causing Black Sperm to multiply heavily every time, so right now it's difficult to even quantify how much he was getting hit compared to Atomic.

Sweet Mask's feats in that fight give him really good endurance even while taking lots of damage and okay Regenerationn (nowhere near as good as Zombieman's, though.) As far as damage output and speed, however, his feats don't really make him better in those categories than other low-mid S-Class brawlers (the rock feat isn't that much better than Tanktop Master's) and he doesn't hard scale to anyone of note to do him better.

He was updated to "likely 7-A" though. And obviously being in midst of this arc, character upgrades are possible.

Shouldn't Saitama have heat resistance for entering through the Earth's atmosphere at relativistic speed without being affected at all? That's gotta be some crazy heat resistance, even without the real world physics close to light speed.

Yeah, but that comes from being much physically stronger than them. For the same reason, if Boros tanked Orochi's energy, he wouldn't get resistance because it's a High 6-A getting hit by a High 6-C attack.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Yeah, but that comes from being much physically stronger than them. For the same reason, if Boros tanked Orochi's energy, he wouldn't get resistance because it's a High 6-A getting hit by a High 6-C attack.
You are saying everyone has Resistance to Fire Manipulation from lower tier characters? What's the point of hax then?

I don't think we should update his page with that image. The Webcomic is better in this instance. Better to wait until the Manga version of the power reclaiming scene before we change the image.

For some reason I thought that was the power reclaiming scene. Ah well, guess we'll wait another century for the actual scene in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back