• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Striking Strength - Revised System Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the current discussion topic where we left off regarded whether we should change Continent Class, Planet Class, and Star Class to Continental Class, Planetary Class, and Stellar Class. Changing Moon Class to Lunar Class is another possibility.

Continent - Continental

Planet - Planetary

Star - Stellar

I'm uncertain about Moon - Lunar, Lunar refers to our moon specifically but that's a nitpick

Also, should we have another separate thread for simply signing up to help out, and mentioning at what time it would practically work to do so (within the coming days, during summer vacation in June, later on, etcetera)?

Off-topic

@Colonel Krukov: As I have stated quite clearly in the original post, this thread is to pertain to discussions regarding the revised Striking System ONLY.

There will be a different thread where I will collect information about the availability of staff members. Likewise, allocation of members and tasks, along with the time-frame will occur in a separate thread. The multitude of threads might sound intimidating, however, all information will be presented on the main thread in an organized manner, so there will not be any confusion.

Can someone add number ranges for the revised system for those with calcs like Thor and Superman? It's hard to figure out which class to use when you have multiple striking strengths for APs like Large Planet level and Solar System. And can someone add advice on which class to use for those that don't have calcs?

Edit: disregard this. I didn't read the revised system correctly

I agree with making the striking strength class names similar to the AP names, like Ant said. It alway seemed strange to me that even though the two were identical in many situations they had different names.

Out of curiousity, where did class beyond YJ? I am assuming the classes are based for the most part on the incremental system of joules Yottajoules are the biggest official joule name no, so are the rest of the words made up? If so, wouldnt it make more sense to just use other energy measurement system instead? If I am so wrong, please correct me. Otherwise, I see no problem personally.

Lunar Class should be fine. Since Moon level is our moon as a minimum requirement.

Striking Strength has always been a bit weird to me. AP shows the destructive capacity a character is capable of, but SS is supposed to show how physically strong they are. A character could have some superpowered energy blast that they could fire at an enemy, but if they simply tried to punch said enemy in the face, unless they are explicitly stated to have superhuman levels of strength, it's not going to be anywhere near as effective.

The thing is, many characters on this get their SS from powerscaling to their AP. It's reasonable, but if you think about it, some issues arrise up. Let me provide an example, using a verse I'm fairly knowedgable on.

In the Monster Hunter series, White Fatalis is one of the god-tiers of the verse. It was calculated to have an AP of Planet Level due to moving the moon. However, using physical attacks, it's never actually shown to be able to destroy anything more than a couple stone pillars. It does this casually, but it's still a much smaller feat than its AP. This clearly differenciates AP and SS for this creature, indicating that they shouldn't scale.

And that's why I'm iffy about SS scaling to AP. I just hope that this revision can fix things.

We aren't scaling SS to AP, just renaming it so its clearer to understand. If you had just joined this site and you saw "Class XGJ" as someone's striking strength, you wouldn't have clue what that meant, would you? Just saying "star level" (or whatver XGJ is) is easier to understand just from looking at the page.

For the moon striking class, should we go with Satellite Class, considering not all moons are as large or small as our own?

Satellite Class would unfortunately be quite confusing.

I'm fine with Lunar if other people are.

Yes, that's already proposed in the revisions.

Lunar Class is a very nice sounding name and easy to understand since most people associate the word lunar with the moon.

So a tldr Lunar = Moon Level Planetary = Planet Level.

Should we keep it simple and go something like this? (Not really keeping up beyond so this might have been said.)

- and + should describe the higher or lower versions of a tier. For instance Planetary- (Small Planet) Planetary (Planet) Planetary+ (Large Planet)

Stellar- (Small Star) And I think you guys get the idea from there

Beyond that, it seems easy Solar System Multi-Solar System Galactic Multi-Galactic And Universal.

@LordXcano

We will split the work into different groups handling different tier categories, like the previous attack potency revision.

Antvasima said:
@LordXcano

We will split the work into different groups handling different tier categories, like the previous attack potency revision.
Will that be staff only? I want to help out if I can since it is summer break and I have nothing better to do with my life.

Well, the staff tends to be considerably more experienced, and given their username colours it also makes it much easier for me to overview when I am keeping track of the edits in the wiki.

Antvasima said:
Well, the staff tends to be considerably more experienced, and given their username colours it also makes it much easier for me to overview when I am keeping track of the edits in the wiki.
Forgot to reply omg

Aww, that sucks. Cant blame you though lol.

I am willing to volunteer though if you need help though.

@KinkiestSins Thanks for the offer. I will try to keep it in mind.

As I mentioned in the previous thread, it would also be good if we changed all profiles that use the "Small Island level" title to "Large Mountain level" in conjunction, as the former alternative is severely misleading.

It sounds like a small island with one house in an archipelago after all.

@Ant

Technically, so is Large Mountain level.

If most people agree with the change I won't force myself to oppose it, but it takes destroying a large mountain to be Mountain level, and a large island to be Island level.

There's no real perfect way to work this, but I honestly don't mind Small Island level being used.

Again, just my opinion that I won't try and push if everyone else prefers Large Mountain level.

Well, I technically agree that the other titles are also misleading to a degree, but still think that Large Mountain level sounds better and is considerably less inaccurate than Small Island level.

Do the rest of you think that we should change Mountain level to Large Mountain level, and Large Mountain level to Mountain Range level at some point as well?

Switching Mountain level to Large City level is another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back