• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest Character for Every Tier 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first saw 2747s profile on SCP I half expected it to be deleted due to its description or more lack of description.

Agnaa said:
I'm shit at writing the descriptions and the one on 2747's page is too incomprehensible, do you have any ideas?
I'd also like to add an explanation for the causality and concept manipulation that it has.
I may be able to help you with the description, if you want

Iapitus The Impaler said:
2747 is basically just an anomaly, and I guess it would be something like a mindless force. Its fiction that destroys and rises up in hierarchies of fiction, elements that destroy a work completely. The person who made that profile needs to actually add a description, because I had to go out and do my own research before I understood it
Even then it seems like this character is just too... out there to fit into our tiering system. If he is literally fiction he wouldn't be able to do anything to anyone. His profile gives him point level but seems to think that he is below that (since it seems like he was written to be fictitious), even though there is nothing possibly below that.

Also, even if he was a completely logic-barren character that is below dimensionality, then 11-C would be massive wank for him considering that he wouldn't even exist when compared to characters like Monarch of Pointland. At best he's unknown outright, at worst he doesn't fit into the tiering system whatsoever by virtue of trying to be too meta and abnormal.

Assaltwaffle said:
Iapitus The Impaler said:
2747 is basically just an anomaly, and I guess it would be something like a mindless force. Its fiction that destroys and rises up in hierarchies of fiction, elements that destroy a work completely. The person who made that profile needs to actually add a description, because I had to go out and do my own research before I understood it
Even then it seems like this character is just too... out there to fit into our tiering system. If he is literally fiction he wouldn't be able to do anything to anyone. His profile gives him point level but seems to think that he is below that (since it seems like he was written to be fictitious), even though there is nothing possibly below that.
Also, even if he was a completely logic-barren character that is below dimensionality, then 11-C would be massive wank for him considering that he wouldn't even exist when compared to characters like Monarch of Pointland. At best he's unknown outright, at worst he doesn't fit into the tiering system whatsoever by virtue of trying to be too meta and abnormal.
the idea is that it's a massive threat despite being fictional compared to the Foundation

it may seem odd, but 2747 is the reason 11-C now includes 0 and lower dimensional beings

Assaltwaffle said:

The definition of 11-C was changed to include both 0-D characters and those qualitatively inferior to them.

Also, 2747 can also manifest in the "reality" of the SCP world and threaten it, so it's not just fictional, even though that's usually how it manifests.

@Agnaa

The definition was changed? Good Lord. That's the biggest accommodation of nonsense I've seen in a while. But that's not a point atm.

So does 2747 actually exist and it just has different manifestations, or is it considered to be outright fake?

Well, it was a small addition to the definition, and one that should have already existed imo so the tiering system covers both the top end and the bottom end of characters.

It is an actual thing that occurs with different manifestations. In SCP (basically) everything including their world is fictional, 2747 can affect the fiction below, and the fiction of the main reality.

@Zach

Except in the cosmology of re:CREATORS the "fictional" worlds, while controlled and manipulated by the powers of creation, are real worlds that were spawned by the primary universe.

Once the world has been spawned it can be interacted with by others, both by manifesting characters into the real universe or by bringing people from the real universe to that created world.

re:CREATORS makes sense with its cosmology. This story, if the "fictional" universes that 2747 inhabits aren't just made but are truly fictional, is the most ridiculous, nonsensical, and Suggs-ish thing I've heard of in a bit.

In SCP most things occur in the "narrative stack", which only the top 1 or 2 god tiers transcend, hell, almost none even go past the main narrative.

Nearly everything that happens in SCP happens in a main narrative somewhere in the middle of that stack. Narratives are truly fictional things in higher narratives such as books, TV shows, and movies.

@Zach

I dislike SCP because it's a verse that can be added on to by literally anyone, no matter how ludicrous or stupid the story is, as long as it is half decently written.

My real problem here stems from my dislike of metafiction and how this story seems to take all the things that make me dislike it and cranks it up to 11 all while bending logic over backwards for the sake of a "woah dude" story.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Zach
I dislike SCP because it's a verse that can be added on to by literally anyone, no matter how ludicrous or stupid the story is, as long as it is half decently written.

My real problem here stems from my dislike of metafiction and how this story seems to take all the things that make me dislike it and cranks it up to 11 all while bending logic over backwards for the sake of a "woah dude" story.
ok, but very few know enough about the deep-lore to, say, make it tier 0

>comes to a conversation about a verse that's extremely meta

>gets mad because you don't like meta stuff

@Agnaa

OK, so that's almost like trying to call all DC characters 11-B for being just pictures to The Writer. Is there anything indicating a layered dimensionality to the narratives? What indicates that it goes below dimensionality itself? This just seems like an interpretation of narrative hierarchies gone really wrong.

You couldn't call them 11-B for being picture to The Writer, because the story doesn't happen from the perspective of the writer, it happens from the perspective of the heroes on Earth, and so they're tiered according to that perspective.

What exactly do you want for evidence of a layered dimensionality? I know that it exists but I don't want to toss a bunch of shit at you that isn't actually relevant.

Going below dimensionality was done by extending how we treat reality-fiction interactions. If you see reality as fiction you're treated as a dimension above, so conversely if reality sees you as fiction you should be treated as a dimension below.

@Agnaa

A statement that the narratives are dimensionality superior to one that it controls.

If it's a matter of perspective then what's to stop you from going to the lowest narrative layer and using that perspective to instead call everything in that reality "normal" and everything higher (including the primary SCP setting) Higher-dimensional instead? If you're building from the ground up with dimensionality you need to determine the lowest and build up from there instead of trying to start in the middle.

Because it doesn't make sense to give every character in the verse one of the highest 1-B on the site because we're working from the lowest level. We choose the main narrative because that's where 99.9999% of the content on the site is focused on, and where the rest of the content is relative to.

SCP-3812 is superior to the main narrative because it's on a constant ascension through higher narratives, each of which sees lower narratives as fiction.

SCP-1304 is a ritual for murder which when written into books causes a character to disappear from that book. In the week after publication a baby is born whose life will follow, as closely as possible, the life of the individual who was murdered in that book.

Are these the kind of things you wanted?

Assaltwaffle said:
@Zach

There are so many things wrong with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back